shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite Ring Journey

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost three years ago, MakingTheGrade bought a beautiful green stone. But she's a fan of darker greens, so she returned it. Luckily I managed to swoop in there and grab it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-barry-tsavorite.147801/

It's 6.5mm, 1.23ct cut by Barry Bridgestock.

As you can tell from the above thread, PSers were inclined to call it a mint garnet rather than a tsavorite because it's medium rather than medium-dark, which is the trade ideal.

I got it after MTG returned it to Barry. And it's my ideal tsavorite color. Medium green, slight shift from yellow-green to blue-green. My husband saw it, and being the comic book nerd he is, he influenced me to name it "Green Goblin" because it's so.freaking.green.

And I set it in a secondhand baguette setting. But I never wore it. I felt like it needed a bit more bling - I LOVE green with diamonds. I had some random OEC/single cut melee and baguette diamonds lying around and arranged them in a way I thought was pretty.

So I decided a reset was in order. Of course I went with Daniel M of etsy because they are so great at bringing my ideas to life!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ting-project-hot-pink-violet-or-green.185782/

Ultimately I went with my husband's choice, Green Goblin, because he said, "it's the brightest color". Plus I never set what his choice is, so I decided I should go with his choice for once.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/126196168

Now for pictures of the whole journey. I have a lot. The pictures in the new setting are the most accurate for color, but don't capture how much this thing glows. Getting green on camera is so hard!

img_9718_freke.jpg

img_9721_freke.jpg

_6008.jpg

img_1859.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These look more yellow than in real life. The old setting.

green_1.jpg

ring_and_wedding_band.jpg

img_889.jpg

_6009.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brainstorming diamond layout...

ETA: Total diamond carat weight is .35. 4 baguettes, 6 rounds. The 4 next to the tsav are about 2.25-2.5 or so and the two single cuts between the baguettes are about 2mm. I believe the baguettes are about 1.5x3mm. They came from a monstrous yellow gold 80s setting that EricaR grabbed from ebay.

_6010.jpg

img_1475.jpg

img_1477.jpg

tsavorite_setting_0.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniel M's CADs

icm_3.jpg

icm_4.jpg

icm_5.jpg

icm_6.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniel M's photos

il_41.jpg

il_42.jpg

il_43.jpg

il_44.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ring size is a 6.25 and it was made in 14kt white gold

tsav_ring12.jpg

tsav_ring11.jpg

tsav_ring10.jpg

tsav_ring9.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More...

tsav_ring_8.jpg

tsav_ring_7.jpg

tsav_ring6.jpg

tsav_ring5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic setting and just simply gorgeous all around. And it's too pretty to be called a goblin, really. :nono: :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited about this project and I love the journey to the finished piece! I've very much appreciated all of the PSer's opinions and help along the way. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Thanks for looking!

tsav_ring4.jpg

tsav_ring3.jpg

tsav_ring2.jpg

tsav_ring.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
The new setting is beautiful! It looks fabulous, and I enjoyed the pics detailing its' journey :)

The sparkle is gorgeous, I like that color tsav. Yes, it's lighter than the top color tsavs, but it's nice, garnets have so much sparkle that comes out better with a bit lighter color, which is probably why this one looks so sparkly and beautiful! I love it!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Holy shiz, that garnet is jaw dropping.

Hot damn!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah it turned out beautifully Freke. I absolutely love the setting and it looks great with your other rings! :appl:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

That turned out beautiful. Your design sense is terrific. Really, really beautiful.

Annette

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection! You're lucky I didn't, errr, decide to "borrow" it when you were here. :naughty:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully and it looks so lovely with your stacker bands.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
So glad that you are back! This is such a beauty...this is the perfect shade of green I think, not too dark that you can't see it sparkle, but very brilliant and saturated!! Great setting too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Another YIPPEE here. I really love how you arranged the melee -- never would've come up with putting the diamonds as you did, so artistic! The difference between the old setting & the new is amazing -- you've made the Green Wonder (I just renamed it) into a superstar!

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite. I. Love. It. Like I say, you have a designer's eye; some of my favorite jewelry has been designed by you. :appl: :appl:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Freak! It looks great with the diamond accents and diamond bands too.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Turned out perfectly :appl: :appl: ! Congrats!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love how clean and interesting the new setting is. It definitely fits the stone better. Great job!

Wyntery

Shiny_Rock
I love it Freke! I saw the pictures on Daniel M's Etsy page a couple of days ago and wondered when we'd get the whole story!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, the color is gorgeous! Knowing how hard greens are to capture with a camera I can only imagine how stunning that color is in person :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Nice Gobblin!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh! I love that! :love:

I love the color of the stone, but I especially love the layout of the diamonds with the baguettes! It's so unique, and quite lovely! :appl:

Gorgeous benchwork by DanielM and great layout by you!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do some nice design work, my friend. And that colour tsav is my ideal, too. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results