color
clarity

Let's talk baby names

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1466615864|4046693 said:
amc80|1466552008|4046444 said:
SMC said:
amc, are you getting closer to a name yet? One suggestion I had to add to your list - Campbell. Like the soup.

I think Campbell is cute! So, of course, DH vetoed it.

I'm fairly sure we will go with Cooper.
Cool! Did you ever watch that 90s show "Hangin' with Mr Cooper"? That's the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear that name. I used to love that show.

Totally watched that!

Christopher6

Rough_Rock
Trade
Anyway I am also searching baby names, which I have in my minds are :-
Evaan
cafer
Jacques

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Okay, DH wants to decide on a name so we are picking this weekend. Haven't actually decided the method of picking...but picking nonetheless. Likely it will be out of a hat. Blake, Cooper, and Hudson.

April20

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1468901348|4057007 said:
Okay, DH wants to decide on a name so we are picking this weekend. Haven't actually decided the method of picking...but picking nonetheless. Likely it will be out of a hat. Blake, Cooper, and Hudson.

May the odds be ever in your favor and Hudson not get picked out of the hat. :cheeky:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
April20|1468965828|4057319 said:

May the odds be ever in your favor and Hudson not get picked out of the hat. :cheeky:

Haha thank you! I'm getting to the point where I don't even care, I just want to decide on something. Hudson or not.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck amc!! I don't know how well this might work if you just can't decide what feels best, but I once had a vendor play a game with me when I couldn't pick between 2-3 things. He suddenly says "what if I said you have 5 seconds to pick, or you can't have ANY of them? 5...4...3..." Although fake (I hoped), the pressure made it suddenly clear which item I liked just a bit more than the others, and it took the threat of losing it to make me see it. He said it worked 90% of the time when customers were truly stuck. Maybe it can work with baby names?? DH and I didn't get that far, thankfully. We have finally settled on Dorah Kate.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ladyciel|1469027328|4057564 said:
Good luck amc!! I don't know how well this might work if you just can't decide what feels best, but I once had a vendor play a game with me when I couldn't pick between 2-3 things. He suddenly says "what if I said you have 5 seconds to pick, or you can't have ANY of them? 5...4...3..." Although fake (I hoped), the pressure made it suddenly clear which item I liked just a bit more than the others, and it took the threat of losing it to make me see it. He said it worked 90% of the time when customers were truly stuck. Maybe it can work with baby names?? DH and I didn't get that far, thankfully. We have finally settled on Dorah Kate.

I like that! The problem is we'd each shout out a different name.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I saw your post on Swistle! I voted for Hudson.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1469040764|4057637 said:
I saw your post on Swistle! I voted for Hudson.

Haha yay! I'm warming up to Hudson, especially after seeing how many people like it...not to mention it's leading the poll. It's the one that works best with both the middle and last names...and I think it sounds the best with Tucker and Barrett. BUT I really love Blake and Cooper. I think I'm moving to a place where if Hudson gets picked, I'm not going to be disappointed.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess said:
So, did you decide, amc?

We did! It was actually really fun to pick. I wrote down the three names on three index cards. DH shuffled them and we had B pick one, then he handed it to me without either of us looking. I taped it to the inside of a bakery box (bought a cheesecake for the occasion). I then opened the box and B spelled out the letters of the name, and that's how we found out. It feels awesome to have a name picked and we are both happy with it.

Cooper Jacob Chester is the name. Chester was supposed to be first, but it sounds better with the Jacob in there (Jacob was my grandpa's name, Chester was DH's grandpa).

April20

Ideal_Rock
Great name, AMC! I'm so glad you have it settled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1469723677|4060235 said:
monkeyprincess said:
So, did you decide, amc?

We did! It was actually really fun to pick. I wrote down the three names on three index cards. DH shuffled them and we had B pick one, then he handed it to me without either of us looking. I taped it to the inside of a bakery box (bought a cheesecake for the occasion). I then opened the box and B spelled out the letters of the name, and that's how we found out. It feels awesome to have a name picked and we are both happy with it.

Cooper Jacob Chester is the name. Chester was supposed to be first, but it sounds better with the Jacob in there (Jacob was my grandpa's name, Chester was DH's grandpa).

Hi, amc-I just happened to read this thread tonight. (Once you have named a child, I think the process of choosing a name never loses its fascination!). Big congratulations on the pregnancy and the choice of the name!

Deb :wavey:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1470022927|4061203 said:
amc80|1469723677|4060235 said:
monkeyprincess said:
So, did you decide, amc?

Hi, amc-I just happened to read this thread tonight. (Once you have named a child, I think the process of choosing a name never loses its fascination!). Big congratulations on the pregnancy and the choice of the name!

Deb :wavey:

Thank you!

careymariah

Rough_Rock
Choosing Baby names is the most difficult task for the parents . I also searched many sites for babies names . I liked the names Jennifer, Rosaline, Jenny, Emily, Isabella, Sophie for my little girl . Suggest between these names .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results