shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these yellow sapphires?

Coralkey

Rough_Rock
Hi! I need some unbiased opinions about these stones. I posted these on my original thread about sapphires, but I thought a new post would get more attention, I don't mean to spam the board lol.
img_20170104_215933_118.jpg
This one is 3.96 cts, 9.2x8mm
img_20170104_215929_299_4.jpg
Left to right, 4.20cts 8.5mm square cushion, 2.15ct radiant 7.2x6.8mm, 1.71ct square cushion 6.5mm

Here's a video of the 3 stones https://youtu.be/7gr85yj2NJw/url] ...about them. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smallest cushion seems the best cut and the color you want.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah - the big radient looks like it might be windowed in that first pic, as does the smaller radient in the second pic. The large cushion also looks like a wonky cut.

Is the smaller cushion even a contender given the size you are aiming for?

Coralkey

Rough_Rock
I honestly thought the smaller one was the best looking, but I thought there might be something in the others I was't seeing. And you're right, It's small for what I'm looking for. If the dimensions were larger, it would be perfect. Thank you for your input everyone :) The search continues...

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It sounds like your eye is good!

At one point I recall you were considering chrysoberyl too.. No luck on that front either?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Coralkey

Rough_Rock
I actually saw that chrysoberyl a few weeks ago and thought it was so beautiful, I'm surprised it's still available. I just thought it might be a little big. Im a jeans and tee shirt kind of lady, a large stone like that might look out of place and ostentatious on me.http://imgur.com/a/Bd6cX
This morganite is 8x8mm, my ring size is an 8. I don't know that I should go much bigger than a stone this size. Or am I just over thinking it?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you're over thinking it a bit. Your fingers, though not huge at all, would not be overwhelmed by the size of that chrysoberyl. Also, you can get away with wearing larger colored stones (vs diamonds). Lastly, it's better to go bigger than smaller as stones shrink ad you wear them ;-). Youll get used to wearing any size honestly. I wear a 12mm round with jeans and a t. :)

If it were me though I'd probably do a three stone ring with that big chrysobery not a pace setting. The pick you shared makes a more simple setting look really great on your hand.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for the chrysoberyl. None of the sapphires wowed me, probably due to the poor cutting.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the chrysoberyl! It isn't too big - it is a good size for your finger and it's a gorgeous stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the size stone compared to an 8mm round on a size 8
I think get two small side cushions and rock it as a three stone, that's my vote.

picsart_01-12-09.jpg

Coralkey

Rough_Rock
Niel that's a neat ring tool, and extremely helpful. I emailed minoubijoux0 about the stone, I'm just waiting to hear back.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW I much prefer the square shape and the pale yellow color of the smaller yellow sapphire cushion. The chrysoberyl is nice too but I'm not as fond as greenish yellow or rectangle cushions ... of course these are my personal preferences and YMMV.

OP, I encourage you to go with your gut instinct; it is usually right - and really you can't go wrong with either stone.

Coralkey

Rough_Rock
That chrysoberyl stone looks very yellow, but a lot of the chrysoberyl stones I be seen have some green. Im really concerned about green in the stone. Based on what you all can see, should I be worried about it? I asked for more pics, I'm just waiting on them now

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask her truthfully in sure she'll be honest. And set it in white metal.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coralkey|1484357865|4115164 said:
I was thinking unplated white gold, I like the warmth
I remember. That I think would be fine I'm just saying you wouldn't want to use yellow gold in the basket.

Coralkey

Rough_Rock
I got some more pictures and vids from Minoubijou, and while it is a beautiful stone, the color it didn't hit me in the feels. She was super awesome with all the pics and info, and I thought it would be cool to buy from a PSer, the color just didn't hit home. I really wanted this stone to be the one, it's actually a little heart breaking.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh that's too bad. I'm sorry this is turning out to be such a tough hunt!

Many vendors are heading to Tuscon at the end of the month for a big show. One idea might be the reach out to someone who is going to see if they'd hunt there for you.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well boo.

Has there been any yellow stone that's given you feels?

Coralkey

Rough_Rock

Coralkey

Rough_Rock
Niel, I have a question for you. That image you posted of what the size of a stone would look like in a ring of a particular size, where did you find that tool? It would be helpful to have something like that at my disposal

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This site does not let me send a link but if you want to message me via loupe Troup I can shoot it over

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
That chrysoberyl is absolutely stunning! I urge you to get that one before someone snaps it up! :love: :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1484230570|4114691 said:
Here's the size stone compared to an 8mm round on a size 8
I think get two small side cushions and rock it as a three stone, that's my vote.

Where did you get the size comparison pictures?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results