shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you Fage??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Huh, I just bought some fat-free farge today! TJ''s was using greek yougurt to make strawberry parfaits samples, and this was the only plain fat free greek yogurt they had.
Sounds like it''ll be perfect in my new favorite breakfast. Plain yogurt, strawberries or fresh strawberry juice, honey, and a sprinkle of granola. We got a juicer for a wedding present so I''ve been trying to find new ways to use it.
2.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love Fage!!! I eat the 0% with fruit and granola mixed in- YUMMO!!! I am going to try some of these other concoctions too though.....

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sad. I tried it and hated it. Sigh. I was so hopeful for a moment there.

*M*

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
poptart, did you try it with some of the mix-ins and the spenda? it''s too tart w/out other stuff mixed in IMO..

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 2:48:13 PM
Author: mrssalvo
poptart, did you try it with some of the mix-ins and the spenda? it''s too tart w/out other stuff mixed in IMO..
No, I didn''t try it with any mix ins... maybe some strawberries with a little bit of sugar or honey? I tried to find the kind that was like have fage and half honey, but they only had the plain kind. It was very, very tart, haha.

*M*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it with honey and some strawberry preserves.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 2:42:39 PM
Author: poptart
I am so sad. I tried it and hated it. Sigh. I was so hopeful for a moment there.

*M*

Me too!!! It tasted pasty. I guess I should try it with fruit or something.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 5:38:45 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 4/8/2007 2:42:39 PM
Author: poptart

*M*

Me too!!! It tasted pasty. I guess I should try it with fruit or something.
I don't like it plain either....yucky. But, once I add honey, it's great!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I don''t like it. I tried it, and I prefer regular plain yogurt. Maybe because I got 0% and I usually get lowfat yogurt? It tasted too sour even with the strawberries and honey.
25.gif
bleck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh alone it is absolutely GROSS to me...all sorts of tart and milky and blah. the 0% or the 2% both taste nasty to me without anything. i HAVE to have splenda in it...even with like 5 other mixins...it''s too tart without it. but some splenda and anything else...yummmm!!!! i am going to get 3-4 new ones tomorrow at WF.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I 'fage'd for the first time this morning. Not sure if I'm sold on it yet. Might have to do some different mixins or something. How much splenda do you guys use?

I had a cup of fage (0%) + 2 splenda packets + 1/3 cup TJ's maple pecan granola clusters for breakfast. Total cals 245. It was okay but not WOW!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate Fage plain...no good!

I don''t like it with splenda either...doesn''t do it for me. But I know others like it.

I love it with honey and bananas or fruit preserves. And the 0% doesn''t do it for me either. IMO, Fage needs a bit of fat.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love doing splenda (1.5 packets typically) with some low sugar jam (strawberry or raspberry or orange) and then some granola. it''s a yogurt parfait! whip up the yogurt REALLY good before adding the granola, it gets very light and fluffy. or add PB into it, yum. last time i think i did jam and PB and it was like a PB sandwich kinda thing. or chopped fresh strawberries and splenda, yum! it needs more sweetness in it for me than just the splenda typically.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...bananas...that sounds good. Actually bananas AND peanut butter sound good.
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 2:17:42 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Hmmmm...bananas...that sounds good. Actually bananas AND peanut butter sound good.
18.gif

i did a frozen banana and Peanut butter today with one packet of splenda..it was yummy!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ha. i just had such a funny experience. i think i''ve just become a fage dealer at work
9.gif

a couple of my co-workers have asked me about fage, because they see me eating it virtually everyday. I explain that it''s greek yogurt and absolutely fantastic. then, they want to know where they can get their hands on this stuff and i relate that it''s stocked at TJs and in my local grocery. I guess, however, that in DC it is not at giant or safeway, because someone just asked if i could bring some in for her. hee hee. i agreed, but would rather not have to make repeat deliveries, so does anyone know of any other retail locations in DC?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 2:13:37 PM
Author: Mara
i love doing splenda (1.5 packets typically) with some low sugar jam (strawberry or raspberry or orange) and then some granola. it''s a yogurt parfait! whip up the yogurt REALLY good before adding the granola, it gets very light and fluffy. or add PB into it, yum. last time i think i did jam and PB and it was like a PB sandwich kinda thing. or chopped fresh strawberries and splenda, yum! it needs more sweetness in it for me than just the splenda typically.
Good point Mara...for optimum Fage texture (I sound like some kind of kooky scientist here), whipping is KEY. That''s what makes it feel so rich and dessert-y.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I did it tonight, guys!!!! Holy Crap!!! That is good stuff! Even plain it wasn''t terrible...Kinda like eating sour cream. I made a kind of super high fat/high sugar version of Mara''s parfait. I ''whipped'' up the Fage, added some homemade whipped cream (leftover from Easter), stirred in some fab strawberries (from a local stand) that were macerated with sugar and topped it with about a quarter cup of Grape Nuts. Oh my, it was TASTY!!!! My daughter went bananas over it. She''s a four-year-old fager now...I guess I''ll be packing it for a preschool snack! I think I''ll skip the whipping cream so I don''t clog her precious little arteries.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol miranda and lulu...so funny. lulu i am not sure where they sell fage really since i have heard of some ''normal'' supermarket kind of stores carrying it too...so i don''t think it''s just specialty places in some states...?? maybe google it online? miranda, your concoction sounds YUM.

honestly there have been times when i whip it into a frenzy and when i add things like the Better nPB and the chocolate syrup and some granola and i think gosh this honestly tastes like a dessert! or when i did the chopped strawberries and crushed corn bran that one time and splenda, mmmm!!!!

i''m out and keep forgetting to go get some more, well actually i just havent had the time this week but i am sooo thinking about it daily! hopefully on thurs i can get some more!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I ate it again this morning...This can be a very bad addiction for me since I am lactose intolerant (with a milk allergy - I think). When DH gets home this afternoon after being gone for bus. since Sunday night and I have dark circles, a bloated tummy, and tremendous gas, I''ll blame PS! PS has been responsible for so much bad behaviour on my part. Ahhh, I long for the days when I thought 1 ct. was gigantic, I didn''t think $1,000 for a bag was reasonable, and I could live without yogurt...

lili

Ideal_Rock
I have yet to try this mix that my office mate said is yummy.

TJ''s real Lemon Curd.

She said it is really good when you drizzle it over fresh fruits like strawberries.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
oooh- I love Fage- I throw in some Kashi cereal w/ honey, sometimes just honey & vanilla extract.

All of this talk of Trader Joe''s is making me plan a trip! I will have to try the TJ brand and pick up some frozen berries!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 2:53:32 PM
Author: lovelylulu
ha. i just had such a funny experience. i think i''ve just become a fage dealer at work
9.gif

a couple of my co-workers have asked me about fage, because they see me eating it virtually everyday. I explain that it''s greek yogurt and absolutely fantastic. then, they want to know where they can get their hands on this stuff and i relate that it''s stocked at TJs and in my local grocery. I guess, however, that in DC it is not at giant or safeway, because someone just asked if i could bring some in for her. hee hee. i agreed, but would rather not have to make repeat deliveries, so does anyone know of any other retail locations in DC?

Hi LL!

Do you have a Kings or Whole Foods down there? I get my Fage at Kings...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hey dani!

how is the wedding planning coming? how much longer do you guys have?

i don''t think there is a kings here. fortunately, my local store carries the beloved fage, but my co-worker is having more trouble locating a source. i just might have to provide weekly yogurt installments for her
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 5:21:58 PM
Author: lovelylulu
hey dani!

how is the wedding planning coming? how much longer do you guys have?

i don''t think there is a kings here. fortunately, my local store carries the beloved fage, but my co-worker is having more trouble locating a source. i just might have to provide weekly yogurt installments for her
9.gif
Hi LL!!!

Our date (Sept 28th) is coming closer and closer...although, it does still seem like a long ways away....I have the major stuff done, but I have so many little things to do that I think that is what is going to kill me....Hope all is well with you and married life is treating you well !!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I bought it again and put splenda like Ms. Mara advised and it is good and filling. Thanks, much better
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:24:02 PM
Okay, I bought it again and put splenda like Ms. Mara advised and it is good and filling. Thanks, much better
35.gif
LOL Skippy...now you have to start with the add-ins!!! I am still out of Fage, but I think of it daily. Actually I am walking by Whole Foods later with Portia on my way back from picking her up, and if I can find a safe place to leave her for 2 minutes I am going to run in and get some and maybe have it for dinner!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:28:42 PM

35.gif
LOL Skippy...now you have to start with the add-ins!!! I am still out of Fage, but I think of it daily. Actually I am walking by Whole Foods later with Portia on my way back from picking her up, and if I can find a safe place to leave her for 2 minutes I am going to run in and get some and maybe have it for dinner!
People don''t bring their dogs into the grocery store up there? They do down here...Small ones...In strollers...Or in a purse. I really want to plop my 85 lb. dog in DD''s stroller and cruise through the store to see what kind of a reaction I''d get. i need to get to TJ''s tomorrow for more Fage, maybe I''ll take my pup.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 9:03:51 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 4/12/2007 8:28:42 PM

35.gif
People don''t bring their dogs into the grocery store up there? They do down here...Small ones...In strollers...Or in a purse. I really want to plop my 85 lb. dog in DD''s stroller and cruise through the store to see what kind of a reaction I''d get. i need to get to TJ''s tomorrow for more Fage, maybe I''ll take my pup.
31.gif
LOL...yeah sometimes they do bring them in bags, but they really aren''t allowed. I asked WF once and they said no, I guess it''s against the law to have a pet in any type of food facility...I guess it''s considered unsanitary? But the small dogs that fit in bags and stuff do get toted around. Unfortunately P is kind of in that middle of the road stage at 18 hefty muscled pounds so she doesn''t quite fit in a bag or anything and I think she''d freak out if I put her in one..hehee.

I ended up not stopping because I was still so full from my huge offsite lunch I had....and thought oh well I can just make a turkey wrap or salad tonite if I get hungry. But I am SOOO stocking up on Fage this wkd!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok - TOTALLY jazzed with a new way to eat the Fage.

Today, I was out of my sugar-free maple syrup, so I put in the requisite two splendas and then whipped in a spoonful of my sugar-free hot chocolate mix by Big Train......(
http://www17.netrition.com/big_train_hot_chocolate_mix_page.html)

HOLY COW.......it tasted like chocolate cheesecake! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

(Yes............I licked the container when I was done!!!!!!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results