carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

smurfett_333

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1361220171|3383378 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-well-do-you-see-colour.158354/
I just took the color test and got a perfect score :o Perhaps thats why I am finding it impossible to find my perfect for me stone :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondcut, if you are in the trade, then you must declare yourself accordingly, and you may post neither pictures nor links to vendors without prior approval of the mods (which in most cases, will not be granted unless its for educational purposes).

diamondcut

Rough_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1361735645|3389334 said:
Diamondcut, if you are in the trade, then you must declare yourself accordingly, and you may post neither pictures nor links to vendors without prior approval of the mods (which in most cases, will not be granted unless its for educational purposes).

You said: "we ask that if possible, you upload images of the stone rather than links which expire." I can delete my pics and links if it's in violation with the forum rules and/or your idea of this topic ( who can and can't post gemstone photos here), but I don't see the delete option.

And no, I am not in the trade.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondcut|1361720803|3389220 said:
LD|1361666402|3388881 said:
Look at the cut on the Sphene - it's the same again! :lol:

My "Christmas Tree" sphene came from Multicolour and the photo was very similar to the one you get when you click the link.

Some people want their stones cut perfectly and some people want them big. One of these big gem dealers once said: "you can always take the weight off, but you can never put it back".

I guess Multicolour.com focuses on fast turnover and price, and they don't wait around until every stone is perfect. It's unbelievable how many good deals I missed at their site, because I am too slow and unsure.

It seems that good gems are sold within a few hours of listing. Anyway, I am sure that there won't be any problem for them to re-cut any stone if someone asks for it. But my customers want stones to be big. And for those who want a perfect cut, there are many options available, like Jeffrey Hunt

Did I misunderstand this statement?

diamondcut

Rough_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1361750540|3389476 said:

My "Christmas Tree" sphene came from Multicolour and the photo was very similar to the one you get when you click the link.

Some people want their stones cut perfectly and some people want them big. One of these big gem dealers once said: "you can always take the weight off, but you can never put it back".

I guess Multicolour.com focuses on fast turnover and price, and they don't wait around until every stone is perfect. It's unbelievable how many good deals I missed at their site, because I am too slow and unsure.

It seems that good gems are sold within a few hours of listing. Anyway, I am sure that there won't be any problem for them to re-cut any stone if someone asks for it. But my customers want stones to be big. And for those who want a perfect cut, there are many options available, like Jeffrey Hunt

Hmm... I see what you mean. Well, I design jewellery. My customers, who asked me to design jewellery, like big stones. I am not selling any stones nor finished jewellery actually. I sell CAD files. I do buy gemstones for pleasure and (hopefully) as a hard assets. If it means to be "in the trade", please accept my sincere apologies and kindly point me where I should declare myself.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondcut|1361751370|3389483 said:

Hmm... I see what you mean. Well, I design jewellery. My customers, who asked me to design jewellery, like big stones. I am not selling any stones nor finished jewellery actually. I sell CAD files. I do buy gemstones for pleasure and (hopefully) as a hard assets. If it means to be "in the trade", please accept my sincere apologies and kindly point me where I should declare myself.

I have no idea whether you would be considered Trade or not but to be safe it you click on the report button on the top of your initial post in this thread, you can ask the question of the moderators. They will contact you by email. If you are Trade, you can change your status in your profile settings. The rules are also quite strict for Trade members and I believe there is a page that explains the dos and don'ts. Hope that helps.

diamondcut

Rough_Rock
Trade
LD|1361752381|3389490 said:
diamondcut|1361751370|3389483 said:

I have no idea whether you would be considered Trade or not but to be safe it you click on the report button on the top of your initial post in this thread, you can ask the question of the moderators. They will contact you by email. If you are Trade, you can change your status in your profile settings. The rules are also quite strict for Trade members and I believe there is a page that explains the dos and don'ts. Hope that helps.

Thanks and reported.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1361684177|3389098 said:
I think 1.35?

If if doesn't have orange, that's a great buy.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved it, tried for it, got beat out and refunded. ;(

The tourm is gorgeous, too.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tourm is RIDICULOUS! I like the tourm much better than the spess.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1361762879|3389627 said:
Loved it, tried for it, got beat out and refunded. ;(

The tourm is gorgeous, too.

Aw. Yeah. I'm sure I'll get my refund in the morning. I forgot that his site doesn't automatically update like Barry's. Ah well. I hope whoever got it posts lots of pics!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am never going to be fast enough.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look fantastic! :love: Pics should be posted here for posterity.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1361763929|3389641 said:
Both look fantastic! :love: Pics should be posted here for posterity.

_3976.jpg

1404.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1361763149|3389628 said:

Ditto! I'll always pick teal over orange, but that tourmaline in particular is outstanding.

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a tourmaline! I love how Gene cuts such regal high crowns...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1361768887|3389709 said:
minousbijoux|1361763149|3389628 said:

Ditto! I'll always pick teal over orange, but that tourmaline in particular is outstanding.

Normally I would too but I already have my Barry tourm that's very similar to that color. Meanwhile. I have no oranges or spess in general and that one looked juice! And I dont have any concave cuts either!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does that mean you got it, MTG? :naughty:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know and it's making me crazy! I tried to order it about an hour after it was posted so probably didn't get it. But no official refund yet either.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That tourm is crazy beautiful. MTG, if you got it, you have to marry me, or if you don't want to do that, adopt me. At the least, I'll be your new bestest friend in the world!

The spess is gorgeous. I'm not wild enough about red, pink, or orange stones to buy them but do enjoy looking at special ones.

--- Laurie

ETA - Oh, I gather from your post on the other thread that you went after the spess. Good luck!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope PSers snagged Gene's new stones. Although I can't wear orange, I think the spess is especially sweet with the concave cutting and round shape making it look like the sun.

As for the emerald, one might not see the inclusions well but it will be obvious that one side is clear and sparkly while the other side looks cloudy or muted.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Can't wear orange???

So what is happening to that exquisite orange and WF ring?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1361809623|3389963 said:
Can't wear orange???

So what is happening to that exquisite orange and WF ring?

My first thought, too!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
So sad...as I tried for the tourmaline also but got my rejection email last night :(. Dying to see more photos of that stone...

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I gave some serious consideration to that emerald, but I think the 'cloudiness' of the jardin on one side only would bother me too much. It is a lovely color, though!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I'm not mistaken, its the second time that emerald has popped up in this thread!

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
by minousbijoux » 25 Feb 2013 13:39
If I'm not mistaken, its the second time that emerald has popped up in this thread!

Woops, sorry if this is a repeat! I hadn't seen it this year on this thread, at least. Its obviously not perfect (a Janus to be sure) but I think its a nice color at a nice price--especially for the untreated lovers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results