Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Curly congrats!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
curlygirl -- Congratulations
emstar.gif
I''m sure that your baby girl is just precious and perfect. And lily marian is a beautiful name!!! I''m so glad that you checked in because i was hoping to hear just this news!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today a total stranger asked if I was pregnant. This is the first time it happened and I was so excited
19.gif
I told her no one has asked me yet and she said she just had a baby so I guess it was obvious to her. Anyways just wanted to share.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 7:25:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Today a total stranger asked if I was pregnant. This is the first time it happened and I was so excited
19.gif
I told her no one has asked me yet and she said she just had a baby so I guess it was obvious to her. Anyways just wanted to share.
1.gif

Yeah, for a baby belly
9.gif
How exciting; I bet you are glowing too
12.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 11:13:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 5/10/2007 7:25:22 PM

19.gif
1.gif

Yeah, for a baby belly
9.gif
How exciting; I bet you are glowing too
12.gif

Not sure if I am glowing yet but the belly is getting huge! If I am carrying a girl I understand the myth about them "stealing their mother''s beauty."
20.gif
Things are feeling more real now. I can hardly wait until October! I have a Dr''s appointment next week and am excited to hear Tacori Baby''s heartbeat again.
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 12:44:30 PM
Author: divergrrl
Oh Curly....I am so moved by your post.....that is absolutely beautiful. Don''t you love staring at her little face? I am soooo glad your labor went so well, and I LOVE that kind of delivery...you brought tears to my eyes and I hope you feel comfortable showing us a pic or two of your precious one here. LOL on the ''post-delivery bbs'' my dh called ''em adult film star bbs..lol...craziness! Come to us if you need anything!!!

njc: well, we''ll all be here for each other afterwards & we can move to the Weekly Workout Thread..LOL....

NYCsparkle (I love your username btw) I''m gonna stick with my ''people are unique and so are bodies/one size does not fit all'' because I breastfed too and I didn''t lose a thing until I weaned him months later. I think you either snap back or you don''t & if you are one of those who don''t you have to hit the workouts/diet hard and don''t let up. Which is so hard with a new baby. Of course, this time I have my 20 year highschool reunion coming up 9 months after baby is born, so I''ll have GOOD motivation. I mean, I can''t let my ex-bf see me looking anything less than fabulous can I? LOL!!! Just kidding.....but it is a good motivator (the reunion, not the ex). That & DH is taking me on vacation to Hawaii in 2008 too. (grandparents are taking the kids!! whoooohoooooooo)

Wanna hear something funny?

My DH is 42, I''m 36...many of our friends have kids who are 18 to 22. (they are more Dh''s age, not mine---some of my friends my age have 10 year olds). It''ll be a little odd to waltz into my 20 year reunion having a 9mo old and a 3 yr old at home. Oh well...but at my DH''s work, he is the only guy in his workgroup with a kid under 18. And his boss is 1 year younger than him!!!!!

My girlfriends from college waited until late like me to have kids...I''ve got a handful of 2 year olds that my son runs with--which is great, I''ve never needed Mommy Playgroups (can be a good idea if you don''t have friends with babies the same age) because I have my same girlies to play with and we all had our babies within 6 months of each other. I''m the 1st to start round 2, but hopefully my other bf will get pg this month--she''s due for ROUND 3 of IVF --her embryo transfer date is 5-23. It took 3 rounds to get pg with her 1st, so I''m hoping this one takes too. Its too painful to watch her when they fail. If it doesn''t work this time, they are done. She''s out of frozen embryos and out of insurance $$ to pay for it. (they are in out-of-pocket mode right now & have been for the last 3 transfers).

Ok..that was a digression..I apologize, but my friend is on my mind all the time lately.

Looking forward to more Curlygirl & CurlyBabe stories....

anyone have plans for mother''s day????

Diver
OK Diver, we have to trade houses! I have the opposite problem. I am 32 (in a few weeks) and DH is 34 (almost 35) and our kids are 13, 11, and 4. Granted we were VERY young when we started, but, EVERYONE in my area that has a 13-11 year old is at least 45-50. Most people around here have baby #1 at 35-40. It''s soooo hard for me because I adore new babies and every 2 wks someone in our development is giving birth...Oh the sweet babies...I can hardly stand it. I really want one. I''ve come to the conclusion that the biological clock has less to do with age and more to do with environment.

Crossing fingers for your friend!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hey dani i was out for a 30th b-day in nyc on sat too...where did you go?

Happy Mothers Day to all the great mommies here on PS!!!!
emrose.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 12:22:40 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
hey dani i was out for a 30th b-day in nyc on sat too...where did you go?

Happy Mothers Day to all the great mommies here on PS!!!!
emrose.gif
Hey!

We went to Rosa Mexicana in Union Square- great Mexican restaurant and it was Cinco de Mayo, so TONS of fun and TONS of margaritas!!!!!!
6.gif
Afterwards we went to the Underbar at The W Hotel. It was a great night, but by the time we got home (we live in NJ, not that far from the city), it was 4 am!!! Ugh!!!!!!

Where did you go?

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!!! Enjoy your special day!!!
36.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Happy mothers day mommies & mtb!
emrose.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Mother''s Day moms and moms to be
35.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
This thread is sending my baby fever into overdrive! Congratulations on your little girl, Curly!

If this thread is still around come early Spring of next year, I just might be joining it.
31.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hope everyone had a GREAT Mother''s Day!

It''s sunny here, so I''m off to enjoy that with my little guy!

Diver

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are all my preggo PS friends? I finally have another DR''s appointment this week. I am looking forward to knowing I am still on track (worries never end). My first shower is coming up. My MIL bought our stroller!!! (I only know b/c I see someone bought it and it just HAS to be her). When did y''all start feeling movement (with your first Diver)? I am hoping it will be soon!

EBree, I hope everything works out how you plan. Baby fever is STRONG!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
heeheee. I am having baby fever too! My sister has a baby and I just love him!!!

Yeah for the stroller
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 9:48:25 PM

Thank you! And you''re so right; this baby fever has been stronger than I ever could have guessed. In fact, it''s been super strong for a while. Even having a TTC date isn''t helping much, but I try to remind myself daily that we should take advantage of a full night''s sleep for as long as we can!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 9:59:24 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 5/14/2007 9:48:25 PM

Thank you! And you''re so right; this baby fever has been stronger than I ever could have guessed. In fact, it''s been super strong for a while. Even having a TTC date isn''t helping much, but I try to remind myself daily that we should take advantage of a full night''s sleep for as long as we can!
9.gif

Haha. Well, just to warn you we concieved the first month we tried
23.gif
and that is after 13 years of BC and irregular periods (I was only off it for 2 months)! So make sure when you are TTC you REALLY are ready.
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:10:22 PM

23.gif
and that is after 13 years of BC and irregular periods (I was only off it for 2 months)! So make sure when you are TTC you REALLY are ready.
2.gif

We definitely will!
9.gif
A couple of months ago, I was teasing FH, saying "Why don''t we try for just one month? The month before our wedding? We won''t get pregnant." He looked at me like I was nuts. I would have chickened out had he said yes, but he never would have said yes.

I''m going to get off the pill and chart 6 months before trying, and I already have a couple of books I want to read during that period. As for now, I''m just doing as much research as I can.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats curlygirl!!! love the name you picked too for your sweet girl
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:27:44 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 5/14/2007 10:10:22 PM

23.gif
2.gif

We definitely will!
9.gif
A couple of months ago, I was teasing FH, saying 'Why don't we try for just one month? The month before our wedding? We won't get pregnant.' He looked at me like I was nuts. I would have chickened out had he said yes, but he never would have said yes.

I'm going to get off the pill and chart 6 months before trying, and I already have a couple of books I want to read during that period. As for now, I'm just doing as much research as I can.

I didn't even have time to chart! I did buy a basil thermo but never needed to use it (I was waiting for the next month to start charting). I actually only had one period completely off the pill. We were very surprised (but thrilled) it happened so fast for us but I am going to be very careful in the future (didn't know we were so fertile) We buy our own health insurance (maternity is an extra policy) so we need to be careful with family planning. My maternity went into effect 1/1/07, I got preggo around 1/20/07. Most people I know concieved very quickly (or accidently) or took 9+ months. You just never know. But I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you EBree. But I agree it is better to wait *after* the wedding. Morning sickness would kill the mood
3.gif

Oh, also it is a good idea to get onto a prenatal while TTC.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 9:52:41 PM
Author: Skippy123
heeheee. I am having baby fever too! My sister has a baby and I just love him!!!

Yeah for the stroller
9.gif

Thanks Skippy! I am excited about it (I know I am a nerd). I finally picked out my diaper bag and it has the same lime green that is on the stroller so I was excited about that
20.gif
I am sure people will really notice! Haha. Someone bought our swing too. I kind of feel like I am more into my baby registry than I was my wedding. Maybe b/c the stuff will actually be used daily. Are you thinking about trying soon?!?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE reading this thread!!!
30.gif
I get all baby feverish, and we''re nowhere near ready at this point, but this is just too much fun to read.

Curly, OMG I loved reading your birth story, I got totally teary-eyed over it, it was beautiful. Made me want like 10 kids, LOL!

Tacori, I''m so excited for you, I hope you get everything on your registry and that the rest of your pregnancy and your L&D goes smoothly! And it''s funny you say you''re almost more interested in the baby registry than the wedding one due to using things off the br everyday as opposed to china and the like, I bet I will feel the same way.

Today I drove out to a quilting supply shop to pick up a belated mom''s day gift (I''m driving down to see my parents tomorrow while I''m off work for a couple weeks), and the first thing I see when I enter the shop which I''ve never been to, is a whole table set up with baby fabrics and Beatrix Potter (I adore everything Beatrix Potter ever since having a ton of that stuff plus all her books when I was a child)...right then and there I told the sales lady that I had just found my nursery theme for our first, LOL!
9.gif
She said they have clients who have commissioned quilts when they were teenagers for their hope chests! My mother''s an avid and very talented quilter and I''m lucky to have her to do some pieces for our first''s layette, that will be so much fun to find a quilt pattern and incorporate some other accessories as well. Just thought I''d share that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 1:02:22 AM
Author: monarch64
I LOVE reading this thread!!!
30.gif
I get all baby feverish, and we're nowhere near ready at this point, but this is just too much fun to read.

Curly, OMG I loved reading your birth story, I got totally teary-eyed over it, it was beautiful. Made me want like 10 kids, LOL!

Tacori, I'm so excited for you, I hope you get everything on your registry and that the rest of your pregnancy and your L&D goes smoothly! And it's funny you say you're almost more interested in the baby registry than the wedding one due to using things off the br everyday as opposed to china and the like, I bet I will feel the same way.

Today I drove out to a quilting supply shop to pick up a belated mom's day gift (I'm driving down to see my parents tomorrow while I'm off work for a couple weeks), and the first thing I see when I enter the shop which I've never been to, is a whole table set up with baby fabrics and Beatrix Potter (I adore everything Beatrix Potter ever since having a ton of that stuff plus all her books when I was a child)...right then and there I told the sales lady that I had just found my nursery theme for our first, LOL!
9.gif
She said they have clients who have commissioned quilts when they were teenagers for their hope chests! My mother's an avid and very talented quilter and I'm lucky to have her to do some pieces for our first's layette, that will be so much fun to find a quilt pattern and incorporate some other accessories as well. Just thought I'd share that!
Aww, that's soooo cute!! I adore all things Beatrix Potter too!!!
1.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: you are cracking me up with your registry stalking! LOL! Stop looking right now young lady or I''m telling Santa!!!! Yay on your stroller, which one did you get? I have to do the double stroller thing, and I hate all of them. TOO BIG. I settled on the Phil & Ted''s E3 with doubles kit. It''s just more versatile for 2...because once Jake outgrows the stroller, I can make it a single again & not be stuck with some behemoth nightmare of a stroller. Plus its really light (21lbs) and made so well, it turns on a dime with 2 kids in it -- I test drove my friends --- you can push with ONE hand. (I refuse to own any stroller over 25lbs...madness to me....my Metrolite is 17lbs, my MacLaren is like 10lbs, and when you are lifting them in and out of your car non-stop & bending at weird angles, you put your back at risk--the kids are enough of a killer).

As for when I felt baby move....I felt Jake at 17 weeks, quite clearly. By 19 weeks he was tapdancing in there. Now this baby, I could barely feel at all until the other day (I''m 21.5 weeks now). My ultrasound tech told me its because my placenta is anterior (up front) so she''s kicking/punching that & its buffering the blows so to speak. But I''m feeling her now & she rolls around pretty good in there! Cracks me up.

How many weeks are you now? What is your DD?

Oh funny story: so my good friend comes over on Sat for dinner with her 8 month old lilttle guy (soooo cute) and my son was just enamored with him...had to "teach" him how to play. Anyhoo I digress.....so my friend had to get some stuff out of her bag & needed both her hands & I tell her to hand her little man to me to hold while she does it. She actually says "oh honey, you are pregnant, you shouldn''t be holding him!". LOL! I just cracked up and pointed to my 2.5 year old & said "I carry THAT around all day--I think I can handle your 8 month old!".

I just found it funny...everyone thinks when you are pregnant you are fragile. Good thing she didn''t see me hauling my heavy garbage cans to the curb tonight!

Ebree: Best book for conception: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler (I think that''s her name). OMG, I thought I knew it all, & this book taught me so much! I wasn''t counting the first day of my cycle correctly. (spotting is not day 1...the bright stuff is.....i was off by 2 days!) http://www.fertilityfriend.com has the charting software online & you can use a limiited version for free. They have more detailed versions you can pay for too, but the free is fine in the beginning. DH and I have gotten pregnant 4 times really easily (first tries each cycle--but I had a couple miscarriages in there too--very common 1 in 5 confirmed pregnancies ends in one) and I was 33 & 36 each time. Normally, for a perfectly healthy couple in their 30''s, it takes a year of trying to get pregnant. Whatever you do--don''t overthink it and have fun "babydancing" (ttc lingo) Even if you catch your ovulation perfectly, your chance of conceiving is only 25% each month....so just enjoy the ride. We got lucky with being so fertile each time, DH couldn''t believe it....he is getting FIXED after this little girl is born. 2 kids is ENOUGH! Perfect size for us & I''m starting to feel old. LOL!

Yeah, and wait till after the wedding to ttc...morning sickness & extreme tiredness will really make that honeymoon fun! LOL. Besides, you can''t drink champagne at your wedding or maitais on your honeymoon. (you can see where MY priorities lie) Oh ... only 4 more months until I can have a magnificent martini. ahhhhh....

later...ni-ni time

Diver

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 11:33:21 PM

I didn't even have time to chart! I did buy a basil thermo but never needed to use it (I was waiting for the next month to start charting). I actually only had one period completely off the pill. We were very surprised (but thrilled) it happened so fast for us but I am going to be very careful in the future (didn't know we were so fertile) We buy our own health insurance (maternity is an extra policy) so we need to be careful with family planning. My maternity went into effect 1/1/07, I got preggo around 1/20/07. Most people I know concieved very quickly (or accidently) or took 9+ months. You just never know. But I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you EBree. But I agree it is better to wait *after* the wedding. Morning sickness would kill the mood
3.gif

Oh, also it is a good idea to get onto a prenatal while TTC.

I've actually been trying to find a good chewable prenatal to start taking as soon as possible. TTC date is less than 10 months away, so I figure it can't hurt. What prenatal are you taking?

Regarding not having time to chart, I wish that was the case! I'm going to go off BC right after our wedding, and FH won't budge on trying until March, so I'll definitely have time. I'd really like to try Natural Family Planning, but I'm afraid I'll be irregular again and it won't work. I actually found this fertility monitor that I've asked FH to buy me for Christmas, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. A girl I met online swore by it, though, and said that she conceived both of her boys on the first cycle using it. I'm not sure if I can link to it (PS rules?) but it's called the OvaCue.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 1:25:33 AM
Author: divergrrl

Ebree: Best book for conception: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler (I think that's her name). OMG, I thought I knew it all, & this book taught me so much! I wasn't counting the first day of my cycle correctly. (spotting is not day 1...the bright stuff is.....i was off by 2 days!) http://www.fertilityfriend.com has the charting software online & you can use a limiited version for free. They have more detailed versions you can pay for too, but the free is fine in the beginning. DH and I have gotten pregnant 4 times really easily (first tries each cycle--but I had a couple miscarriages in there too--very common 1 in 5 confirmed pregnancies ends in one) and I was 33 & 36 each time. Normally, for a perfectly healthy couple in their 30's, it takes a year of trying to get pregnant. Whatever you do--don't overthink it and have fun 'babydancing' (ttc lingo) Even if you catch your ovulation perfectly, your chance of conceiving is only 25% each month....so just enjoy the ride. We got lucky with being so fertile each time, DH couldn't believe it....he is getting FIXED after this little girl is born. 2 kids is ENOUGH! Perfect size for us & I'm starting to feel old. LOL!

Diver

Diver,

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is on my list, and it's taking everything I've got not to order it now! I know if I start reading it, my baby fever will become uncontrollable.
4.gif
But thank you for your advice and those helpful numbers. I had no idea that a couple's chance of conceiving is only 25% each month!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Monarch: Oh I totally get your falling in love with a theme! I fell in love with a nursery crib set before dh & I even got married. (Was in babies r us buying a shower gift for a friend with my mom) I should have gotten it because it was cream & would have been perfect for boy or girl. I did buy a few stuffed animals & children''s books from time to time before we got married as well. One of my dear friends gave me a dress to use for my baby that she bought at Nordstrom before she even got married. Her family used to tease her, but its this gorgeous navy blue linen dress, with cream satin ribbon trim & shell buttons. OMG--so pretty. And she said, it was marked down 70% so she HAD to get it.(she did have a little girl about 6 years later) LOL. I''m so honored she lent it to me for Delaney''s 1st Bday pictures...its priceless....

Ebree: How old are you? Things go quicker in your 20''s than 30''s, but your 30''s are still a GREAT time to conceive, so no worries. Like I said, I was 33 & 36 and I swear it hit me like a freight train each time. My DH went around for about a month thinking he was quite the stallion. Then he quickly realized that since we are "done" this might be more of a problem. LOL. Can you say *snip snip snip*? Once you read Taking Charge, (natural family planning) you''ll be able to recognize your times & you can just be seductive..*wink wink*. As for irregular cycles, the TCOYF book will help a lot too. I''ve lent my copy to so many friends, I don''t even know where it is now. It is such a great book, I simply could not put it down. But you''ll have fun when the time comes *wink wink nudge nudge*, and just put it in your mind that it might take a year, so you don''t put all sorts of pressure on yourself. Just have fun.....you know.....FUN!!!
18.gif
28.gif
11.gif

Well I''m off to the gym today...my 2yr old has been Mr. Fussy all week, so I''m going to let him get his ya-ya''s out in the gym daycare (its pretty cool in there) while I do the elliptical & some light hand weights. My arms are so FLABBY! eww ewww ewww! I''m gonna look like a whale this summer. Great!

Diver

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch- you are so cute! I wish I could come up with a theme for the nursery
20.gif
Argg...it is hard! I can''t find anything I am in love with.

Ebree- See I thought it was only a 20% chance when all things are perfect. When you start learning it is so hard to believe there are accidental pregnancies. M/C are high too, 20% as well. It is scary especially if you have to have a D&C. I hope I never know what it is like first hand but those things are out of our control. I am on Primacare One. It is a perscription that my Doc loves. They do make a chewable version. I am not sure I would start that before you get preggo b/c it is $40/month. I would just take GNC or a generic for now or just a folic acid supplement (that is what is *really* important). I am going to go back on the GNC version once I am breastfeeding. Mine are nice b/c they are gel coated so goes down easy but the only time I have thrown up was b/c the pill got lodged and I had to drink so much water. My belly did not approve
14.gif

Diver-I am getting Chicco''s Cortina travel System. I have two friends that have the same one (one in a different color). I looked atthe Graco''s metrolites as well. I guess Chicco''s car seat has a better safty rating and there are a few more bells and whistles. I love the look of it. My diaper bag (that my mom said she was buying for the shower!) has the same lime green in it. I love one of Graco''s patterns (the Milan) but they don''t carry it at BRU
15.gif
Oh well! I want to get an umbrella stroller down the road. I still need to pick out a pack ''n play. Any suggestions? I know I should stop looking at my registry but the temptation is too great! It''s all just so exciting. I''ll be 17 weeks on Sunday. My EDD is 10/28 (maybe a halloween baby?!?) I go to the doctor''s on thursday and really need to write down my questions b/c I am getting pretty forgetful. Now that I am not as sick I am starting to enjoy it but I got a NASTY case of heart burn today. Ouch! How are you feeling? How sweet your little boy likes babies. I loved being a big sister and never felt jealous at all.

pTRU1-3141746reg.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Prenatals: I take the Generic Safeway Brand $15 for 300 once a day pills---CHEAP! My OB says they are just as good as anything else. Its not chewable (do you like that kind because you find swallowing a large pill difficult?) but it has no smell, aftertaste, nor does it make my stomach upset. My son came out just fine cooking on the Safeway Generics, so I''m sure baby girl will too. But Tacori is right, you need the folic acid BEFORE you conceive. Neural Tube defects can happen before you even know you are pregnant, so March of Dimes recommends that all women of childbearing ages take a multivitamin with at least 400mcg of folic acid & especially 3 or 4 months prior to conception.

Tacori: A friend of mine got the Chicco and I love it! (I put it together for her since she was in denial that her baby would come on any day other than her due date & didn''t put together a single baby gear item & wound up going into labor a week or so early. Fortunately, I''m a total guy at heart when it comes to assembling crap, so I brougth my tools to her house and put all her things together when she got home) I thought it was made really nice & maneuvered well. Great choice for getting around in tight spaces---you will love it!! I like your colors.

Pack-n-plays...I LOVE mine. I actually had Jake sleep in it next to my bed until he was 5.5 months old. (our house is huge & really long & the kids room''s are upstairs--master is on the main----and on the other end of the house) It has a changing table feature which is great too. It was great for travel, etc. I like the ones by Graco & they''ve gotten even cuter in the last 3 years since I bought mine. In fact, I''m sure baby girl will snooze in our room for a few months too, which buys me some time moving Jake from his crib to big boy bed.

Nursery: I am having SO...MUCH...FUN...putting baby girl''s room together. I have won about half of her bedding on ebay for half price (its current stock too! go figure! new in package!) which is cool since I am not only buying the crib bedding & curtains, but her "big girl" bedding since PBKids discontinues designs each year. DH said we should just buy all her furniture now (twin bed, dresser, nightstand, mirror, desk) since we need the dresser (he wants it all to match) and his idea was to put the twin bed in now & put her new bedding on it too. I like that because if she''s ever sick or having a hard night I can sleep in her room. (I''ve slept on Jake''s floor before). I checked the furniture stores & everything I like is so stinkin'' expensive. I feel bad because Jake''s big boy furniture is our old guest room furniture my dad is refinishing in a fire engine red (with distressing), and his dresser was mine (we refinished it in red too) but none of it was new. So I''ve got a lead on a few bedroom sets (vintage white ones) from $250 to $400 on Craigslist. I have to go look at them this week. But I don''t want to spend more on baby girl than I did on my boy.

I''m really excited to do his "big boy" room. I got him a great set from PBKids (athletics--again scored half of it on ebay half price, brand new!) so he gets a snazzy update too this summer.

Kids are fun, flat out fun. Now if I can just stop folding, unfolding, and refolding her little outfits. I''m a nut. I''ll probably wash them 3 times before she gets here. (that''s what I did with Jake...I''m purposely not buying Dreft for awhile or I will start washing them now...lol)

DIver

E B

Ideal_Rock
Diver- I'm a couple of months from 24, and FH is almost 25. We definitely have time. I'm actually quite excited at the thought of learning how a cycle works (besides the basics, of course), and I can't wait to read 'Taking Charge'. We're not in a huge rush, but it feels like my hormones are. It's as if nature's hitting me on the head, saying, "Get to it!".
9.gif

Tacori- I pay around $40 a month for my multis anyway, so if this prenatal covers all that my chewable multi does, I might as well, right? Though, weirdly enough, I heard that Flinstones Vitamins (the vitamins for kids!) have the same vitamins and minerals (and folic acid) that prescribed prenatals have, and that grown women just need to double the dose. Have you heard anything about that? I feel like such a baby; I can't swallow pills (and I've tried and tried!).

p.s. Love the travel system! It's perfect for either a boy or a girl.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebree, found this here

"Have you discovered the prenatal nutrition advantages of Essential Fatty Acids?
The PrimaCare® brand was the first prescription prenatal vitamin with Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) and continues to be the market leader. (1)

PrimaCare® and PrimaCare® ONE provide the highest levels of EFAs and the ONLY prescription prenatal vitamins that contain DHA and EPA plus precursors. (1)

PreCare Premier™ provides a wide range of vitamins and minerals, plus a stool softener; in a small easy-to-swallow, once-daily caplet.

Is your prenatal vitamin too large to swallow?
Ther-Rx has developed PreCare® Chewables — the pleasant-tasting, berry flavored chewable alternative to PreCare® Prenatal with an advanced and balanced formulation and no vitamin aftertaste.

Are you experiencing morning sickness?
You are not alone - 50% to 90% of pregnant women experience morning sickness (2, 3, 4). In studies, 75 mg of vitamin B6 daily has been shown to significantly reduce morning sickness symptoms (3). PremesisRx® delivers 75 mg of controlled-release vitamin B6. PremesisRx® can be used with other prenatal vitamins as prescribed by a physician."

Are you trying to conceive?
PreCare Conceive® is designed to be used by sexually active women, especially when preparing for pregnancy. In women, only Folic Acid has been demonstrated in clinical trials to decrease the incidence of NTDs. (6 - 18). PreCare Conceive® provides 1 mg of folic acid, USP."

The stool softener is a plus for sure! Sorry if that is TMI but hey, we are talking pregnancy here. Also it has DHA and fatty acids which my generic didn''t. I was so sick the first trimester my diet was horrible. To me it is worth the money to know I am getting the right vitamins. Hope this helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results