shape
carat
color
clarity

Griffith Park Fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fortunately for us, no, at least not yet. I drove right through it on my way home about 30 minutes ago. It's HUGE! I could see the flames billowing from the USC campus (which is over 10 miles away). We haven't been evacuated--YET--but our grounds manager has been calling around telling us all to pack up our cars just in case...

The last one (in April) burned up to about 20 feet from our apartment building. For us, that one was way worse, but the scale of this one is exponentially larger!

Two fires in less than two months. Griffit Park can't catch a break!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
We''re not close enough, but I saw the red cloud driving home from school today and wondered what the heck it could be. I just hope they can contain it before it comes in contact with any homes, people or that beautiful observatory.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fortunately no, but the one on beverly glen earlier was a little more scary and close to us! eek!! It is *very* dry here right now. Very unsafe. Fi works at a plant where they have to worry about electric shock when it''s very dry. The humidifiers are going like crazy, but they still can''t get the air in the plant to safe levels.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results