shape
carat
color
clarity

getting rid of stinky wet dog odor...HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
my (psycho) sister and her monster of a son visited for thanksgiving...oops wrong thread
emotion-39.gif

so she brought her two westies(who by the way were the most well-behaved dogs i''ve ever seen-wish i could say the same for her child) i digress, rough weekend, sorry! her pups stayed in my large laundry room with the door open blocked by a baby gate. that doorway opens up to a fairly large mudroom/entrance from garage area which there is a powder room near, then house is large and opens up to large, two story open family room, which has an open loft room(our toy loft), and then other direction opens to open dining room and around the bend is the kitchen. these areas are now permeated with wet dog and it seems like it''s working its'' way to the kids bedrooms via the open upstairs loft area UGH...if i didn''t detest my sister so much, would it make a difference? probaby not but we are in a brand new house, our "dream" house if you will and i scrubbed as soon as they left this morning, dh opened the laundry room windows and let the very cold michigan air in, and still it STINKS...
what should i do? i am very smell sensitive, the kids aren''t seeming to notice it as much. i know febreeze is for fabric, what else is there? i have a plug-in in the mudroom and one in the powder room but it sort of makes it smell stinky dog/fruity(not a pretty combo imo)...
ok, thanks...

one thing the weekend did show me was that i MUST MUST MUST continue to work on setting emotional boundaries with others, particularly family members. my hubby was sooo great the last few days(dh works like a dog and bless his heart, this devil child wreaked havoc on our home for three days) and he was so supportive of ME. i am grateful for that and also grateful that i have a brain in my head, unlike my sister who is an IDIOT

ok, thanks for letting me cyber vent. hope y''all had a great turkey day and grabbed some great bargains since..

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get some of the enzyme cleaner that is meant to take away pee odor (like Nature''s Miracle) and use that to clean. It gets out all animal odors not just pee IMO.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
thank you neatfreak-where do i purchase it? at a grocery? wa-mart? hardward store? thank you sooo much!!!
emsmile.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 9:49:23 PM
Author: snowflakeluvr
thank you neatfreak-where do i purchase it? at a grocery? wa-mart? hardward store? thank you sooo much!!!
emsmile.gif

All of the above? Many of the listed places have it, but not all. You can certainly get it at a pet store, but usually Wal-Mart and Target have it too. And some grocery stores and hardware stores depending on how big their pet section is. It''s a common thing.

jbazz

Rough_Rock
I never could take the smell of the enzyme cleaner mixed with the urine/dog smell. I really hate that smell.

For me, I always scrubbed with baking soda and it seemed to do fine.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 9:59:04 PM
Author: jbazz
I never could take the smell of the enzyme cleaner mixed with the urine/dog smell. I really hate that smell.

Really? The cleaners we''ve used seem to knock the urine scent right out.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Enzyme cleaners work great and use a powder carpet cleaner (for pets) if you have carpets. Let it sit and vacuum after about 10 minutes or so. Pet dander goes away so don''t worry about it too much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2008 7:50:05 AM
Author: beach
Enzyme cleaners work great and use a powder carpet cleaner (for pets) if you have carpets. Let it sit and vacuum after about 10 minutes or so. Pet dander goes away so don''t worry about it too much.
I agree.

jbazz

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 10:12:04 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 11/29/2008 9:59:04 PM

Author: jbazz

Really? The cleaners we''ve used seem to knock the urine scent right out.

yeah, it always give that very distinct kennel smell. I guess it is just a personal thing, but I cannot stand it.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
They do make some Febreeze that works in the air too...I also find the plug in thingies work well for me...trouble for me is finding smells I can tolerate outside of the store...they always sell so much better in the store

Since you said you cleaned...hopefully the odor will dissipate soon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results