shape
carat
color
clarity

Sugarloaves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
I am considering these 2 stones.

First, a spinel

pmsidar.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Both moderately included. Would the inclusions in sugarloves bother you? Would love to hear your honest opinion!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For some reason, the spinel doesn''t sing to me. I much prefer the tsavorite.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 5:43:59 PM
Author: D&T
love the tsavorite color!

I agree, the color of the tsavorite is beautiful. Both stones are very pretty!

I have a ring with an emerald sugar loaf cab and I love it. My emerald is very good quality (I can''t really see any inclusions). When I got my emerald ring my jeweler told me that my stone was very good, and that usually if a stone is made into a cab it''s because there are inclusions. Anyways, I don''t think a cabs inclusions would bother me too much, from what I heard it comes with the territory. I''m not sure if this is exactly true, others probably have much more insight.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry forgot to add. that the inclusion on the pink spinel looks more apparent than the tsavorite, it wouldn''t bother me a bit, since the color is just so luscious!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the tsav. It is a gorgeous green color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, I would need to see them both in various lighting. Tsavorites tend to go more yellow in incandescent light, which is typically an undesirable trait in some tsavorites, and that spinel might have a lot of potential in other lighting, and it might have a glow about it that you can''t see here in this picture. Is it a Mahenge spinel? What are the carat weights as well?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 6:37:10 PM
Author: Burberrygirl

I agree, the color of the tsavorite is beautiful. Both stones are very pretty!

I have a ring with an emerald sugar loaf cab and I love it. My emerald is very good quality (I can''t really see any inclusions). When I got my emerald ring my jeweler told me that my stone was very good, and that usually if a stone is made into a cab it''s because there are inclusions. Anyways, I don''t think a cabs inclusions would bother me too much, from what I heard it comes with the territory. I''m not sure if this is exactly true, others probably have much more insight.
That''s true, but an included stone can still be beautiful and, to boot, interesting.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
buy them both...........no, i would not be bothered in either case.

mz

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Colored stones are about the color. And, those are both very pretty. I''d agree that both are worth checking out.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for chiming in all!!
35.gif

I see the tsa is ahead right now but most probably I am going to take your advice and see them both, the spinel is too tempting. I am only worried about the inclusion in the spinel. They might be fractures. I am waiting to hear from the vendor!

A bigger pic of the spinel

9976FS.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 9:18:09 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
For me, I would need to see them both in various lighting. Tsavorites tend to go more yellow in incandescent light, which is typically an undesirable trait in some tsavorites, and that spinel might have a lot of potential in other lighting, and it might have a glow about it that you can''t see here in this picture. Is it a Mahenge spinel? What are the carat weights as well?
Yes, it is a Mahenge spinel! The weight of the spinel is 3.83cts and the Tsavorite is 4.43ct.

Vendor told me that they are both very nice stones. The color and glow will outplay the inclusions by far!!!

Am waiting to hear about the inclusions/fractures (?) in spinel, I hope its within the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inclusions in cabochons don’t bother me as long as they aren’t surface reaching. For a Mahenge, the spinel doesn’t impress me but that tsavorite colour looks delicious. Any chance of additional pictures showing the 2 stones side by side?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I like both but if I could only have one I think I''d have to go with the tsav, but that would be a very tough call as I seem to have a mahenge spinel fetish.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
These are really interesting. I''ve never seen a sugarloaf before. Does the point face up?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
can you get both? I really like the colors. The inclusions in the spinel are a bit more obvious though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Megeve,
Any decision yet? Inquiring minds you like to know.
31.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like them both. I think it comes down to personal preference. Those are both great colors for those stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 12:07:26 PM
Author: Chrono
Megeve,
31.gif
Darn it! I made a mistake and can''t edit it now. I meant " inquiring minds WOULD like to know".

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 1:06:11 PM

Megeve,
31.gif
Darn it! I made a mistake and can't edit it now. I meant ' inquiring minds WOULD like to know'.
That's one of my pet peeves, not being able to go back and make edits much later on. I write quickly sometimes, and I want to be able to make sure I used correct spelling and grammar. I sometimes reread some of my old posts, and think, "OMG, did I write THAT?? How could anyone understand me??" Don't worry Chrono, we won't hold it against you!! LOL!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 1:58:55 PM

Megeve,

31.gif

Darn it! I made a mistake and can''t edit it now. I meant '' inquiring minds WOULD like to know''.

That''s one of my pet peeves, not being able to go back and make edits much later on. I write quickly sometimes, and I want to be able to make sure I used correct spelling and grammar. I sometimes reread some of my old posts, and think, ''OMG, did I write THAT?? How could anyone understand me??'' Don''t worry Chrono, we won''t hold it against you!! LOL!!

I feel the same way a lot, especially since so many people (not on CS) have said that bad grammar is a pet peeve. I am a fast typer and sometimes miss some of my errors. Than I am reading a response and read my initial thread and think...OMG did I really write that?

Back to the topic of the pretty sugarloaf eyecandy. Megeve, do you have a decision yet????

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 2:57:22 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Date: 7/11/2009 1:58:55 PM

Megeve,

31.gif

Darn it! I made a mistake and can''t edit it now. I meant '' inquiring minds WOULD like to know''.

That''s one of my pet peeves, not being able to go back and make edits much later on. I write quickly sometimes, and I want to be able to make sure I used correct spelling and grammar. I sometimes reread some of my old posts, and think, ''OMG, did I write THAT?? How could anyone understand me??'' Don''t worry Chrono, we won''t hold it against you!! LOL!!

I feel the same way a lot, especially since so many people (not on CS) have said that bad grammar is a pet peeve. I am a fast typer and sometimes miss some of my errors. Than I am reading a response and read my initial thread and think...OMG did I really write that?

Back to the topic of the pretty sugarloaf eyecandy. Megeve, do you have a decision yet????
I gave up on my grammar long ago, I still try to be correct, but since I can''t do spell check or grammar check here, ehh I just go with it, and hope you all get the jist of what I''m trying to say
1.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Megeve,

Are there juicy gumdrops of other colors
4.gif
Very pretty.

Date: 7/10/2009 2:11:57 AM
Author: megeve
Thanks for chiming in all!!
35.gif

I see the tsa is ahead right now but most probably I am going to take your advice and see them both, the spinel is too tempting. I am only worried about the inclusion in the spinel. They might be fractures. I am waiting to hear from the vendor!

A bigger pic of the spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results