shape
carat
color
clarity

While the Cat Lovers Are Away...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of our fine PSers are cat lovers who happen to be in Vegas getting into much blingy trouble. So here's some brightly colored bling for those who chose not to go in for all that debauchery (in other words, for those of us who don't get to have that awesome fun at the PS get together :(sad ). I thought it was about time that a few of my stones saw the light of day. :))

gem_family_1_5-30_preview.jpg

gem_family_2_5-30_preview.jpg

trillion_tsav_1_5-30_preview.jpg

round_merelani_1_5-30_preview.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So years ago, I bought a yellow zircon from Barry Bridgestock. I can't seem to find just the right setting for it, so its been hanging out with me. I love it. Its light and bright and lemony. Barry told me that his wife covets few of his stones, but this is one she wanted - why he put it up for sale I do not know, I just know I'm happy he did!

Plus, a trillion Merelani I picked up somewhere along the way.

bb_zircon_1_5-30_preview.jpg

bb_zircon_2_5-30_preview.jpg

bb_zircon_3_5-30_preview.jpg

trillion_merelani_5-30_preview.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Funny you should mention this, especially in light of your gem pics...I happened to get to go to the JCK show (I live in Vegas) and was specifically looking for mints and tsavs. Your merelani mint round is EXACTLY what I was looking for - but I couldn't find both the size and saturation in the cut I wanted.

If you ever decide to part with yours please let me know, I'm so jealous of it!! Your collection is, of course, stunning :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this thing for blue tourmalines and years ago, went on a search for a tourmaline of a certain blue. I um, acquired more than I care to admit sold a few and kept a few. This is one Jim Rentfrow cut for me. Its a long asscher, about 3 carats. I couldn't bring myself to part with it, though I've realized that stones this large are not really my thing - go figure!

blue_tourm_4_5-30_preview.jpg

blue_tourm_3_5-30_preview.jpg

blue_tourm_2_5-30_preview.jpg

blue_tourm_1_5-30_preview.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Katharath! I might just have an idea for you of where to get one (note to Mods: I'm not talking about any that I own, just a thought on a vendor)! We are in some of the same FB groups, so if you would like, feel free to contact me ;))

Okay, next up: who can resist a chrysoberyl? This one isn't so big, but it kept shouting at me for attention when I was taking pics of the others (you know how immature chrysos can be :roll: ). This is a 1.3 ct tanzanian chryso from Tan. Again, I've had it for a while. I absolutely and wholeheartedly blame my "thing" for chrysos on TL. It is ALL her fault. :bigsmile:

ETA: forgive the extremely dry hands - I'm a gardener.

chryso_trillion_1_5-30_preview.jpg

chryso_trillion_2_5-30_preview.jpg

chryso_trillion_3_5-30_preview.jpg

chryso_trillion_4_5-30_preview.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a Roger Dery Merelani Mint. A little over 2 cts, I want to call this an asscher, but I know that's wrong, so I just call it my square one. ;))

rd_merelani_4_overcast_pm_5-30_preview.jpg

rd_merelani_mint_1_overcast_pm_5-30_preview.jpg

rd_merelani_2_overcast_pm_5-30_preview.jpg

rd_merelani_3_overcast_pm_5-30_preview.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he - not all of us cat lovers are there! >^..^<

Lovely eye candy - thanks for sharing!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Made my day to see these pretties... and I gotta say, the Roger Dery Merelani step-cut is just stupendous - be still my heart!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ecf and Marymm! Step cut! Yes!!! Thank you so much, Marymm. Elle W periodically tells me the name and then I forget again...its hard have a sieve-like memory.

Anyway, last for now: a Namibian Spessartite and *cough, cough, some more grossulars, cough, cough*

trillion_twins_1_5-30_preview.jpg

trillion_twins_2_5-30_preview.jpg

namibian_spess_round_2_5-30_preview.jpg

namibian_spess_round_1_preview.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
These are so beautiful it kills me! I will try to email you for any tips you might have for me re: mints - yours are breathtaking. I also love your blue tourmaline, OMG. Gorgeous!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! :shock:

Those are so gorgeous, I can't stand it! :wall:

The tourmaline is stunning, I don't think I've even seen one before! :love: :love: The "square step cut" is shockingly lovely. :-o

I want them all! =) :mrgreen: I'm jelling, seriously.

I know you are just showing them to everyone before sending them to me, Minous, I guess I don't mind sharing this teensy bit. Very nice. Now pack them in a sturdy box and send them to me, post haste! :bigsmile:

Seriously, though, Minous, beauties, all of them! :clap:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1433122084|3883489 said:
Holy moly! :shock:

Those are so gorgeous, I can't stand it! :wall:

The tourmaline is stunning, I don't think I've even seen one before! :love: :love: The "square step cut" is shockingly lovely. :-o

I want them all! =) :mrgreen: I'm jelling, seriously.

I know you are just showing them to everyone before sending them to me, Minous, I guess I don't mind sharing this teensy bit. Very nice. Now pack them in a sturdy box and send them to me, post haste! :bigsmile:

Seriously, though, Minous, beauties, all of them! :clap:

iLander, since you and I go way back, and I have been patiently waiting for you to send me a few of your stones and rings (some rubies come to mind and perhaps a sapphire or two), I will suggest that I generously send them to you once their um, "Florida cousins" come out for a visit. :whistle:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! :love: :love:

What a beautiful collection - I like the trapiche too.....

Is the small cushion your killer alex???

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1433129390|3883525 said:
I like the trapiche too.....

Is the small cushion your killer alex???

Ha ha, Marlow, you miss nothing! I'll post better pics of the trapiche tomorrow.

As for that little cushion - no, its not the alex. That little one is a Sri Lankan sapphire well under 1 ct (maybe .85? I can't remember). Anyway, it is, and always has been, pink. But it wasn't until I took it out of the bank to take photos on this overcast day that I realized it is a color shift stone, as it was completely lavender purple. I'll try and get photos showing the difference tomorrow. Its so funny when you think you know your stones and then they completely surprise you!

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Nice garnets!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aw, now THIS is why I've been trying to stay away from PS!!! Too much temptation! Bad minous.. :naughty:

PS not all the cat lovers are away.. some of us are just lurking..
549369_10100914886307305_1032233291_n.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing stone collection!! :love: :love: :love:
Thanks for sharing. Do you have plans setting them and what are your favourites?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gem collection! :love: Thank you for sharing these with us. :appl:
-from another cat lover who is not at the GTG (but wishes she could be!).

_30743.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing collection minou! They are all beautiful but I especially love your Roger Dery meralani mint. And that spess! :love:

ETA- and your Barry zircon! And the blue tourm.. Okay I love them all!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such lovely eye candy! Your collection is beyond beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No wonder you are getting rid of some nice looking CS - these are even better! You've been a good Kitty, Minou. :cheeky:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1433137407|3883557 said:
aw, now THIS is why I've been trying to stay away from PS!!! Too much temptation! Bad minous.. :naughty:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beautiful stones minous!

I feel like I have a 70lb cat sometimes. She's a greyhound, they can sometimes straddle the line. ;-) We didn't go to the show either but we did go skydiving (that was a blast, I highly recommend it!)

diamontelove

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is pretty! Love the yellow

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1433137407|3883557 said:

Best. Photo. Ever. :appl: :appl:

This one made me laugh so hard, Mochiko! By any chance is that your cat? If so, you are wonderfully created with the accessories!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the comments, truly. Its funny, I really don't view these as my collection, just some stones I have while I continue to search for my holy grail stones. Its funny how we can visualize a certain perfect stone in our heads so we go out in search of it - or at least I do. When I think I've found it, I pounce. But then I continue to pounce every time I find another that is even closer to what I imagine. So after a while, I have, ahem, like many of us, a few too many (though some might argue its never too many)!

Missy, your little guy in the window blinds is one of the reasons when I first came here, I stuck around! You have the quite the cat collection - and you should be proud. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Arc, skydiving?!! I am immensely impressed. I truly believe that if I were to attempt it, I would pass out or have a heart attack jumping out of the plane. Can't. Even. Imagine. :o

Marlow: here you go. Trapiche and some quick snaps this am (its actually raining here today so no outside shots) of the little sapphire with the more normal color. Sorry the photo quality is so shoddy, but apparently, we have bad lighting in the house.

trapiche_6-1_preview.jpg

lil_pink_sapph_2_6-1_preview.jpg

lil_pink_sapph_1_6-1_preview.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
:love:

Interesting trapiche - at 7 and 1 o'clock it looks like a heart!!

At seven the spoke is twinned?? Very nice!! I love trapiche emeralds!! Do you see a weak cat eye on the spokes??

Your whole collection is gorgous!!! :appl: :appl:

In three weeks is St. Marie aux Mines in France!!! The whole village is a gem show!!!

Hope to find some fine and rare gems for my collection!! Maybe a sapphire from France...

http://www.sainte-marie-mineral.com/english/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results