shape
carat
color
clarity

this a good ruby for a bezel or too dark?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think it might be a little dark for a bezel. You could request for more pictures in different lighting because the lights seem bright. If you did bezel, I''d recommend yellow gold.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there, I find the color a little dull and there is a window to it. I think that it might gets darker if bezeled:)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I find it nice eventhough it looks more like a good rhodolite than a ruby, but that''s probably because I love rhodolites...
1.gif
Anyway, expect it to darken at least slightly once it''s bezeled, but IMO this stone could look really beautiful in a rich shade of yellow gold.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is too dark I''m afraid. If you look at the pointy end of the pear it''s also much darker than the other end. This is quite common with pear shapes but I wouldn''t bezel this stone - it''s pretty though.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The tip end of that stone is blue and so that is why it looks dark. Kind of interesting watching the video and seeing that tip turn blue. I wonder why they don''t mention that ?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the color of that gem and the price, I much rather have a Mahenge spinel. It will be cleaner, better color and cheaper per carat from that same seller.

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much!
That rules that one out... I didn''t even notice the blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results