shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Finally got around to mostly completing the nursery. LO is 8wks... :oops: We did an airplane theme for our son. I made the curtains on the window and the closet curtains. I had to take the doors off the closet to "open" the room up a little bit. I'm not too happy with how the closet curtains look, so I'll start looking for another fabric to coordinate. Confession: the futon is really covered in the yellow fabric, I just draped it. I have yet to make that cover....

P1020120.jpg

P1020121.jpg

P1020122.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I like the airplanes, LC! My brother had airplanes in his room at one point, too. Jealous of your sewing skills - I wish I had a machine so I could practice!

I just realized that I never posted my nursery pics here! This is my son Weston's room. These pictures do not show the shag rug I bought for the middle of the floor. We are still finishing a few things (I have a shelf to go over the bookcase and I need to frame some pictures) but the little guy is now 6 weeks old and he sleeps in here every night. He is the best thing about the room. :wink2:

Here's the view from the door.
view%20from%20door.jpg

My glider and the vinyl tree decal in the corner.
tree%20on%20wall.jpg

Dresser and changing table. The deer on the dresser were my childhood toys, and the lamp on the dresser was my husband's nursery lamp!
dresser%20and%20changing%20table.jpg

Weston's crib.
crib.jpg

Bookshelf and closet. He's growing out of those little newborn and 0-3 outfits WAY too fast. :((
closet%20and%20book%20shelf.jpg

Made this mobile to go over the changing table, hopefully it will not become a future pee target.
mobile.jpg

Little stinker who sleeps here:
weston.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LC, your nursery looks great! I kind of like the green closet curtain--it's a nice pop of color!

MQ, yours looks awesome too! You're so creative, I love the mobile and the theme in general. Just lovely!

I haven't done any work on mine for the past couple weeks. I set a deadline of May 1 for everything to be complete. I *think* we'll make it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LC, MQ and NEL, wow, your nurseries look great!!!! :love: :appl:

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
I love baby nurseries! Yours are all so cute :appl:

Here's my son's...even tho he just turned a year old :lol:

GN1_opt.jpg

GN2_opt.jpg

GN3.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful nurseries Mannequin and newjewels!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Newjewels, where did you get your bedding and accessories from? I love the colors!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1336496855|3190172 said:
Newjewels, where did you get your bedding and accessories from? I love the colors!

And the pillow! Where did you get that?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still working on our nursery, although I am 37 weeks along! Eek! My husband is building the changing table and it will be completed soon. That is really the only piece of furniture that is missing. Here are some pics of our progress so far. I just installed the paper lanterns this week...I love them! The switchplate covers and knobs for the changing table (it will have 3 drawers and one cabinet) were ordered from Anthropologie. The window panels are from Pier One and were the first textile I fell in love with for the room so I based everything off them.

Nurserylanterns002.jpg

nurseryknobs2.jpg

nurseryswitchplateowl.jpg

nurseryswitchplate1.jpg

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Monarch, I love your nursery colors! So pretty...aren't paper lanterns just the best?! I made my hubby scale the tall palm trees in our backyard to hang paper lanterns for our daughters first Bday party (hula theme). They are a great touch in many settings, IMHO :lol:

Lizzy and amc, I got all my nursery stuff (except furniture) from etsy! What did I do before etsy?? I couldn't find nursery bedding I liked in the colors I wanted for baby #2's nursery (boy), so I found a custom bedding shop on etsy: RockyTopDesign. Jayna was super sweet and did a great job. Told her I wanted orange and gray and she came up with various fabric options for me to choose from. Then we mixed and matched, I found a few more fabrics on my own and decided to add in some aqua, and she did the rest! I love the quilt she made so much!

Then I found those appliqued personalized pillows in another etsy shop, southernsassypants. I actually sent her the fabrics to use and she made the pillow (along with matching minky blanket for son, and toddler pillow/minky blanket for my daughter).

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Here's my first baby's nursery, too...from 2009. Wow!

I recycled the glider into baby 2's room (got new slipcover from PB). Canvas prints in both rooms from Avalisa.

4683_1151024490665_1079205411_445713_1164395_n[1].jpg

4683_1151024530666_1079205411_445714_5351250_n[1].jpg

4683_1151024570667_1079205411_445715_223984_n[1].jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewJewels, your nurseries are gorgeous! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Monarch & Newjewels- Your nurseries are GORGEOUS!!! So pretty!!! :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewJewel and Monarch those are wonderful nurseries!!! :love: :appl:

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to all the new moms!!! From paging thru the PG thread, it seems several new PS babies have arrived, and more are soon to join them :appl:

Would love to see pics of all the new nurseries, too. (If u get a chance to post pics in all your spare time, HA!!!)

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
We were lucky enough to be chosen to go on a design tv show and our nursery was designed and put together by a pretty famous Canadian designer - Sarah Richardson.

The show aired yesterday in Canada so I can post pics now!

This is where baby Luca (sometimes) rests his little head.

nnafter.jpg

nnafter2.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
MuffDog - I'm so envious! Sarah Richardson & Candice Olson are my two favorites on HGTV. What a stunning nursery. So elegant, but fun with that pop of green.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Yay Muff, I'm so glad you were finally able to post a picture of this mysterious nursery! Hope you and baby Luca are doing well!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
parrot tulips|1342069653|3232709 said:
MuffDog - I'm so envious! Sarah Richardson & Candice Olson are my two favorites on HGTV. What a stunning nursery. So elegant, but fun with that pop of green.
Mine too!

Gorgeous, love the safari theme!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! What beautiful nurseries!!!!

Muffdog--I'm in love with Luca's nursery! Green is my favorite color, and my own nursery was green (as was my baby blanket) so I've been trying to convince DH that green accents can be beautiful. I can't wait to show him pictures of your amazing room!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Muff, I've got to ask because I've always wondered- when you are on these shows, I'm assuming they pay for everything? Some of them will have the homeowners talk about their budget, but I've always wondered if they actually have to pay anything.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Muff, your nursery is just DARLING! They did a fabulous job. Are you guys happy with the results?? What a lovely space for your little Luca.

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Wow, MD that is so COOL!!!

Congrats, she did a great job. Your nursery is breathtaking. Hope you all enjoy :love:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Warning: The next few posts will be photo overload. I need something to do while I wait for this baby to evacuate :cheeky:

We purchased our home a few years ago and the now-nursery was a horrible, bright blue kid's room. We've did a temporary fix- ripping up carpet, re-painting, and then a few months ago had our floors refinished, put in new windows, new doors & trim, and turned this room into our baby girl's nursery. I can't wait for her to grow up and use this space... but first she needs to be born!

nursery1.jpg

_259.jpg

nursery3.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
A few more views. All of our furniture is from Ikea. I'm happy with it, overall. We saved a ton of money and the furniture fits in our small space better than lots of the huuuge nursery sets from regular baby furniture stores.

1_closet_view.jpg

door_view.jpg

_262.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I crafted much of what's in the room. I sewed the crib skirt, her quilt, a little pillow, and a little elephant. I also made two little elephant paintings that we placed on either side of her mirror and her mobile. I am no crafty professional, but it was fun to pick up these little projects. ...Not so sure I'd do this again if we have another child ::)

_263.jpg

mobile.jpg

painting1.jpg

painting2.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, PPM!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Muff- so happy to finally see the room! It's incredible! I'm in love with the zebra wallpaper. It's perfect.

PPM- you did a great job on the makeover! Your nursery is so adorable. Where did you get the mirror above the dresser? Also, love all of your crafts! I'm too impatient.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results