shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
So last night I was minutes away from being admitted to the hospital. Went to get my blood pressure checked after it was high last week. The bottom number was too high so they monitored cayden for 20 minutes. He wasn't kicking over the baseline enough and they said he had 10 minutes left to kick 10 times before I would be admitted. I asked if I could have a granola bar in my purse while I waited because it was 6:30 pm by this time. That got the little booger kicking! I got 14 kicks in that ten minutes as well as a set of hiccups lol I have to go back on Friday morning to check the blood pressure again and was told to avoid sodium to help make sure I passed it. Oh and I also got my blood drawn again for the millionth time! So if you could send me some positive vibes for my appt on Friday morning I'd really appreciate it. I would hate to spend the weekend in the hospital :( Also totally non pregnancy related but some good vibes for my sister today would be appreciated as well; she caught her ex husband breaking into her house last night to steal things and she has to testify against him in court today for a laundry list of convictions :nono:

ETA: just got a company email that they may have to lay some of us off in april unless they can get more work from clients. Pretty sure the new pregnant lady doesn't stand a chance. AWESOME. What a craptastic day ;(

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Just ignore my last post, sorry I'm such a debbie downer today. How are all of you lovely ladies doing?

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Blen, I hope you have the most wonderful time! If you get a chance (and like to be scared!) go and take a look at Mary King's Close in Edinburgh. It's my current favourite. http://www.realmarykingsclose.com/

I am about 30 minutes from Edinburgh - if you want any local info, just give me a shout!

Jen

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have much catching up to do here!

DCG, Yay for a girl!!!!!! :love: I'm so happy to follow your story! Have you posted a pic yet? I don't think you have. Hint, Hint!!! Hope you've been able to catch up on your rest! :wavey:

Deeeeeeeeelight, You had a BIG GIRL. She is so gorgeous! So fun to have a nice big baby from the get-go! And, no epi! Eesh, you're my hero! (Remember when you were worried about labor?) I can't wait to read your birth story! Take your time, I know it is so hard to post. Oh, and I love the "ZERO" age sticker and the Hello Kitty. Wonderful! So happy for you! P.S. I love her name too. Is it a family name?

basil, I adore that Land of Nod crib mobile. I think I probably posted it on here many months ago too. You can also check ETSY. There are tons of bird mobiles, though none quite as charming as that Land of Nod mobile. I finally ordered a mobile today/ After much searching for a bird mobile, I finally ordered one of these: http://butterflymobiles.blogspot.com/p/photos-of-butterfly-mobiles-in.html, which I think is perfect! Who knew I wanted butterflies and not birds?! Baby is supposed to be mesmerized by them. We shall see!

Modern, Congrats on Team Pink! The cake is the cutest idea EVER! Yay for little girls!

Skippy and Blenheim, I missed the beginning of your hypnobabies discussion, but thought I'd chime in. We took a hypnobirthing class, which is essentially the same thing as hypnobabies, I think. As it turned out, I was not able to utilize the techniques because I had to be induced, but I did listen to the tapes during my pregnancy, which I often found relaxing. (Skippy -- my instructor hypnobirthed her twin boys and then started teaching as a result of her positive experience.) If either of you are interested in the book and two cds, please request my e-mail address from admin. I'd be happy to mail them out to you, as I don't plan to use them again.

AFM (haha, I am not pregnant and have no business posting an AFM here):
I will fully admit that I wish I were pregnant right now! I am such a nut. My poor, poor husband!!!!!!! My mind is a big blurry mess of happiness and love and more love. Haha, enjoy this time! My pregnancy was one of the happiest times of my life. For you first-timers, I promise you, it only gets better!! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, awww, that is so awesome; :D I could send them to Blen after if she is interested too (I think she isnt as far along as me? I am 27 weeks)!!! I hope we can get in touch. :halo: That is so cool she had the twins using hypnobirthing!
How is your beautiful daughter. Good to see you pop in. We miss you in here, but we will join you soon! I am over the moon for you w/your gorgeous baby girl!!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much everyone! I feel so awful that I don't post here enough to get kind words from any of you! I'm still pregnant haha..boooooooo! 9 days to go!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
random_thought|1300890542|2878153 said:
So last night I was minutes away from being admitted to the hospital. Went to get my blood pressure checked after it was high last week. The bottom number was too high so they monitored cayden for 20 minutes. He wasn't kicking over the baseline enough and they said he had 10 minutes left to kick 10 times before I would be admitted. I asked if I could have a granola bar in my purse while I waited because it was 6:30 pm by this time. That got the little booger kicking! I got 14 kicks in that ten minutes as well as a set of hiccups lol I have to go back on Friday morning to check the blood pressure again and was told to avoid sodium to help make sure I passed it. Oh and I also got my blood drawn again for the millionth time! So if you could send me some positive vibes for my appt on Friday morning I'd really appreciate it. I would hate to spend the weekend in the hospital :( Also totally non pregnancy related but some good vibes for my sister today would be appreciated as well; she caught her ex husband breaking into her house last night to steal things and she has to testify against him in court today for a laundry list of convictions :nono:

ETA: just got a company email that they may have to lay some of us off in april unless they can get more work from clients. Pretty sure the new pregnant lady doesn't stand a chance. AWESOME. What a craptastic day ;(

RT- don't worry, we all are allowed to vent on craptastic days... Lots of positive baby/health *dust* coming your way! I also really hope all goes well for your sister... sounds like a creepy situation to me! :errrr:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I'm just skimmimg quickly while grabbing a bite before waking and dressing DD. I'll try to come back with a real post later, but I just have to comment on this thread reaching 1100 pages! :o I think it was around 100 pages (maybe less) when I first joined the thread in my first pregnangy, and I thought it was such a long thread then. This thread was such a source of information and support to me during that first pregnancy when I had so many questions and fears. I think it is amazing and wonderful that it is still going so strong. :appl:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!

RT--very cute maternity pic and I love the crib! I also really like the idea of getting the names of the babies engraved on the plague.

Tao--just a few more days! I'm so jealous! I am getting to the point where I just want her out already. I hope you have a smooth and easy delivery when the time does come.

Imperfect--Congrats on the adoption!

Skippy--they did already decide when you will have your c-section? Or is it just an option right now?

Blen--very cute belly pic!

DC--Sophia is one of my girl name picks but DH poo-pooed it quite early in the naming game. Love the names though!

Anyone else I forgot, sorry! I hope you are all doing well.

AFM--I'm ok. Not sleeping much, trying to get all my work done before I go on leave at the end of April. Hopefully Lorelei doesn't decide to make too early of an entrance into the world! My friends have all been scaring me with their stories of early birth anywhere from 3-4 weeks early! Yikes! I had my checkup on Monday and lost 3lbs from all the vomiting and lack of eating from last week. Boo. Looks like my overall weight gain is right around 19lbs.I haven't been feeling great, not sure if the bug is still lingering or what. I haven't had much of an appetite and I feel like I can't catch my breath. I hate to say it but I'm at the point where I just want her to come out cause I can't get comfortable anymore. I also have massive heartburn...like right now. Ugh. The joys of pregnancy.

On top of that and DH's on going recovery and lawsuits, our neighbor below just informed us that we need to pay for the water damage in her bathroom. Apparently there must have been some kind of leak but she waited almost 4 months to have it checked out. Now it's going to cost $300 to repair the ceiling and she is just expecting us to pay for it. DH and I are under the impression that the damage wouldn't have been so extensive if she had informed us sooner or tried to have someone come look at it earlier instead of waiting. But she has always been this way, it's got to be when its convienient for her and when she wants it and how she wants it. I don't think its unreasonable to ask that she pay a portion of the repairs since she waited almost 4 months --- water damage gets worse over time, not better. But she pretty much threw a hissy fit yelling about how dare we decide what we are going to pay, yada yada yada. Do you think we are being unreasonable? From the time she mentioned it to me until she wanted to get someone in to her unit was over a month. Prior to that her roommate had been telling her since December that there was a leak and she never told us. Otherwise we would have had someone out sooner. What do you think?

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

cupcake, sorry to hear you're still not feeling 100%. I got a stomach bug this week and it was NO fun! I was able to keep fluids down so didn't have your dehydration problem though - I'm so sorry you had to go to the hospital for that! Heartburn is such a terrible side effect of pregnancy. I remember popping tums non-stop towards the end of my last pregnancy. I hope you find some relief soon! That sucks about your neighbor - I hope it works out okay for you!

Kay, I too am amazed that this thread has reached 1100 pages! so cool! Thanks for the belated birthday wishes! How goes sleep training? I love the story about A kissing your belly! So Sweet! Did you two make it to the zoo? We went to the San Diego zoo last friday and it was so crowded! We had fun but we live over an hour from there so it was kind of a rough day with no nap and I was beat at the end of it!

taov, only 9 days!? hope you're feeling well!! My DD had tons of hair when we did her late u/s - love that!

rt, yay for a fun car trip and some great maternity pics! I love the cradle your dad made you! What a lovely heirloom!! I'm so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday! please don't worry about being a debbie downer! I'm so glad you didn't have to be admitted to the hospital - I'll be sending good vibrations tomorrow. I hope your job is not really at risk - it sucks to be pregnant and worrying about that!! can you perhaps speak to your manager to demonstrate your commitment to the job and ascertain if you should be concerned? Perhaps you could ask what more, if anything, you personally can do to raise business? Good vibes outgoing to your sister to - what a terrible situation!

skippy, love your most recent belly shot - you look great! glad to hear the boys are well! That's so cute that your parents are buying things for them already! I love our bob (even though it's a chore to get DD in any stroller these days) and would definitely suggest you get one if you plan to do walking around your neighborhood and/or some hiking with them! bummer about your birthing class coming to an end. perhaps you can find out if your instructor offers any other classes that might be helpful to you before the baby is born so that you can keep interacting with her.

Blen, you look great! I'm jealous that you're small this time around! Looks like the work you're doing to stay on track with your diet is paying off. nice job! Also, yay for booking your babymoon! I loved traveling in Scotland when I was studying abroad! Have you been there before? I hope you have a fabulous time! Bummer that those jeans were too short for you - I hope you find some elsewhere that do the trick of staying up!

Imperfect I have no experience with GD but I hope everything turns out fine in terms of the diagnosis! congrats on impending parenthood!!

dcg, sorry to hear you haven't been sleeping well and that you have heartburn! The names you are considering are great! I especially like Cora. A friend of mine is expecting her second and that's the name she has chosen. I think it's classic and unique and I know no-one with that name so I don't think it's too popular right now. How did your open house go?

modern, Yay for team pink! What a beautiful cake you had! glad you've been enjoying sharing your girl news! Addison and Ella are great names. yay for new maternity clothes too!

Charbie, I loved your story about someone at work noticing your belly and you not realizing what they were talking about - too funny! Sorry you're still struggling with weight gain though. I'm sure everything will be just fine if you keep eating well. re: DH's cousin looking after the baby - I think it's great that you may have that as an option, but as others have said, do think long and hard about the decision. I personally would NOT hire a family member or close friend to watch my kid(s) since I would rather be able to approach the relationship from a business perspective and not have to worry about somehow hurting a family/friend relationship. For example, I might struggle to tell a family member if I wanted them to do something differently in terms of the care they were providing - especially if they were already an experienced mother. And if I did bring it up, I might worry that my request would be taken poorly or somehow disregarded if the caretaker were a friend or family member. And what would happen if I decided that the care being provided were NOT to my liking? Would there be hurt feelings if I made other childcare arrangements? I would also have some trouble with the $ part - as it is I tend to give my friends and family more leeway than I should when they owe me $ or if we're splitting a bill so I think I'd end up overpaying a family member by always giving them the benefit of the doubt and rounding up in terms of time, etc... Nevertheless, there are certainly some benefits to having your child cared for by someone you are close with. I don't know if I'm making sense here but I hope my ramblings help a bit. I hope whatever you decide to do works out great.

inhisarms, so sorry to hear about your scare but I'm glad everything is okay! welcome to the thread here - I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

DD I'm glad to hear you have a babymoom booked too! Like you, DH and I have only been away from DD once (for one night) since she was born. I hope you have a great time!

basil, I'm so sorry to hear about your heartburn! I hope it eases up for you soon! Yay for getting your registry taken care of. As others have said, you really should consider putting some big stuff on there, if only to get a discount if no one purchases them for you. I love that you plan to make a mobile out of those birds - it's going to be so cute! Good luck on your board exam next week! Did you guys end up getting that offer on your house?

puffy, I hope the next 5 weeks are easy on you! I can't believe you're almost there!

hi to anyone I may have missed! :wavey:

AFM: All is well here (despite a rough start to our week). DD had a nice birthday and the anatomy scan went well last week. The baby looks great and I've gained 12 lbs so far which seems okay at 20 weeks. I was worried it would be a lot more than that. We had a lovely time with my in laws here. We went to the zoo one day and the bday BBQ went well. I had two concerts this weekend which had me running around like a mad woman trying to make sure everything was taken care of at home before I left to sing each day but it all worked out. Unfortunately one of the older kids at the party puked on the way out and infected us (only me and DH) with a terrible bug that had my tummy in knots - terrible puking and diarrhea (sorry if that's TMI!) and a fever. DH didn't have the tummy trouble but had a fever as well. Fortunately my in-laws left on monday afternoon before I got sick that night and no one else from the party got ill besides the little girl's family. I would have felt so bad if anyone else got it! It only lasted a day and a half and DD seems okay so hopefully we're in the clear. Man, being that sick while pregnant AND caring for a toddler stinks!! I'm so glad to be feeling better now!

Anyway I hope you're all doing okay!
Hugs,
Mrs

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I'll apologize in advance if this comes off as ranty but I just really need to get this off of my chest.
So they think I have gestational hypertension, had high blood pressure with protein in my urine. I'm now stuck only able to work for 4 hours a day. I JUST got this job and dh and I were FINALLY starting to get out of debt with his promotion. I'm so so mad at myself that we are going to get stuck right back where we were 5 months ago. I understand it is for the health of me and the baby, but I really don't understand how me spending 4 less hours in a computer chair, hardly moving much is going to help anything. I mean really?? Oh, have I mentioned they are laying off 4 members of my team at work, pretty sure this will make me even MORE likely to be one of the lucky ones laid off (I'm new, pregnant and now on bedrest). UGH!!! I'm so freaking mad!!! I feel like I've failed my family and it really really sucks.

Thank you everyone for your good vibes. On the upside I don't have preeclampsia (that they know of yet). If I get a call from them about my urine test this morning I get to spend the night in the hospital. I'm really hoping I don't get that call...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, it’s great that your birthing classes have been such a good experience for you and your DH. (Plus chocolate – great teacher!) We skipped the classes with A because friends complained that the classes at our hospital spend 10 hours covering 3-4 hours worth of material. We just watched a video series at our convenience instead. This time, if we can get someone to watch A, we might do the 3 hour refresher course they offer 2nd time parents. Sadly, we did not make it to the zoo last Sunday. There were high winds all day, and rain in the afternoon. We may try again this weekend if the weather is good. Glad to hear your OB appt went well. Sounds like your parents are very excited prospective grandparents!

Tao, April Fool’s Day is an interesting EDD. I hope you will be holding your LO very soon!

IHA, welcome to the preggo thread! :wavey: Glad to hear the US was fine.

Blen, congrats on booking your babymoon! :appl: How long will you be in Scotland? Any particular sights you really want to see while you are there? Great belly pics – good for you that you are smaller this time! I feel so much bigger this time around. I have not gained any more weight than with A, so I think that I am just looking big faster because everything is already stretched out. (Boo.)

Basil, sorry to hear about your heartburn – being PG comes with such fun side effects. The little tiger outfit sounds so adorable! Was it a Carter’s outfit? It sounds similar to something we bought at the Carter’s outlet – I can’t resist tigers either! Go ahead and put some big ticket items on your registry. At my office, people often pool together to buy 1 or 2 of the big items from the registry rather than everyone buying small items separately.

Dreamer, I am with you on needing a break. We have only spent 1 night apart from A since she was born. When she was about 2 months old, DH’s parents came for Christmas and gave us a night in a hotel room for a Christmas gift – it was wonderful. I wish we had family near by, because 1 would love to be able to take a weekend trip to LA or somewhere else on occasion.

Charbie, cute story about your patient. It is a tough call to decide whether to hire a family member to watch your child. It's really good that you know her and trust her, but mixing business and family can get tricky. My cousin is very fortunate that her mom and grandmother offered to alternate days watching her kids while she works, but I don't believe any money changes hands as they wanted more grandchild time.

Modern, I really like Stella Lorraine or Ella. I like Addison too, but think it is too popular due to Private Practice. For us, I resurrected our name list from last time, added a few names to it so it was about 30 names long, and e-mailed to DH. The list came back to me with 10 names he approved from my list. Since then, we have whittled the list to 4 first names (more below).

RT, great maternity pictures! Those cradles are so precious – what an amazing family heirloom to have and pass down! :love: I am so sorry to hear about the gestational hypertension and the potential layoffs at your office. Have you talked with your doctor about how necessary the reduced hours are if your job is not physically tasking? It sounds like you will be more mentally stressed out staying at home than being at work. Sending you dust for better news soon.

DCG, I think the exhaustion from poor sleep is one of the toughest parts of pregnancy. Of the names you posted, I like Sophia and Emma best – both very classic but not stuffy. I love the idea of a monkey themed nursery! We have called A our little monkey princess since she was about 9 months old because she just acts like such a little monkey sometimes. She is seriously obsessed with Curious George – she asks to “watch monkey” almost every day.

IG, congrats on your adoption! :appl:

LV, good to “see” you here! :wavey: How is your DD?

Cupcake, I’m sorry to hear you are still feeling rough, and now the crap with the neighbor too! I do not think you should have to pay her whole repair bill – it’s not your fault she decided to wait 4 months to have the leak investigated and let the damage have time to spread. Is it clear the leak is your fault?

Mrs, glad to hear your DD had a good birthday and the scan went well. It really does suck being sick while pregnant and dealing with a toddler. We didn’t make it to the zoo on Sunday due to bad weather. I didn’t realize/remember you lived so close to SD. I think it is time for another SD PS GTG. We have been members of the zoo and wild animal park for many years, which is nice because we can drop by for a 2-hour visit and leave as soon as A starts to get tired or cranky (me too, lol).

AFM, I am 27 weeks and 1 day, so I’m in the third trimester now! As of my 25 week appt, I had gained about 12 pounds, so I am hoping I can keep from going crazy in the last trimester. I gained 29 pounds with A, and I never lost 10 of them, so I would love to stop at 20 this time, but that may not be realistic.

As for names, we are down to 4 contenders for the first name right now: Veronica, Vanessa, Lauren and Madison. The middle name will likely be Noelle (I love that name, but don’t want to use it as a first name.) We may not decide until we see her. I keep thinking something better will come to me at some point.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for Veronica!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
taovandel|1301093316|2880413 said:
I vote for Veronica!!

I think that is my first choice too, although I also love Lauren. The only downside I see with Veronica is the nickname Ronnie. My two closest friends IRL (both guys) also chose Veronica from that list. Veronica was DH's fav for a while, but now he is leaning toward Vanessa. Madison ended up on the list a few weeks ago because I recently read a book that had a little girl namded Madison, who they called Maddie for short -- I thought it was cute. I also really like Morgan and Jordan (unisex & my 1st choice boy name), but DH nixed them.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Stoppin by again, sorry for so many posts! I'm ps'ing from L&D. I spent the night and am here for about 11 more hours. They are monitoring me for preeclampsia. My bp was down this morning but was high in the middle of the night again. They also have me peeing in a jug for 24 hours lol (I'm sorry there is just no proper way to write that one!) I'll know later tonight if I have it and if I do I have to stay even longer. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can go home tonight!! I've only been here 12 hours and I'm already sick of it!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
random_thought|1301150610|2880688 said:
Stoppin by again, sorry for so many posts! I'm ps'ing from L&D. I spent the night and am here for about 11 more hours. They are monitoring me for preeclampsia. My bp was down this morning but was high in the middle of the night again. They also have me peeing in a jug for 24 hours lol (I'm sorry there is just no proper way to write that one!) I'll know later tonight if I have it and if I do I have to stay even longer. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can go home tonight!! I've only been here 12 hours and I'm already sick of it!!

RT, safe, healthy *DUST* coming your way! I'm sorry you are stuck in the hospital! I really hope everything calms down and you are able to go home soon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TUCKINS ~~ how are you doing?

RT ~~ best wishes.

KAY ~~ I love the name Lauren, you have some beautiful names on your list!!! :D Our birthing class was 5 classes and each class was 2.5 hrs. I think a dvd is great too and super convenient!! I guess for me it was good because I was unsure of hospital protocol, and it is interesting to find out all the info before hand. I also love to ask questions so the class helped since I never remember to bring my questions up to my OB. lol You probably will do great with the weight gain since you are still tiny; I just realized next week we head into the 3rd Trimester!!! :D Yay!

MRS ~~ thanks about the pic, you are so sweet! thanks about my parents too; these babies are their 3rd and 4th grandkids but it makes me happy they are super excited anyway. Oh I went to REI all set to buy the BOB but they don't allow the 20% off coupon anymore; I used it in the past and bought my sister a BOB so that was a bummer. I will buy it later. I am glad you love yours for walking; they do seem like wonderful strollers!! Yay for the scan going well and happy birthday to DD; glad it was a great one! :D oh your weekend, outing w/the inlaws sounded wonderful!!! aw, I am so sorry you two got sick; I am so sorry. I hope you two are feeling better and get now more kid bugs, huge hugs.

CUPCAKE ~~ the doctor was telling me that if I go for a vaginal birth there is still 50% chance that the second baby may end up being a c section so he was throwing the schedule c-section out there as an option. Since I have an Ultrasound every few weeks they will be able to tell me if the babies are head down. I hope they are head down, thanks for asking. Oh no, I am sorry you aren't sleeping well, you poor sweetheart. I hope you feel better soon; it seems like bad stomach bugs are going around. Ugh, I am sorry about the neighbor, how frustrating. I am not sure what you can do? hugs and hope things work out. :halo:

TAO ~~ Oh my gosh April 1st is almost here; hope you go sooner!!!! Very exciting!!! How are you feeling? sending lots of dust for a happy and quick L&D :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~~ I posted about using the REI 20% off the other day, well, I went to REI and they do not allow the coupon to be used on strollers (this is new since I purchased a BOB in the past for my sister) so I guess when I am ready to buy a stroller I will do it then, oh well.

Our last Birthing class was great, we got a tour of L&D and then of the hospital rooms which was great to see! It was cute to see one momma w/her teeny tiny baby at the kitchen getting a snack; it warmed my heart to see her w/her darling baby. :love:

Hubby has a bad stomach bug so I went by myself to the last class but all the people in the class were so nice and chatted with me while we were in the elevator, etc. I did miss that he wasn't there because the last part of class was about the SO's giving their partners a massage so I got one from the instructor though. I did gave our instructor a box of See's chocolates as a thanks to her for such a wonderful class. :bigsmile: I talked to her about other classes I might take and she told me not to bother with baby basics, she said it was a class for people who never have really been around babies so the only class I need to take is breastfeeding, yay!!!

This weekend I have a few birthday parties to attend. I also have to return some maternity clothes that don't fit; I realized I sooooo don't like shopping for maternity clothes. oh well. Nothing else too exciting going on. Have a great weekend beautiful preggos!!!! I am looking forward to DEELIGHTs, TIFFANYTWISTED, and MISCKAs birthing story and pics if they pop in here or decide to share. :D

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - That is a bummer about the BOB and the coupon! We took a baby care class, and did pick some things up - but then again we'd never really been around babies - but I don't feel like it gave me anything that I couldn't get by having a baby book around as reference. I did not take a BFing class, figuring that I had a good supportive system and reading material if I had issues, and then it was surprisingly hellish for a couple of weeks. Especially because you'll have twins, I think it's best to go into it with all of the knowledge possible!

RT - Hope that everything tests out well and that you get to go home relatively soon!

Kay - my vote is on Veronica! One of my favorite boy names also can lend to a nickname that I'm not wild about, so I get where you're coming from there. My guess is that if you pre-emptively come up with a nickname that you like more (Vera??) and occasionally use that, then other people who are big on nicknames might take the hint... I hope, because that's what we're doing if we go with Edmund!

LV - Thank you, that is a really sweet offer! Did it work okay for you? And did you put in all of the time that it asks for? My concern is that it "requires" about 45 minutes a day for something like 3 months, and I would hate to put in all that time and not have it work.

Cake Muffin - That's really rough about the neighbor! I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I do know that if - say - a tree falls on your house, then you are responsible for putting a tarp over the damage to protect it from the elements, and contacting the appropriate people to take care of it. And if you don't, then insurance could cover the damage that was immediately caused by the tree but not the damage that comes from having a gaping hole in your house for a couple of months before you feel like getting off your butt and taking care of it. My guess is that you would be responsible for some of the cost and that she would be responsible for some of the cost, but I have no idea how you would break down responsibilities. Plus if she is the type who would take you to small claims court, then even though (IMO) you didn't owe the full $400, it might be worth the - I dunno, $200 - to avoid the aggrevation of going to court over it.

Tao - I can't believe that it is so soon for you! It seems like yesterday that you announced that you were pregnant!

Jennifer - I will definitely take a look at that, and may hit you up for some recommendations as our trip gets closer. Thanks!

AFM - I just cleaned out my closet and dresser, which should hopefully make getting dressed in the morning easier. I also want to shuffle some things between various closets, the nursery (which is currently a dumping ground), and the attic, but I just had to take a break. We've also been trying to figure out birth classes. The midwife I saw last week really recommended Bradley or Brio, but I am having problems getting my husband to commit to 12 weeks of classes - and because it is 12 weeks of class, we would need to figure something out relatively soon. We just did one last time that lasted a total of two afternoons, and I think he was thinking that we could do even less this time as we've BTDT.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Final verdict: Mild preeclampsia. Stuck in the hospital until Monday. Full bedrest. 2 doctor appts. a week. Will be induced at 37 weeks (May 7) if I make it that far; earlier if protein in my urine elevates. Getting steroid shots to develop Cayden's lungs faster in the event of an early delivery. Ultrasound on Monday morning to make sure everything is ok.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
RT, how upsetting! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with these complications but I'm glad you're in good care. The important thing is that Cayden and you are healthy and stay that way. I know it stinks to be in the hospital now and bed rest is no fun but in the end it will all be worth it! Hugs hun! Hang in there

Blen, sounds like you're getting some good stuff done this weekend. I hope you decide on a birthing class that works great for you and your DH!

Skippy, I'm sorry to hear your DH got that bug! I hope he gets well soon and that YOU don't get it! Bummer about REI not taking that coupon on strollers now! Hope you have/had fun at your bday parties this weekend and that maternity clothes shopping goes well!

kay, I'm impressed with your limited weight gain! I'm already up 12 lbs and I'm 6 weeks behind you. I vote for Veronica as well! It's a great name and like Blen said, you can come up with other nick names you prefer if you want. I also love the name Lauren. Addison and Maddison seem quite popular now so if I were you I'd go with one of the others. Whatever you decide will be great though!

AFM: DD has NOT been sleeping well and it's weighing on me big time. I'm going to have to have her CIO again which is no fun but I just cannot take it any more. She's gotten too used to seeing me if she cries at night now that she no longer puts herself back to bed if she wakes since it's more fun to get to snuggle with mom for a bit... I really hope we can get her back on track because Mama needs her sleep!! I know I wont get any once baby boy gets here so I value it very highly now! Nothing else to report. Hope you're all well!

Mrs

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
random_thought|1301197920|2880952 said:
Final verdict: Mild preeclampsia. Stuck in the hospital until Monday. Full bedrest. 2 doctor appts. a week. Will be induced at 37 weeks (May 7) if I make it that far; earlier if protein in my urine elevates. Getting steroid shots to develop Cayden's lungs faster in the event of an early delivery. Ultrasound on Monday morning to make sure everything is ok.

RT, i'm sorry to hear about this, but whatever it takes for the little one to come out nice and safe and healthy.... I too am on the twice weekly appointments because I only have one kidney and they want to monitor me closely. It sucks, but it has to be done. I hope you have some good books or movies that can keep you occupied!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! Everything is well with baby Ethan and me... My belly is growing nicely, and I feel huge, but everyone who sees me IRL says "Oh my god, you're 31 weeks?! You look so tiny!" (Referring to my belly, not my butt or thighs! :wink2: ) I have started swimming since it's the only exercise I can do anymore because I have to try to stay off my feet as much as possible. It's quite funny, because all I own are bikinis! What a sight! :cheeky:

Hope all is well with all of you!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Quick drop by (I'm studying for huge test that costs me $1600 if I fail and goes on my permanent record...), but wanted to send good wishes to RT. So sorry to hear about your troubles! Most important thing is that it sounds like you are getting good care and being monitored appropriately...Preeclampsia is scary stuff. Hope Cayden stays put for another month or so!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
RT: I'm so sorry for the news you just received---and don't worry about work while you are on bed rest!

Blen: After your last birthing experience, I figured you could teach a class!!

Tuckins: I wish I was brave enough to go swimming in public while pregnant!

Hi to everyone else I missed!!

I'm still pregnant! Some period like cramps every once in awhile but nothing crazy going on. I *think* I lost a bit of my plug this morning...nothing bloody though, just snotty looking. haha.

Right now is probably not the best time to go into labor though---Evan is having a bit of diarrhea as is my husband (I'm thinking whatever I went through last week was probably not pregnancy related like I thought...must have been a bug I passed along). So I'm trying to take care of my two boys (men are such babies when it comes to being sick!).

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
RT - I'm so sorry! That is really scary. I hope that he can keep baking for a good while longer!

Tuckins - Oh, swimming sounds wonderful. Rock that bikini!

Tao - I hope that everyone gets well super soon and that you can then go into labor worry-free! And given that I was not able to correctly identify when I was in transition last time or identify regular, close contractions - we called the midwife over for other reasons and then she told me that I was 9 cm dilated - I think classes could be useful. :lol:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I swear im going to post a preggo pic.....hope everyone had a good weekend!
RT: I hope everything turns out ok. My BP was very very elavated in the beginning, putting my doc on alert, but it has since calmed down. I can't imagine being on rest for the next few weeks could be any fun :knockout: hope you find ways to entertain yourself.
Skippy: totally, 100% agree I do not enjoy mat clothes shopping...or any clothes shopping right about now! I have a fllat butt, so everrything makes me have a diaper butt. And I swear, does everything HAVE to have a bow that ties in back? I feel like everthing I find is for yoga or too casual...grrrr. glad you enjoyed your classes...and hey, at least u still got a massage! As for my uterus, he basically said, "feel right here. That's your uterus." Haha...it was more firm than the rest of my belly.
Blen: your bump is too cute. Yes, she really did offer to babysit. Im sure we will consider her services, as it would be wonderful to have the flexibility. DHs family is close, so while I wouldn't be able to ask my family, its normal in his. I wouldn't think twice if it were one of our moms, but I dunno, I have to adjust to the idea of anyone watching the baby I guess. His cousin watches her brother's son 2 days a week, but he is 5. I know she wouldn't offer if she didn't want to, and its way better than us having to seek out a stranger, but we'll see.
Cupcake: do you own or rent? I would think insurance (homeowners or renters) should cover that. If you rent, have you spoken with your landlord?Sorry she has caused this dumb headache!
Mrs: uggggh to the bug you guys caught! Being sick and pregnant is the pits. And now no sleep...you poor thing. I dont even know you and i want to come over for a night just to give you a full night of sleep! I hope it gets better. We have time to figure out childcare, I guess im just happy to know we have this option. Its hard, since I know DH is all for it (her watching the baby.)
Kay: hhmmmm...those names are all cute! I like Lauren and Vanessa....I can just imagine a little girl called "V"...which I don't know if that helps or hinders or your decision!
Basil: good luck! I bet you do great on the test.
DC: no broken ground yet...that we know of. They were supposed to dig last either, but it rained. Hoping either they dug a day later, or will be digging this week. My doctor bet me im not in the house by July, I told him there is no messing with this pregnant woman and her house! Im so anxious to move in already!
Tao: here's wishing you a week containing a new bundle of joy with a fuzzy, full head of baby hair :)

AFM: not much new. I maaaaaaaaay be feeling little movements, but cant be sure yet. No puking or nausea in almost a week....knock on wood! Got some new clothes last week, and then we got snow again :confused: so I can't wear them yet. I cannot believe im 16 weeks tomorrow...the time is flying, and will only start going faster....eeek!

Have a great week, lovely ladies!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! :wavey:

RT: So sorry about the pre-e, take it easy and trust in your caregivers is all you can do.
Basil: Good luck on the test!
Charbie: 16 weeks already? Time does fly!
Kay: I love Veronica, but like you hated Ronnie which is why we nixed it from our own list. I like Lauren a lot too!
Tao: Sounds like it will be pretty soon!
Tuckins: I replied to your thread about Evil Crotch Pain!
Mrs: Hunter has also been sleeping poorly. We believe he is teething his molars and so have been giving him a dose of tylenol before bed most nights. I think he also has bad dreams sometimes. We have not done CIO because I think there are good reasons for his wakings, but I feel your pain. He has good weeks and bad. But we find the tylenol really helps. Have you tried that?
Skippy: I think a BFing class would be a nice thing, if for no other reason than it might allow you to know that it is really hard the first two weeks ;)) Otherwise, I sort of thing a class on that is pointless, like a class where you sit in a chair and they try to teach you to ride a bike -- you really have to do it to learn. Rather than a class, I would personally invest in a private lactation consultant to come to your home every day for the first week of BFing! That would be MUCH more useful!
Blen: Good for you on the relatively slow weight gain! I am gaining about the same as last pregnancy so far and have resigned myself to it! haha ETA: We are not doing classes this time around, they were not helpful enough the first time. But I do plan to discuss labour in greater detail with my midwives now that I know what to expect. My last midwife was not very hands on in labour, I think partly because of her personality and partly because of a miscommunication on my part of what I wanted, but now I know wha tI want and plan to tell them :bigsmile: I am hoping for a lot of hands on guidance in different methods of pain management. I did not really make a birth plan last time, either, but might this time. A few things happened that I would like to happen differently if possible this time (knowing of course that most things are uncontrollable) -- I would like baby on my chest after birth, DH would like to cut the cord, I don't want the Vit K eye creams given immediately, I want BFing established well before the midwives leave us... little things I guess.

Hello to all the other lovelies I missed!

AFM trucking along at 24 weeks. Still feeling pretty good (knock wood), but that was the same in my last pregnancy so I am not counting any chickens. Still, its nice to feel sprightly and healthy even this far along! I am *just* getting to the point where my belly is getting uncomfortable some times, and some minor swelling occassionally, but nothing too major. I am enjoying the perk of the second trimester that I enjoyed last time too -- much increased libido 8) DH is happy as well.

We have, I think, settled on a boy's name now too! Very happy to report. It is a little unusual and hippie-like (as are we), but we both like it a lot: River. His middle name our be my maiden name, same as Hunter. So in a few months either a Willow or a River will be joining our family!

Going to do the GD screen in a week or so :knockout: Hopefully no false positive this time.

This coming week is my last week of teaching too! :appl: After that just some marking and writing to do before the baby comes. I am lucky in this job, no doubt ;)) I have two manuscripts I want to submit before labour, and need to help prepare my two graduate students to defend their thesis proposals in June, but otherwise no other work between April 1 and the baby's due date! Woo hoo!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer- I really like Willow and River! Really sweet names!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Tuchins, glad to hear you're doing well! I'm so impressed that you're baring all in a bikini - I bet you look great! I wish I were that confidant. That's wonderful that you're staying active!

basil, good luck on your test!!

Tao So sorry to hear your boys aren't feeling well. I hope they get better soon so that you can go in to labor without worrying about them!

Charbie, you're so sweet - thanks for the sympathy! I'm feeing better today after two relatively good nights of sleep. yay for possibly feeling movement!! And YAY for no nausea or puking for a week - I really hope it's gone for good!!

DD, I'm glad to know you're well but sorry to hear Hunter hasn't been sleeping well. I hadn't thought about the problem potentially being teething! Sage has always been a pretty easy teether but I'll keep that in mind - thanks for the tylenol suggestion. River and Willow are GREAT names - I think they both strike the perfect balance you were looking for. I'm so glad you've come to a decision and can stop worrying about it. That's wonderful that this is your last week of teaching! I'm jealous about your libido! I experienced an increase in mine last time and loved it but this time, even though I HAVE felt the urge more often than I normally do, I'm just too tired to want to act on it much. My poor DH... Hope you enjoy it for a while longer!!

RT, how are you doing? I hope things are looking up for you!

Hi to everyone else

AFM: DD has been sleeping better. I had a serious talk with her about night time sleep the other day and put a toy that lights up in her crib should she wake up and not be able to sleep so that she can use it to find her pacifier or play a bit. It's kind of tricky to turn on in the dark but I think just having it with her makes her feel a little more secure. She STTN that night (woke up but was able to get back to sleep without me) and only had one wake up last night that required my response so hopefully we're moving in the right direction. I forget that she really DOES respond well at night when I simply talk to her about it during the day so I need to do that more.

Nothing else to report really. The little boy continues to be very active and I'm getting bigger but still feel relatively well. The sciatic pain comes and goes but isn't bad now. I hope it stays that way.

I've been watching that Lifetime show, One Born Every Minute, and it makes me cry every time a baby is born. I'm so excited to experience that again! It's got to be the most amazing thing ever - to meet this little person who you know will change your life (mostly for the better :) forever...

Anyway I hope you're all well!

Mrs

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kindness and wishes! Things are starting to look up (well as much as they can). My mother is flying out on April 10 or so to help me out for 3 weeks. Cayden's crib converts into a full size bed and he is sleeping in his bassinet for the first few months after he gets here at the least. So my parents are buying the full size mattress to go with it so my mom and dh's mom has a place to sleep when they come to visit. My mom also just sent me a pregnancy body pillow in the mail so I wouldn't be so uncomfortable at night! And the big one- my parents are covering my missed salary for bed rest until the baby comes (I guess they have an emergency fund and this qualifies as an emergency). Also Dh's mom will be coming out to help after my mom leaves until Cayden is born. They are planning to induce me on May 7 at 37 weeks if we make it that far (and I really really hope we make it that far!!!) So thank you thank you for all the positive energy and thoughts and prayers. It has really made the world of difference to know that so many people out there are pulling for me and my family!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results