shape
carat
color
clarity

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my mother''s PB fudge recipe...it''s titled "quick peanut butter fudge" but my mother has a different idea of "quick" than I do.

***Quick Peanut Butter Fudge
3 C sugar
3 Tbsp butter (or oleo)
1 C evaporated milk (Milnot or Carnation)
1 C miniature marshmallows
1 12 oz. jar peanut butter (Creamy or Crunchy)
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
Combine sugar, butter and milk in large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil
over medium high heat. I stir often enough to keep it from sticking to bottom of
pan. Using a timer, boil for 5 minutes from beginning of good boil. Use
long-handled spoon for stirring this, or you will get burned by boiling mixture.
Stir constantly, to keep the center from burning. I stir slowly.
Remove from heat after 5 minutes, and add remaining ingredients. Stir in the
peanut butter, followed immediately by the marshmallows, salt and cream of
tartar, with vanilla at the end. Make sure it is all blended and then hurry and
spread it into the buttered pan. Cool in refrigerator and then cut into
squares. Not circles. Don''t forget to lick the spoon (and the pan).
Assemble and measure out ALL ingredients BEFORE you begin this recipe. It
goes so smoothly if you do that. I promise.
I use a 9 x 13" inch glass pan, but metal is all right. ***

1.gif
I asked my mom to email this recipe to me last night, her comments are silly aren''t they!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 7:44:13 PM
Author: monarch64

Here''s my mother''s PB fudge recipe...it''s titled ''quick peanut butter fudge'' but my mother has a different idea of ''quick'' than I do.

1.gif
I asked my mom to email this recipe to me last night, her comments are silly aren''t they!

Yes. I particularly like the bit about cutting it in squares, not circles.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 8:38:25 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 12/14/2007 7:44:13 PM

Author: monarch64

Here''s my mother''s PB fudge recipe...it''s titled ''quick peanut butter fudge'' but my mother has a different idea of ''quick'' than I do.

1.gif

9.gif

and not forgetting to lick the spoon
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 8:44:47 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 12/14/2007 8:38:25 PM
9.gif

and not forgetting to lick the spoon
18.gif
Like, who does that??!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
See, THAT is the classic-burn-your-arms-off peanut butter fudge recipe I''m used to. You know it''s done when you have shiny red blisters, just in time to be scaly for Christmas.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, have purchased creamy PB, one batch of fudge will be made sometime today....
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 10:16:25 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ok, have purchased creamy PB, one batch of fudge will be made sometime today....
31.gif
santinana.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2007 10:22:38 AM

31.gif
santinana.gif
Hehehe...I am hoping to get started on it in the next hour....
28.gif
Oh while I think of it, El is powdered sugar confectioners sugar or finer granulated?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock

31.gif
santinana.gif
The banana makes me want to make this then slice up bananas and bits of chocolate on top.

I''m baking this week, mrssalvo, thanks so much for posting this recipe!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2007 10:35:08 AM
Author: KimberlyH

31.gif
santinana.gif
The banana makes me want to make this then slice up bananas and bits of chocolate on top.

I''m baking this week, mrssalvo, thanks so much for posting this recipe!!!
What a good idea!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Made it yesterday and the whole family LOVED it....I believe Andrew''s reaction was this fudge is "Yuuuummmmmyyyyy"! I''m going to have to send the rest w/ Adam to work so I don''t eat it all. Thanks again for the recipe!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 10:25:19 AM

31.gif
santinana.gif

28.gif
Oh while I think of it, El is powdered sugar confectioners sugar or finer granulated?

Confectioners sugar is the same as powdered sugar. Also, if you see the term icing sugar, that''s the same thing, too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks somethingshiny!

The PB fudge is made and is chilling in the fridge, can''t wait!!!
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* update*

Fudge has been tasted and it is HEAVENLY!!!! I have never had such yummy fudge and Hubby is loving it too!

runaround1.gif
thankyou.gif
Thanks MrsSalvo!!!

trampo.gif
Hehehe...I can now click and drag thanks to Hubby helping me, he deserves his fudge!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy it turned out so well for you gals and your family''s like it. It really is so amazingly easy and such a yummy, creamy treat. I''ve got to remember to make it more often when we''re heading out to parties etc. Mine''s all gone, but i''m going to make another batch for our big family christmas....

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the recipe, mrssalvo. I made it and my fiance and parents loved it!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
This might be a silly question... but how much is ONE POUND of powdered sugar?! Do I just have to put it on my bathroom scale? I feel silly asking but I just don't know!

Quite obviously I am NOT a baker... I'm getting better with cooking, but baking still doesn't mesh well with me, so I need to keep trying with the easy recipes :)

ETA: And why wax paper? I'm learning here! Just so it comes up easily right?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
partyjewels, they usually sell it in a 16 oz box, which is 1 lb. i'm not sure what the weight is of the bags but you can adjust accordingly...you just need 16 oz's.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I keep telling myself not to open this thread..."look away from the easy peanut butter fudge"
11.gif

Alas, here I am and writing everything down. MrsS it sounds incredibly yummy and easy!! I''ve always made mine the old fashioned way with the mixture needing to cook to a certain temp and I ALWAYS screw it up!

I love peanut butter fudge and so does my family.....so thank you for posting this
35.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mrs. S! I was asking because I got all excited as we actually have all the ingredients I need to make this! (along with some chocolate bits to melt and drizzle over the top) But the bag of powdered sugar we have was a 2 lb bag, I wasn't sure how much was used... it looks like about half, and I'll admit I did stick it on the bathroom scale and it said 1 pound... I think it's worth a shot, it just seems like so much sugar! :D

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Also, for a quick measurement, One pound of powdered sugar is approx. 3.5 cups. (of course this varies depending on how packed it is, but when you''re not sure how much is left in your bag, it''ll do the trick.)

I have three batches requested for Christmas. Glad it''s so easy!!!!
2.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I did end up having enough, after dumping out the entire bag into the mixture HOPING that it was approximately the correct amount (it certainly tastes delicious!) I felt like a dunce seeing that it says right on the bag about how many cups it is
38.gif
But I felt much better after I ate some of the fudge :D Wonderful!

P.S. My mom happened to be over when I was in the mist of mixing, and so of course she had to try a piece when it was done, she too agreed that it was great and couldn't believe it was so simple to make. We both agreed that it would taste heavenly with some chocolate over the top, and maybe even a ready made graham cracker crust underneath it! YUM!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

28.gif
Lorelei, I never saw this, I''m sorry! Next time, yell at me to get my attention.

Isn''t it YUMMMMY????!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2007 9:12:01 AM

28.gif
Lorelei, I never saw this, I'm sorry! Next time, yell at me to get my attention.

Isn't it YUMMMMY????!!!
MOST DELICIOUS!!!!
snicker.gif
I have some chocolate flavour powdered sugar too, so next time I will be trying it with that...
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 9:19:12 AM

MOST DELICIOUS!!!!
snicker.gif
I have some chocolate flavour powdered sugar too, so next time I will be trying it with that...
41.gif
6.gif
Really? I''ve never heard of that. Could be most interesting..... *strokes chin*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2007 9:25:20 AM

Date: 12/19/2007 9:19:12 AM

MOST DELICIOUS!!!!
snicker.gif
41.gif
6.gif
Really? I''ve never heard of that. Could be most interesting..... *strokes chin*
I don''t know if it is a Brit thing, having flavoured powdered sugars seems to be a newish thing, but I thought it would be well worth a try on the EPBF!!
30.gif
30.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for posting the recipes & Happy Holidays Everyone!!
35.gif

... I just made a batch with some mini-chocy chips on top - BUT - i forgot the vanilla!!
39.gif
will it still taste ok?? the spoon tasted yummy...
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
alexah, my guess is you are probably ok without the vanilla, but i''m no baker. let us know how they taste or if you think something seems like it''s missing...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsSalvo, your PB fudge is great and so easy to make. Thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad you liked it marcy. I actually love just about any type of fudge, I''m just not skilled at making it which is why I love this easy recipe...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results