shape
carat
color
clarity

Spessie Arrived Today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
It was a rainy day here but the postwoman brought sheer happiness!

I saw this at the Tucson show by Andrew Gulij, Gemfix. Andrew won the big prize for cutting this year. He made me a swinging deal on this stone. I did not buy it. We bought other things (which will follow in separate threads) but I could not forget this stone so I emailed Andrew and he and I made the deal.

Andrew has a huge inventory, his website doesn''t begin to touch it so if you want something you don''t see, ask. He had some F-A-B spessie cabs, unbelieveably clean and glowing for an outstanding priced (and I know this because I spent hours shopping these items).

Spessartite garnet 7.49 ct, 11 mm, cushion cut. Dirty, yes, but it has the orange color I can hardly find and it is a BIG MOMMA! Willing to overlook some spessie ''dirt.''

Here goes, hope I can load pics.

Nope. Denied. Will try again later this evening.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
ahhh...you are a tease stonie
2.gif
9.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s more fun that way!!!

I tried again, pictorus uploadicus interruptus.

Will try again later.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for pcitures . . .
9.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
First in a series:

Fresh from Andrew Gulij, Gemfix. Lovely presentation, don''t you think?

spess15.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t tell, it''s microscopic in that photo.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay.

This is strange and I need some help.

I have 15 pics of my spessie. I named them "spess1" "spess2" etc.

Spess1 loaded just fine, but all my files named spess2-etc will not load.

Must I rename each spess pic to be very different in order to get them to load? I loaded this group shot as an experiment, its name is NOT spess# and it loaded fine.

Help appreciated, thanks!

group12.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
TL, really?

$(*%$&%*.

I spent my evening taking pics of my spess, my new Burma red spinel, a tourmaline, my star rub cab etc and its microscopic?

I believe I have lost it.

Here is my star ruby file, purely an experiment, why won''t my other spess files load? Should I rename them?

starruby3.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 10:43:32 PM
Author: StonieGrl
TL, really?

$(*%$&%*.

I spent my evening taking pics of my spess, my new Burma red spinel, a tourmaline, my star rub cab etc and its microscopic?

I believe I have lost it.

Here is my star ruby file, purely an experiment, why won''t my other spess files load? Should I rename them?
Lovely stone.

Yes, you probably need to rename your photos. I generally leave my original photo number in the file name in an attempt to make it unique. My guess is that spess2 has been used before.

Looking forward to the rest of the pics.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes rename it. I tend to add "Freke" to my files so not only is it unique, but also if someone saves it and forgets who it belonged to, it''s easier to figure out. So I''d do "spess2 StonieGrl". But I''m weird.
9.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
PS has a very odd pic loading system..one like no other site has..makes it much more difficult to load pics...i just type in random latters since most regular file names have already been used

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well from the two photos it''s in it looks just LOVELY!! Color is very very nice and the shape too. I hope we''ll get more photos soon but I know it can take hours, especially with the PS uploading problems lately.

TFS!!
21.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I would advise you to rename it. Give it several numbers extension. This usually works. Like sp12356

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Wow, the color of your spess in that 2nd pic looks sooo yummy & juicy! Please post more pics (close ups, outdoor shots, direct sunlight etc.)
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though the stones are seen from a distance away, I don’t blame you for not forgetting that spessartite; the colour really catches the eye. The pear star ruby is also very interesting. Leave your original pictures as they are named on your HD. Make a new copy for PS with new names. Like Freke, I sometimes use my PS handle to make the name unique or the vendor’s name with stats of the stone in the picture.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Spess positively shines! I can''t wait to see more photos of it!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
All your purchases look AWESOME but this spessie looks incredible. Post more!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The spess looks wonderful! Hope you can figure out how to post more pics.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the kind comments and encouragement, I am about to log on to work (I''m a telecommuter) but this evening I will rename my photos and post my series.

I have a spess series, indoor and outdoor with some good close shots.

More for my Burmese red spinel too.

The tricolor tourmaline and star ruby have a few more. I also have shots of my beryl specimen bought from Bridges Tsavrorite.

Later troops, gotta go pay for that spess!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, the color on that spess is quite eye-catching - I''d remember that one from a show too! Can''t wait to see your next pics!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to more pictures. It appears to be a very nice spessartite!
9.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, am trying renaming.

This should be the spess under my kitchen lights. The camera did not like the black velvet background at all.

But this will serve to see if renaming the spess series of pics will work.

stoniespess.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
In my pics and my avatar, those unmanicured paws belong to my beloved spousal unit, who encouraged me to get this stone. Even though I have bought quite a few stones this year.

stoniespess2.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
You are all going to be completely tired of me being able to post pics now.

Remember my JKT spinel ring? I could not post the views of the ring that were requested even though I had compressed them . NOW I KNOW WHY.

stoniespess3.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
*yummy*

I think the last photo really shows its rich orange color. Reminds me of citrus juice...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the last picture best too; I can see the orange and the lovely concave faceting.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both!!!!

I wanted to get a pic of it next to a glass of Fanta, since "Fanta orange" is the gold standard for the color.

It really is---that descriptive terms is in all the stuffy academic books I have on garnets and also gemstones.

It is not concave cut but you would think it is.

I wish I had a better camera, the cutting is wonderful. It is dirty, however, and when I view under 10x it is a dirt bomb but I still am happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results