shape
carat
color
clarity

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Late update:

We''re having a bake sale at school tomorrow, so I finally got an excuse to try out this recipe after drooling over it for months. I''m crazy about fudge, so I knew if I made this just for fun, I''d end up eating the whole pan on my own.... Anyways, I tried it without the vanilla cuz I was just too lazy to look for it, and it still tastes AWESOME. Too bad my BF watched me while I made it and refused to even try it because of the ingredients!
I believe he compared it to "drinking baby oil in a tumbler."
18.gif
If baby oil tasted this good, I''d be stocking up on it big time
2.gif

Thanks Mrs. S!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2008 3:13:38 AM
Author: onvacation
Late update:

We''re having a bake sale at school tomorrow, so I finally got an excuse to try out this recipe after drooling over it for months. I''m crazy about fudge, so I knew if I made this just for fun, I''d end up eating the whole pan on my own.... Anyways, I tried it without the vanilla cuz I was just too lazy to look for it, and it still tastes AWESOME. Too bad my BF watched me while I made it and refused to even try it because of the ingredients!
I believe he compared it to ''drinking baby oil in a tumbler.''
18.gif
If baby oil tasted this good, I''d be stocking up on it big time
2.gif

Thanks Mrs. S!!!
What?! I don''t know anyone whose ever DONE THAT! *eyes the left, eyes the right...whew coast is clear.* Your BF doesn''t know what he''s missing....but that just means more for you. I mean, your students/faculty/etc. Ahem.
11.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I made two batches, split it into about 20 bags, and they sold out in less than half an hour. I had samples out, and pretty much anyone who tried it got a bag!

I put some of them into heart-shaped molds, and the first batch came out really easily because I used cooking spray. The second time around I got cocky and didn''t spray them. After all, they should have more than enough butter and peanut butter in it already, no? Apparently, NO. They wouldn''t budge even after a hot water bath. I had to go around the edges with a knife and throw them on the kitchen counter to get them out. I ended up breaking one of the hearts. Three guesses who ate those pieces?
11.gif

Date: 2/13/2008 3:21:04 AM
Author: monarch64
What?! I don''t know anyone whose ever DONE THAT! *eyes the left, eyes the right...whew coast is clear.* Your BF doesn''t know what he''s missing....but that just means more for you. I mean, your students/faculty/etc. Ahem.
11.gif
Monarch, it most certainly is possible to eat a whole pan of fudge and not be sick! Although, the last time I tried I was a teenager with a scary metabolism. Hmmm, maybe I should go make another batch, just for experiment''s sake! Wanna join me? I need an accomplice
10.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
18.gif
23.gif
18.gif

ok, my husband usually loves PB stuff (namely, reece's cups - wait, how do you spell that?) anyway i thought this would make for a nice vday gift. i just got around to having the time to do it and i happened to call him first. he said he was on his way home, about 10-15 minutes away. well i got crackin' thinking for sure he would catch me in the act but he was walking up the drive just as i shoved it in the fridge!!! 'easy' is an understatement!

but the
23.gif
face is because i, of course, had to *ahem* sample it as i was putting it into the pan and DEAR GOD IT IS HEAVENLY!!!!

i have a brownie i make with a chocolate ganache topping and it would be delicious on top of this (i didn't have the cream so i couldn't try it this time).

THANK YOU MRSSALVO for a great recipe that is sure to make for a great vday gift from the heart (and straight to the heart, considering what is in it
2.gif
)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m so glad you ladies are enjoying it. I haven''t made it since I started this thread...but now i''ve got a sudden craving. will definitely have to make some tomorrow!!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 4:40:20 PM
Author: rainydaze
23.gif
18.gif
23.gif
18.gif

ok, my husband usually loves PB stuff (namely, reece''s cups - wait, how do you spell that?) anyway i thought this would make for a nice vday gift. i just got around to having the time to do it and i happened to call him first. he said he was on his way home, about 10-15 minutes away. well i got crackin'' thinking for sure he would catch me in the act but he was walking up the drive just as i shoved it in the fridge!!! ''easy'' is an understatement!

but the
23.gif
face is because i, of course, had to *ahem* sample it as i was putting it into the pan and DEAR GOD IT IS HEAVENLY!!!!

i have a brownie i make with a chocolate ganache topping and it would be delicious on top of this (i didn''t have the cream so i couldn''t try it this time).

THANK YOU MRSSALVO for a great recipe that is sure to make for a great vday gift from the heart (and straight to the heart, considering what is in it
2.gif
)
Lol, rainydaze, good thing your hubbie didn''t see you make it like my FI did! Did he like it? Is there any left??
3.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I made this yesterday as a Valentine''s Day treat for my sweetie. I drizzled the top w/ melted chocolate truffles. THEY ARE DIVINE. Unfortunately, he only ate 1 small piece...and I ate about 5.
39.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2008 3:47:41 PM
Author: onvacation
I made two batches, split it into about 20 bags, and they sold out in less than half an hour. I had samples out, and pretty much anyone who tried it got a bag!

I put some of them into heart-shaped molds, and the first batch came out really easily because I used cooking spray. The second time around I got cocky and didn''t spray them. After all, they should have more than enough butter and peanut butter in it already, no? Apparently, NO. They wouldn''t budge even after a hot water bath. I had to go around the edges with a knife and throw them on the kitchen counter to get them out. I ended up breaking one of the hearts. Three guesses who ate those pieces?
11.gif

Date: 2/13/2008 3:21:04 AM
Author: monarch64
11.gif
Monarch, it most certainly is possible to eat a whole pan of fudge and not be sick! Although, the last time I tried I was a teenager with a scary metabolism. Hmmm, maybe I should go make another batch, just for experiment''s sake! Wanna join me? I need an accomplice
10.gif
LOL! I would join you but I''m fresh out of peanut butter! Plus I fear that I really WOULD eat the whole pan...!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results