shape
carat
color
clarity

The cocktail ring to end all cocktail rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Look what I just got in the mail! I wont it for $1300 from Dover jewelry. It is a 2ct emerald and 3 ct diamond halo. I am not usually a "ballerina ring" fan but I just had to have this for the glorious color of the emerald. Imagine my surprise when it arrives and I find it is marked GRAFF inside! Now I''m the proud owner of a ring worthy of being in the royal jewels! I''m taking it to get sized this afternoon but had to take some pics as I will miss it while it''s gone.

graff ring 036.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I apologize if this is too similar to the first pic.

graff ring 041.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Y'all just don't know. This is the perfect ring for just wearing around doing farm chores.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly!!

Its gorgeous.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, it''s gorgeous!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
First... it''s gorgeous! The emerald is fabulous.

Second... that is the bargain to end all bargains. Your heart must have skipped a beat or two when you saw the word Graff!

Lucky, lucky girl - and I LOVE the farmyard setting. I have a particular penchant for geese.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelpie,
Did you contact Graff to see if they had that design at any point in time? I would, since that would help you with appraising/insuring it.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 5:18:05 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Kelpie,

Did you contact Graff to see if they had that design at any point in time? I would, since that would help you with appraising/insuring it.

I haven't. I imagine the ring is from the 50's or 60's and could be a custom job so I don't know what documentation they would have. There is Saks that carries Graff not too far away. Maybe I'll take it in and ask them to look at it. Dover sent an appraisal for 5,300 but if it really is a Graff I bet it could be worth more. The emerald itself is of a quality you can not even find any more, bluish green and just one slight inclusion web by a corner prong. It's really crystal clear otherwise.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 5:30:56 PM
Author: crasru
Wonderful ring! Is Dover jewelry an antique store?

Crasru - they have a web presence for estate jewels and run weekly no reserve ebay auctions. The inventory between the two is usually different. There are some real bargains!

http://stores.ebay.com/doverjewelry
http://www.doverjewelry.com/

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW!!!
30.gif

Can you tell me if you negotiated on price? I am interested in a few pieces on their site....

cheers--Sharon

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 6:14:44 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

WOW!!!
30.gif

Can you tell me if you negotiated on price? I am interested in a few pieces on their site....

Thanks Sharon! I won it in an ebay auction so I didn't negotiate. But I would not be above asking for a discount if I wanted something! The prices are great to start with though so I wouldn't loball.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That is a very nice ring! I''m jealous of all the cool pets you have too. How many do you have?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I guess I have to stop by Dover more often. I''m not a ballerina ring type myself, but I''d sure as heck give that a home any day of the week. It''s gorgeous!

I imagine hits on Dover''s website just went through the roof.

Well done Kelpie, nice find.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 6:40:39 PM
Author: innerkitten
That is a very nice ring! I''m jealous of all the cool pets you have too. How many do you have?
Thank you! Oh geez there are lot of them...2 dogs, cat, donkey, pig, 3 geese, and 20 some chickens. Anyone live in the DC area and want some especially charismatic chickens?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Did some research and Graff has been in business since the 60''s so it is not a 50''s piece.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! That is one great emerald! And the price is unbeatable. It would be very cheap for the setting alone, with all those large diamonds, not to mention the fab emerald.

By the way, please have a gemologist look at the emerald to check for fillers. This will let you know if the stone is particularly fragile.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 8:08:32 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Wow! That is one great emerald! And the price is unbeatable. It would be very cheap for the setting alone, with all those large diamonds, not to mention the fab emerald.

By the way, please have a gemologist look at the emerald to check for fillers. This will let you know if the stone is particularly fragile.
Thanks for the advice! Would that be like the emerald equivalent of laser drilling? It is the cleanest emerald I''ve ever seen by far but I am nervous about it because I cracked an emerald with all my obsessive ultrasonic/steam cleaning. None for this puppy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results