shape
carat
color
clarity

co-ed babyshower games?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I am helping to host by best friend's co-ed baby shower and I am wondering what games might be fun to play at the event.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Do guys even like playing games at a party?? Mine wouldn't. I think of baby shower games as a girly thing. Am I wrong?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I think you are correct on this one, but the mother-to-be has requested games.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...can you do games just for the women? We've been to a couple of showers with games and my FI usually just watches but not participates, as do the other men.

At my boss's baby shower, they played a game where the men were blindfolded and the women had to feed them a jar of baby food to see who would finish first. And another game where the men had to drink out of a bottle, again to see who would finish first.

Other than that, I would probably just let the guys drink beer in a corner while the women grin and bear it for the mom to be :twirl:

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I've also heard of the men racing to see who can change a diaper on a babydoll the fastest. I know my dh would hate to have to do games though...

cara

Ideal_Rock
We had guess the baby food. And a board for name suggestions. And the usual onsie painting. (Guys were good at that - we got some funny ones!) Nothing too crazy.

Sabine said:
I've also heard of the men racing to see who can change a diaper on a babydoll the fastest. I know my dh would hate to have to do games though...

A twist to this game would be for the guy to link arms with a girl so that each person would only be able to use one arm and together change the baby's diaper on a babydoll or stuff animal.

At all of the co-ed baby showers I've been to, the guys seem to have the most fun when there were games, instead of just sitting around and chatting.

Other games was to do a questionnaire about who knows mom and dad the best - do this while guests were eating or sitting around.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
There was a nice game at my shower called, 'What Features will Baby have?" (I think). All the guests have a sheet of paper with a table on it. The table is divided into two columns - Mom ,and Dad. At the left of the column is a list of different features on it - like nose, mouth, eyes, etc, The parents have to jointly complete the list by checking the 'Mom' or 'Dad' box if they want their child to have that particular feature. Like 'nose' - Mom. 'Chin' - Dad. The guests have to fill it out too. The guest who comes closest to the parents' list wins.

It was a nice game...although I played it by myself with the guests, since DH was outside lurking the whole time.... :rolleyes: :angryfire:

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I find it a bit sad to read about men who wouldn't participate! I had two co-ed showers and my brother and SIL had one too, and the men had fun too. We played guessing the baby food (three guesses why I never gave J that stuff... :knockout: ), who changed the diaper off a doll the quickest, everyone brought a picture of themselves as a baby and we had to guess who it was, and we also did the clothing pin game where you're not allowed to say "baby" or "diaper", otherwise you lose your pin and the person with the most pins at the end of the shower wins. Oh, and at my showers they had people guess the size of my belly, and there was a pool for the gender, weight and date of birth.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
The only game that was played at my all ladies shower was gift bingo. My mom printed the bingo cards off the internet, and as I opened my gifts the guests would mark off what I got. Whoever got bingo first won a small prize.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Our big hit at my shower was to blow up balloons and the guys had to stuff the balloon under their shirt to make a pregnant belly and they then had to race to see who could put on their shoes the fastest......it was hilarious and all the guys participated and had fun. I might have pictures somewhere....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results