shape
carat
color
clarity

girl moms - hair elastics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick question for the girlie moms...I am looking for little girl hair elastics that can hold fine hair. I know someone mentioned this once but don''t remember who it was or where. Can you let me know what you use to make ponytails that don''t slip?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i am not the one who mentioned the bands but i do have a suggestion. you can buy packages of clear bands of all sizes. the smallest ones, i believe they are used for making cornrows, are no bigger around than your finger tips. i have used these and they will work well with fine hair. they are quite inexpensive and probably come in dark colors also. i believe sally, target or walmart would have them.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~I bought a package at Walmart that had the clear little ties (like for cornrows) and they work great. Check in the baby section. That's where I found the ones I got. Tayva is very good about letting me mess with her hair, but you could also just cut them out with a baby fingernail clippers and toss them. They're cheap. Here's a link to some similar to the ones I bought: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10319772

lili

Ideal_Rock
I bought ones similiar to what Burk posted from Target.
I'd gladly give that pack of 300 to you because I
didn't get to use them as J is not as good as Tayva when it comes to me messing with her head.
I even had to fight her just to get the clips on.

Is A ok when you put the clips on her?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I''d actually avoid using the clear bands. Those can often times pull the hair, and girls with finer hair sometimes happen to be more tender headed so that really, really hurts.

The fatter or thicker the hair elastic/tie the easier it will slide. I suggest using thin material covered elastics. It will help ease any pulling on the hair, which will hurt. These can be found in the baby/child area as well.

Also, using a bit of Johnson and Johnson hair spray will help from the hair sliding out too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies for all your help. I did a search last night and could not find anything!!

lili, she will be fine for me to put on the clip as long as she is lying down.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Try looking for them in the baby section at Target.
I think that''s where I grabbed mine.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I got mine in the baby section as well. Tayva has had to have a few ponytail days already. Poor girl has terrible bed head!!
9.gif
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a fine haired blondie on my hands. When she was little the only thing that worked was the above mentioned clear (or colored) plastic bands. If you cut them out they won''t pull hair out. Just be sure you are careful not to get the hair tangled when twisting the elastic in. Target has them in the hair section. They are in a tiny box and made by Goody.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used the same clear one''s made by goody. i just cut them out. they are so cheap it wasn''t worth the tears of one did get twisted in with the hair. I found they were the only one''s that stayed put. the cloth covered one''s worked fine when my girls were older but not on baby hair at all.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Blax Snag-Free are the BEST on the planet. I use the 2mm ones on my daughter and the 4mm for myself (on ponytail days).

They come in clear, translucent brown and black.

http://www.beautysak.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=34

ETA: I've also found that using a little spray gel (I like Biolage for the little one) does wonders and tames fly-aways.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results