shape
carat
color
clarity

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mentioned my step-mom's easy peanut butter fudge in the WWT and felt too guilty posting a non-healthy recipe there. So, for those of you interested, here is a version of the recipe. She didn't email me back with hers for some reason so I tried to hunt one down. I remember her's being super easy and using the microwave instead of the stove. I made this tonight b/c i've been craving it and it was really smooth and yummy..

ETA: well i just got an email from my stepmom with her recipe and it is one in the same.....too funny...

1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar

Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recipe, MrsSalvo. This sounds easier than my recipe and has real PB instead of PB chips. I will have to try it. I won''t hold you responsible if I put on a pound from indulging. Tee hee.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you wonderful Mrs. Salvo!! It looks delic!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, a tasty tidbit tucked away amongst all the other threads. mrss., next time put stuff like this in capitolized, bold print, will ya?? I coulda missed this.
grins-xmas.gif
2.gif

And thankies, super easy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gawd....sounds divine!!! I shall definitely be making this, thanks MrsSalvo!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 9:35:48 AM
Author: Lorelei
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Indeed.

I''m convinced my youngest was peanut butter in another life. He''s gonna go nuts to have such an easy fix.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you gals are too funny. it really doesn''t get any easier to make though and I must admit it is quite tasty. I''m going to have to take a bunch somewhere today though b/c i just keep going and taking little pieces and b/f I know it half the pan will be gone
32.gif
. please let me know if any of you do make it and how it turned out for you...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2007 9:47:33 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 12/12/2007 9:35:48 AM
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Indeed.

I''m convinced my youngest was peanut butter in another life. He''s gonna go nuts to have such an easy fix.
9.gif
ROFL!! * wipes eyes*

I will definitely let you know how it turns out when I make a batch MrsSalvo!

giggle2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 12:17:32 PM

ROFL!! * wipes eyes*

9.gif

What did I tell ya?? I was on here and my son came up and sat down to talk to me. So I said, Andrew, look at this, and showed him the recipe. He immediately printed it out, and went upstairs to make it. I came up to check on things and he said to tell Mrs. Smith it better be good!
lol.gif
2.gif

I licked the spoon, and it IS
18.gif
And creamy too.
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 8:35:03 PM

ROFL!! * wipes eyes*

9.gif

What did I tell ya?? I was on here and my son came up and sat down to talk to me. So I said, Andrew, look at this, and showed him the recipe. He immediately printed it out, and went upstairs to make it. I came up to check on things and he said to tell Mrs. Smith it better be good!
lol.gif
2.gif

18.gif
And creamy too.
5.gif
That is cute Ellen.
I bet doing half chocolate half PB would be scrumptious!!
18.gif
Maybe I will be the guinea pig for that. hehee

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 8:38:29 PM
Author: Skippy123

That is cute Ellen.
18.gif
I bet it would too.

Chop chop woman!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 8:48:43 PM

That is cute Ellen.

18.gif
I bet it would too.

Chop chop woman!
9.gif

ooo, yes, please do...i was just thinking how mixing somem chocolate in there somehow would be yummy too...

ellen, tell your son mrssMITH hopes he loves it. i think i ate a quarter of the batch today alone...i''ll blame it on the pregnancy cravy and babys needed the protein from the peanut butter
41.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yummmmmm, PB fudge! My aunt sends me about two lbs. of her homemade pb fudge every Christmas and selfishly I hide about half of it from DH so I can have that half all to myself, he hasn''t caught on in 5 years now! LOL! I hide it in the back of the fridge behind lots of other things (because you know, men don''t move things around, if they can''t see it they can''t find it) and I can usually make it last until almost February.

Thanks for posting the microwave friendly recipe, Mrs.S! I''ll have to try it and compare just in case my auntie stops sending me hers for some reason!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date: 12/12/2007 8:35:03 PM

ROFL!! * wipes eyes*

9.gif

lol.gif
2.gif

18.gif
And creamy too.
5.gif
That is cute Ellen.
18.gif
OMG STOP!!!! I am crying my eyes out over here!!! ROF!!!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 10:48:05 PM
Author: monarch64
Oh, yummmmmm, PB fudge! My aunt sends me about two lbs. of her homemade pb fudge every Christmas and selfishly I hide about half of it from DH so I can have that half all to myself, he hasn''t caught on in 5 years now! LOL! I hide it in the back of the fridge behind lots of other things (because you know, men don''t move things around, if they can''t see it they can''t find it) and I can usually make it last until almost February.

Thanks for posting the microwave friendly recipe, Mrs.S! I''ll have to try it and compare just in case my auntie stops sending me hers for some reason!
36.gif

monnie, i totally had to laugh about hiding it in the fridge. B/c you are sooooo right, men never move anything around. my hubby is always asking me where stuff is in there b/c he can''t find it and i''ll move one thing and there it sits....

please let me know if you make it and how it compares. i wouldn''t mind a real stove top version to try either, if it''s yummy...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ellen,

what did your son think of the fudge?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 10:16:11 AM
Author: mrssalvo
ellen,

what did your son think of the fudge?
Believe it or not, the peanut butter fiend did not touch it yet! It was chilling last night, but I thought for sure he''d snatch a piece before school this morning. He didn''t.
yikes2.gif

I just cut it up to put in a tin. It is SOOOO good. It just melts in your mouth, not your typical fudge consistency. And the flavor is perfect, on the subtle side, but just right....
18.gif

One thing I had trouble with, was trying to cut it cold, it was breaking up (and yes, I ate every little broken scrap, lol), so I let it warm up a bit and problem solved.

Thanks again, this is definitely a keeper. And so darn easy.

TOO easy.
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Put it in a BIG bowl when microwaving!! I nearly had a boil-over!!

It''s chilling now and I''m so excited to try it.

I''ve decided that next time I''m going to add some butterscotch chips.

Can''t believe I can have fudge made in 5 minutes!!

Thanks MrsS.
2.gif

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
I am going to try this tonight!

I think the best way to add chocolate, might be as a drizzle on top. It would look fancy too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
He LOVES it. Too good I believe he said.
9.gif

It is....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, I was skeptical. I thought this may be a nice treat, but certainly not FUDGE. However, it sounded vaguely familiar, so I decided to try it. (I actually just figured out that it's Alton Brown's recipe, and he's never steered me wrong.)

It's delightfully peanut buttery goodness. MMMMMM!!!

I've never used a recipe that didn't call for brown sugar or maple syrup or milk or condensed milk-all those normal fudge things. I will never make PB fudge the Old way again. I love this stuff. While I was cutting it up to tin it, I realized I ate 6 pieces.
40.gif

Thanks MrsS. I'll follow you anywhere!
36.gif

ETA- I didn't grease my pan because I've never heard of doing that for fudge, but every piece cut smoothly and came out easily.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS --
The recipe sounds yummy, though I have to admit that just looking at the ingredient made me feel like my arteries are clogging up
9.gif

Anyway, question. Any particular type of PB that we can use?
Creamy or chunky?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 6:47:39 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I have to admit, I was skeptical. I thought this may be a nice treat, but certainly not FUDGE. However, it sounded vaguely familiar, so I decided to try it. (I actually just figured out that it''s Alton Brown''s recipe, and he''s never steered me wrong.)

It''s delightfully peanut buttery goodness. MMMMMM!!!

I''ve never used a recipe that didn''t call for brown sugar or maple syrup or milk or condensed milk-all those normal fudge things. I will never make PB fudge the Old way again. I love this stuff. While I was cutting it up to tin it, I realized I ate 6 pieces.
40.gif

Thanks MrsS. I''ll follow you anywhere!
36.gif

ETA- I didn''t grease my pan because I''ve never heard of doing that for fudge, but every piece cut smoothly and came out easily.
Yep. And that''s why this is so creamy, it''s the powdered sugar. Every other recipe calls for some kind of granulated sugar.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 6:54:19 PM
Author: lili
MrsS --
The recipe sounds yummy, though I have to admit that just looking at the ingredient made me feel like my arteries are clogging up
9.gif

Anyway, question. Any particular type of PB that we can use?
Creamy or chunky?
Use creamy.
28.gif

And it's xmas, no talk of clogged arteries!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m so glad you all are liking it...my stepmom makes a ton of christmas cookies and fudge every year and puts them on a huge serving platter for us to nibble when we open presents. I always eat a ton of that fudge and i was so surprised how easy the recipe is too and i really like how creamy it turns out.

lili, i agree with ellen and suggest the creamy PB.

somethingshiny- you''re right about it being Alton Brown''s recipe, i wonder if my stepmom knows that
3.gif
...the butterscotch chips sound yummy too!!!

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
This recipe sounds really yummy and easy! I''m assuming you use regular salted peanut butter, but what about the butter? Thanks, I''d love to make this!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 12:29:09 AM
Author: CaliCushion
This recipe sounds really yummy and easy! I''m assuming you use regular salted peanut butter, but what about the butter? Thanks, I''d love to make this!

i used reg. salted peanut butter and the salted butter...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe..I told Hubby about MrsSMITH''S easy peanut butter fudge recipe and he is all excited!
3.gif
So I am going to make a batch this weekend once I get some creamy PB, I will let you know how it goes!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
My husband would love this. When I think of fudge I think chocolate so when I read the recipe I thought something was missing
41.gif
I guess I could add chocolate to it. Can PB be substituted with sunflower butter? Would it even work? Guess I should try it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results