shape
carat
color
clarity

Book suggestions

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
We're just starting to TTC...are there any books (or other resources) you suggest I read to prepare for trying to get pregnant / being pregnant?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
CenSq, If you haven't gotten the suggestion from the TTC thread, Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF) is great to understand the whole "getting pregnant" process. It's a lot of great information in there, but don't take it as Bible truth. Every woman is different and you'll find what works for you.
I've read a fair amount of pregnancy books, they're all pretty much the same. I just finished reading The Joy of Pregnancy and Mommie Docs. Both were good and very informative regarding the whole, "OK, I'm pregnant, now what?" Panic-free Pregnancy was suggested by some of the other ladies here and it's pretty decent explaining what are superstition/old wives tales and what is an actual risk to pregnancy. But the author also makes no bones about his opinions. Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy was also a quick read, more to do with the "weird symptoms/is this normal" stuff. E.g. gassy-ness, boobs growing, breast feeding etc.

Thus far I found the BEST resource are the PS threads here, as many of the PS mamas are very savvy and helpful.

~LC

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Two I've liked and felt were informative and educational are:

Pushed by Jennifer Block
Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth

Mothering.com is also another forum I've found to be a great resource.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1313383113|2991019 said:
Two I've liked and felt were informative and educational are:

Pushed by Jennifer Block
Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth

Mothering.com is also another forum I've found to be a great resource.

Thanks - these look like good resources!

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
There are a few chapters at the beginning of What to Expect When You Are Expecting that cover pre-pregnancy.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
zipzapgirl|1313595473|2992612 said:
There are a few chapters at the beginning of What to Expect When You Are Expecting that cover pre-pregnancy.

Thanks - I've heard a lot about that book!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results