shape
carat
color
clarity

Sunshine on a cloudy day- my spess! (and friends)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great photoshoot. You have to reverse the trend to yellow metal for the spess. I''ve been seeing too many white metals with spessartites (i''m guilty of it too
emembarrassed.gif
) and they really deserve a warm metal.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOH. Yellow metal for that spess would look great. I love that idea.
3.gif

BTW, that spess looks like a yummy piece of candy.
18.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful stones (and I love seeing your avatar -- the sapphire is GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
30.gif
)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s really beautiful; I''m sure it''ll make a great piece whatever you decide to do with it!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! I''ve liked the spess'' ever since I first saw them! Still thinking about getting one, but I''m not sure it would work with my skin tone - although I wear a lot of orange / yellow / brown-based colours.

Is there any chance you can photograph the stone next to yellow gold, and next to white gold (or set in either)?

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stones! love love love the spess, it is such a rich, dazzling orange!
30.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Great pics! Gorgeous.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
10.gif
Check out that color!

-A

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Freke- I think blue may be a way of life
9.gif

Innerkitten- I agree; Gene did a fab faceting job. He is talented!

LtP- Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the tsav and spess, too. I think those are the best shots I''ve gotten of the tsav, though I bought it darn near a year ago. Someday I will decide how to set it.

Skippy- thank you!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:01:20 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Love the spess, I think you will get a lot of enjoyment out of that stone. I agree with MZ about an EW setting.

The other stones are great two. I would love to get an old cut diamond someday. Yours seems to show a lot of fire.
Ltl- I''m so glad that you like it. I was looking for a post from you and almost missed it! The OECs can be great- this little one has a ton of life. It is so different from a standard RB. I''ll try and post some photos of it solo eventually, but at this rate it may not happen until it is set.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:03:34 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Gorgeous stones! Been meaning to tell you every time I see your new av, my mouth waters!

I''d be interested in your setting ideas. My pad has been put on the back burner because I just don''t know exactly what I want (well, I do, but it would cost me a fortune so I am still looking for plan B). Your spess is similar in size to my pad. East/west would be neat for your stone, although N/S looks great by elongating the fingers.
Tgal- Glad I could contribute to your drooling all over your keyboard
3.gif
About your pad setting- are you referring to that pricey designer setting you had mentioned before? It was truly lovely!

I think the biggest reason I am thinking E-W is that I can''t think of any N-S oval settings that I LOVE. Or at least have not found one yet. But I have this E-W split shank idea in my head that I think could work out really well. At the rate that I seem to go, I should have it set in the next year or so.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Catmom- thanks so much. I am working hard on my photo skills
1.gif

lori- thank you! You know I always enjoy yours, as well.

Chrono- Ahh the never-ending white vs yellow debate. How did you end up deciding on white for yours? It is a tough decision, because I agree with that a warm yellow is probably best. Yet, I don''t own much (thus wear) yellow. Hmmmmm...

cinnamon- thanks! Don''t be getting any ideas about Dolphins colors over there
2.gif

bling addict- thanks so much. I am glad someone out there is glad to see my av around hehe
21.gif

mr. ma re- thanks so much! Your opinion always means a lot to me.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Magenta- You should absolutely get a spess! Orange is absolutely not my color; I could never wear it. However, I still think this stone looks lovely against my skin
21.gif

babysteps- you are so right about the color- RICH is the word!

Porridge- thanks so much
1.gif

Arcadian- I see you have a thing for orange yourself. Nice choice!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely photos. I''ve been wondering about your really cool avatar.

LOVE all of your stones. Your phtos are great.

TFS!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy yummy yummy!

I love Gene''s cutting. Fabulous! I can''t wait to see the finished result.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results