shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
And one last one on a cool day. We all really enjoyed ourselves. Miss Lily didn''t love lobster but she''s a fried clam addict now--go figure!! Thanks for letting me be self indulgent. I''ll be back soon!!

lilybeach4.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
And since I''m feeling daring, here''s my 25 week belly pic taken yesterday. Excuse the attire, I had just gone to the gym and was pretending I''m still a skinny girl! I''m sure I scared people there but I was too hot to care!
3.gif

25weekbelly2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG...Curly....you and Lily are TOO CUTE!!! You look wonderful, and Lily is such a doll....Glad you are doing well!!!!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly you look terrific, and are very pretty!!! Lily is soooo cute, glad she enjoyed the beach!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

LIA – I don’t know how I missed your post about your baby’s sex. Congrats on a baby boy!!!

Tacori – Yay on the new SUV!!! I drive a SUV and I can’t imagine going back to driving a car. We got the SUV in anticipation of us having kids. I’m glad you were able to get on the regular BC pills.

Burk – I’m glad the weather is getting better for you. The weather is just so crazy everywhere lately. Take it easy cleaning up.

regalada – It’s great to hear from you, and it’s awesome that you made it through 37 weeks in bedrest. Like you, I’ve been told that we are going to need all the help we can get. I am sure it’s going to be overwhelming at first, but many couples get through it without help. So I think you will be fine. =)

NF – Congrats on the great u/s!!!

Curly – Love the pic of you and Lily. You look like you are having so much fun. And your 25 wks belly is so tiny.

Everyday when I get into work, my co-worker tells me that I grew exponentially. My belly is definitely getting bigger everyday, though not exponentially. hehe. Baby needs to grow.

This is kind of funny. I went to Old Navy to look at maternity clothes, not that I have that much longer to go, but I feel like I need more tanks/tops for the summer since it’s getting hotter. I got like a bunch of tops and dresses to try on. As the girl took the clothes from me in the dressing room, she complimented how she loves one of the dresses. I just smiled. She hung the clothes up in the room and noted that the tags say maternity. She was about to tell me that I got maternity clothes as she turned back around. Then she stopped herself and said, “Oh I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you were pregnant when you were holding the clothes in front of you.” So I guess my face, arms and legs don’t look pregnant. Just my big-O belly.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, Lily is so cute! Love her bathing suit!

Q, I bet that made your day! I think you are all belly too. I didn''t have any problems on the mini pill but obviously regular pill is more effective. So I am pleased about that. I did have fun driving around in my new car today.
1.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Wow, 300 pages!

Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences re C sections scars. I know I am vain to worry about a scar only DH and I will ever see, but that’s just the way I am.

2.gif
(I am delusional enough to think my tummy will be tight & flat again some day.) I will have to have a little chat with my OB and definitely discuss sutures versus staples (yuk). Dani, I have very pale white skin. I have 1 knee surgery scar that is barely visible and one that formed a ¼” thick raised line, so I know the surgeon’s skill in closing makes a difference with my skin.

Burk, the storms have been so scary (I have family in Indiana). Glad you are ok. Miss T looks fab with her sweet potatoes.

Jas12, Co is so adorable and I just love his cow print diaper. How are you doing with the cloth diapers? That sounds like a scary moment at the restaurant.

LIA, welcome back and congrats on your little boy!

36.gif
You know you have to post belly pics if they were taken in Hawaii.
10.gif

Lili, sounds like Jade is really growing. Those vaccines do not sound like fun.

Tacori, congrats on the new car!

Lisa, that is not a pretty stroller pic. Scary.

Regalada, it sounds like you have had a rough 3 months. At least you are nearing the home stretch! I love the name Isabelle – can’t wait to see pics of her. I’ve been warned I might be put on bedrest in the third trimester, so I am rushing to get things done now. I don’t think I would bring any relatives in because I think it would drive me crazy to have someone else in the house all the time. I know from experience that I get tired of my relatives visiting after a few days, and I think it would stress me out even if they are here to try to help.

Neatfreak, I couldn’t help but laugh at your description of the “squished” twin. Glad to hear the u/s went well.

Curly, I love the beach pics. Lily is so cute in her swimsuit. You look great.

Qtiekiki, that’s great the salesgirl didn’t think you looked preggo. You are definitely all belly.

I made my first attempt at registering this weekend. DH had a friend in town, so I went by myself to Target and BRU. I was completely overwhelmed. I read Baby Bargains, so I know their top picks in each category, but I wonder what we really need. For instance, do we need a swing, a bouncer, an exersaucer and a mat gym, or isn’t there some redundancy there? As far as necessities, I want to stock up on what we need for the first 8 weeks in case I do have to go on bed rest (trying to give DH a list of things to buy by himself is likely to lead to disaster). I know we will need furniture (crib & dresser/changing table), a car seat, a stroller, a playard, a changing pad, lots of diapers, baby shampoo/body wash, tub, wash cloths and hooded towels, hair brush, nail clippers, thermometer, footed sleepers, sleep sacks, t-shirts, caps and a Bundle Me. I assume I should also get some A&D ointment and/or Butt Paste. What am I missing?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
NF: so glad you got to see the babies on u/s today! it is AMAZING how much they change and so quickly!

QT: i''m jealous that you only look preggo from the front. i feel like i''m huge everywhere already!! what a great compliment from the ON lady. :)

Curly: oooh, she is just so adorable. um, and she obviously gets it from her mom!! you look amazing. thanks for posting the belly shot.

Kay: i wish i could help more on the baby-essentials list... didn''t tacori post a really good list a while back?? i''ll anxiously be waiting to hear what everyone says. i hope you don''t have to go on bedrest!

regalada: welcome back! congrats on being off the bed rest. must feel funny to be up and around after so long. good luck with everything. :)

nothing to report here. had a LONG day at work. thank goodness for support stockings (which are oh-so-sexy!). going home soon, but i know it will be lonely to be alone and without dh. we were together for 10 days straight! a first since our honeymoon last june!! oh well...only TWO MORE WEEKS!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay,

DO NOT REGISTER AT TARGET!!!!! They will not let you return anything even off a registry w/o a receipt. Not worth it when BRU has everything you need.

I have a must have list on here that I know has helped some of the mommies to be. We have a swing, a bouncer, an exersaucer and a mat gym and use(d) them ALL. Swing is a MUST! You cannot use the exersaucer until 4 months so you can buy it later. She started using her play mat at 5 weeks. I was going to put it in storage but I put it on the ground and she crawled right in there and started playing with it. So I do think it was a great purchase!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 8:36:48 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Kay,

DO NOT REGISTER AT TARGET!!!!! They will not let you return anything even off a registry w/o a receipt. Not worth it when BRU has everything you need.

I have a must have list on here that I know has helped some of the mommies to be. We have a swing, a bouncer, an exersaucer and a mat gym and use(d) them ALL. Swing is a MUST! You cannot use the exersaucer until 4 months so you can buy it later. She started using her play mat at 5 weeks. I was going to put it in storage but I put it on the ground and she crawled right in there and started playing with it. So I do think it was a great purchase!
I remember seeing your list a while ago -- I''ll go back and check it out. Don''t worry, I already decided not to register at Target. The selection at BRU is so much better. I may just register for a breast pump at Target (for me to purchase) since they have the completion discount and those pumps are expensive. I''m also thinking about registering at Bed, Bath & Beyond (love those 20% off coupons) and/or Amazon (great prices & free shipping).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay, BRU has a completion discount too.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
can''t believe i''m doing this!!!
18 week shot. one week ago, and i swear i''m 2 inches bigger already!!!

tj18wks.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 10:04:38 PM
Oh cool -- I didn''t see that advertised on their website. Do you know how much the discount is?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
LIA, great pic. You still look tiny.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 10:04:38 PM

10%

Lia, you are tiny! All belly girl!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
regal, I can't imagine being on bed rest that long. Congrats on making it to 37 weeks! You're almost there!

NF, yay for a great u/s! I was very relieved at 12 weeks too. I really enjoyed my 13 week u/s because it really started looking like a baby we could see the baby's whole body. It's amazing how fast they change!

LIA, you look great! Tiny! Good luck on your move!

curly, lily is co cute! You look great! All belly!

Tacori's helpful list can be found here. Thanks Tacori! It's very helpful!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...i know i sound like a broken record, but this thread is just way too fast for me :)

LIA: Yay on team blue :)and wat belly r u talking about?

Tacori: congrats on the SUV..i LOVE having an SUV coz its just SO easy to put little k in his seat and his stroller and everything in the trunk!!

Curly: lily is adorable!! and ur tiny woman!! i have a question for u since Lily and little K are about the same age...how did u transition ur daughter from eating pureed food to solids? (i was so impressed when i read in a previous thread that she had kebabs on her 1st bday!!)...i am suffering with little K as he loves to eat, but REFUSES anything with texture
7.gif
..ive tried everything but he just continues to gag
7.gif
...hes progresses a bit now (can manage to eat a small piece of biscuit, a piece of fruit, tinsy winsy insy piece of chicken, a small bite of watermelon...but thats about it! and it took us about 4 months to get to this level too!!!!

Regalada: congrats on getting to the 37 week mark!! not much left to go :)

sorry for not addressing everyone else individually, i need to go back a few pages and start replying! he he

meanwhile, here are a few pics of little K for ur viewing pleasure =D..i love this guy..everyday he has a ''new'' move or a new thought or a new sound..its absolutely hilarious!!

babyk1.JPG

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
i liked Tacori''s idea of feeding tessa in pampers only and tried it out with little K..he loved walking around half naked!

babyK2.JPG

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
he was playing with the balls and all of a sudden phased out when he saw something on TV...can''t recall wat it was but it sure grabbed his attn!!

thats it for now :) thanks for indulging me...

babyk3.JPG

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Curly: OH I love your pics!! Lily is adorable (I love Maine) and you really are brave posting those cute belly shots!! I need to get brave, but hmm, I''m still too shy to show my belly on the world wide web. You''re making me think about it though! :)) You look great, it''s literally all belly and the rest of you is skinny minny!

Kay: Registering is overwhelming, I also did it all on my own and read that Baby Bargains book like the bible before venturing into BRU. I''m done now, and now am proud of my registry and keep looking at it! How I handled it is I started off with a master list of everything I thought I needed (a word document I kept at work). Everytime I heard of something new I added to it...OR if I heard of some item being redundant/useless, took it off. Then I browsed BRU once .. which was too overwhelming so left with not one item registered. Then I read Baby Bargains and tried again..zapping away. THEN, I started editing everything on line...some things came off, others were added. I''d pop into BRU if I needed to visually see something only. Then I cross checked to my word document and Baby Bargains. Took a solid 2 weeks, but at least I know everything I will need. Oh and I didnd''t register for any clothes since I hear a lot just shows up at the shower..so that helped me stay saner. For me, I decided to build the nursery myself (crib, bedding, changing table) as well as purchase the stroller. Then I will wait for my shower and buy everything else. I bought my bedding at Pott Barn Kids, but everything else is easier at BRU, so that''s the only place I registered. I decided on a bouncer and a travel swing. The gym mat--not sure what that is, but I put a Baby Einstein mat (same thing maybe?) on my registry and figure that''ll come out later on. Exersaucer I''m not doing. Hope that helps...you''ll get through it!

All: Things are good here, got my GD test tomorrow, hope I can stay away from sugar!
I do have some general questions for the experienced ladies out there: I''m hearing ladies on FF (preg circles) say that there is a SIDS risk with non-Naturepedic mattresses..is this true? I mean it seems like too much of a coincidence that these mattress are $400+?
Also, are baby bumpers an absolute no-no? I did buy one, but the baby won''t be in the crib till 3 months or later.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee, I enjoyed doing the list!

msb, little k is SOOOO cute! Love all his hair. Isn''t feeding in a diaper SO much easier? I don''t always do it but most the time. I tend to just do a bib (over onesie) with things that don''t stain (apples, pears, yogurt...) I do have to adjust parking the SUV. I am kind of nervous about it so I have been parking FAAAAAAAAAAAR away to make sure I don''t nick anyone''s car.

janine, I had a bumper (came with bedding set) and took it off at 4 months when we moved T into her crib. She was rolling by then. That night she got a leg stuck so I went back to BRU and bought a mesh bumper. Works great and is safer than the big puffy bumpers. You will want an exersaucer when the time comes. TRUST ME! It is seriously the best invention EVER.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 4:32:24 PM
Author: regalada

Did anyone decide to go at it alone and did not regret it?

On a happier note, did anyone bring an extra outfit for the baby’s first photo in addition to the coming home outfit? I’ve read that some people do that and been wondering if we should.
Me! Me! I knew I didn''t want help right away -- I wanted the first few weeks to be a bonding time between me, my hubby, and our babies. My MIL came a few days after we came home from the hospital anyway, and I hated having her here. Yes, she was helpful, but I didn''t want the help -- I wanted to do it myself, and we butted heads. Thankfully she was only here a few days. Then my Mom came, and that visit was HORRIBLE and very short-lived. Long story short, after those two bad visits, we did not have any help, and though it was hard, it was what we wanted. It''s a very emotional time for a new mom (and new dad, but he doesn''t have the hormones on top of everything else), and if you know now that your visit with your mom has the potential to not go well, then I say follow your instinct and keep her away until you''re more emotionally stable a few weeks PP (trust me on this one -- I wound up kicking my mother out of my house during that visit!). Yes, everyone and their mother will tell you to take all the help you can get, but I don''t think that everyone NEEDS or WANTS to have all that help! I didn''t.

I''m sorry to hear you''ve been on bedrest since March, but I''m glad that you''re been given the green light now! And our little Katelyn''s middle name is Isabelle, so I''m partial to it
21.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
msb, K is adorable!

Tacori, I missed your post about your early bday present. How exciting! Enjoy your new SUV!

janine, I read that padded bumpers aren't good when the baby can roll over or pull themselves up. Baby Bargains doesn't recommend you get a crib bumper so we aren't getting one. We don't want to risk it. If we end up needing one, we'll get the mesh bumper.

How do you feel about people touching your baby bump? This has been happening more frequently and I'm sure it'll continue as I get bigger. Before I was pregnant and when I wasn't showing, my thought was, "don't you dare touch my belly!!!" but now that I'm showing and I touch my belly so often, I don't mind it as long as 1) they aren't a stranger and 2) it doesn't last longer than a few seconds. Otherwise, stop touching me! How did/do you feel about it and did you ever say to anyone "I'd prefer if you didn't touch my belly"?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee, thanks! I love it! It''s the nicest car I have ever had. Only ONE stranger touched my bump and it was when I was overdue. It was a girl who worked at The Limited and surprisingly I didn''t really mind. I kind of minded her going on and on how she is so scared of L&D but whatever
20.gif
I think I give off a "don''t touch me" vibe. I would NEVER touch anyone''s belly OR baby.....OMG!!! Forgot to tell you guys. This random lady was all over T when I went to get her pictures taken (not the photographer, a customer). I was kind of uncomfortable but it was an older lady so I know she meant no harm...still....hands off people!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi all

busy day today, will post more later

Kay--cloth diapers are going okay. i am lazier than i thought and don''t like cleaning out the poopy ones, but other than that they are easy and Cohen seems to be comfy in them --they are SO soft inside. I still use disposable when we are out and about so i don''t have to carry soiled diapers everywhere. So i ''d say i am about 70/30% cloth and disposable.

-- i luv the belly shots, (Curly, looks like a fun day at the beach)--why is everyone uber gorgeous on this site?!

-- Just got back from the doc. she did some tests last appointment. Seems I have super high estrogen levels which in turn causes insomnia
15.gif
--she told me that the issue would probably exist as long as I continue to BF as that is what causes the levels to remain high (or something like that). I am really not ready to wean--i just got over the sore nipples and i luv that time we have together so i am going to keep plugging away at it until i really really can''t take it anymore (i know that''s not healthy, but i am so stubborn) i planned to BF for a year, but my new goal is 6 months and i''ll just take it one week at a time. I figure i can;t look much worse than i do now ( anyone know of a good concealer for dark circles under the eyes
5.gif
and i am somehow functioning each day so how much worse can it get?
I feel better to know it is not just me (my doc had the same thing with her 4 kids--said she would go sometime 5 days with no sleep! My record is 3 in a row) I;ve also decided to see a PP therapist b/c i know i do have some anxiety as well, which would only add to the problem, so i may as well work on that. Just thought i would share, since it may help someone else out down the road.

Hope the preggies are feeling well

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12, I wish there was something I could do to help you! At least you have an answer and I am sure a therapist would help as well. 6 months is a great goal (that was mine too). But don''t beat yourself up if you decide to ween earlier.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jas - I''m so so sorry that you''re still struggling to find sleep. Honestly, hang in there and take it one week at a time (like you said). I''m sure your story will help others in the future, so thank you for sharing. If you are serious about under eye concealer, I swear by my Yves St. Laurent highlighter. http://www.amazon.com/Yves-Saint-Laurent-Radiant-Highlighter/dp/B00024Y2SK

In other news, I''m having my first u/s tomorrow. I''ll be 7wks2days. Stay tuned ;-)

I''m so excited!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mela, good luck tomorrow!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results