shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$180 buys you a lovely, precision cut, 1.2 ct bluish mint green tourmaline from Beau. I'd ask about any shadowing and extinction, but I think most of what I see in the photos is a product of the photography rather than the stone, if that makes sense.

Beau definitely flies under the radar here, but he is one of the nicest, no drama vendors with a great inventory at good prices:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-green-tourmaline-Afghanistan-1-20-carats-USA-precision-cut-/201358088267?hash=item2ee1e0984b:g:8wEAAOSwDwtUqhqP

beau_s_tourm_1_pre.jpg

beau_s_tourm_2_pre.jpg

beau_s_tourm_3_pre.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another one.
In a selfish attempt to turn the page (while flattering, it feels kinda gratuitous to see one's stones for sale on this thread), here is another stone that's worth inquiring about. Ebay seller Easternee. Its a 1.12 ct Mozambique copper bearing tourmaline with a GIT cert. According to the vendor, its eye clean (I'd ask about this). Cons: its not by any means precision cutting and appears to be windowed. Pros: its hard to find glowy cuprians, let alone well cut glowy cuprians. $2,500 but I'd see if they'd accept an offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-GIT-cert-VVS-Copper-Bearing-Blue-Paraiba-Tourmaline-1-12ct-/161930843060?hash=item25b3d493b4:g:zEMAAOSwnipWWBXT

easternee_cuprian_1_pre.jpg

easternee_cuprian_2_pre.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1451977847|3970871 said:
Here's another one.
In a selfish attempt to turn the page (while flattering, it feels kinda gratuitous to see one's stones for sale on this thread), here is another stone that's worth inquiring about. Ebay seller Easternee. Its a 1.12 ct Mozambique copper bearing tourmaline with a GIT cert. According to the vendor, its eye clean (I'd ask about this). Cons: its not by any means precision cutting and appears to be windowed. Pros: its hard to find glowy cuprians, let alone well cut glowy cuprians. $2,500 but I'd see if they'd accept an offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-GIT-cert-VVS-Copper-Bearing-Blue-Paraiba-Tourmaline-1-12ct-/161930843060?hash=item25b3d493b4:g:zEMAAOSwnipWWBXT

I purchased many stones from them a long time ago; its where I got my 7ct violet copper bearing tourmaline. The only thing I never liked is that at times used a lot of light on their stones. I had to learn how to read their images which wasn't always easy.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1452529221|3974197 said:
Here's another one.

I purchased many stones from them a long time ago; its where I got my 7ct violet copper bearing tourmaline. The only thing I never liked is that at times used a lot of light on their stones. I had to learn how to read their images which wasn't always easy.

Good to know, Arc. I have had mixed results as well, having sent some stones back. I completely agree that you have to re-imagine the stones, often as less bright, if that makes sense.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another one.

oooh this is a gorgeous one! I would need to save up but I love the glowy color :love: :love:

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
OTL is selling my dream cats eye that I can't afford right now *sigh and some other beauties over on LT

img_4558_0.jpg

I expunged my budget on colourless chrysoberyls. :wall:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cat's eye chrysoberyl looks nice - good shape, sharp eye, and although I don't see it, I presume it should have a milk + honey effect.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
No! LOL

But think how lovely they'd look in a vintage toi et moi style setting. ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I had the money to spare, as I would love to purchase this trillion 2.03ct Mahenge Spinel as seen in the latest offerings from Brad aka The Gem Trader, link: http://www.thegemtrader.com/Jan16MSpinelPage.htm

jan16mspineli_notbought.gif
jan16mspineli_notbought_2.gif

I hope it will go to a good home.

DK :love:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh that does look lovely, far too much above my price zone I'm afraid! Especially when I'm saving for other projects.
Someone's in for a treat :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel exactly the same about that spinel DK :love: :love: :love:
Hopefully it gets a good PS home

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh! Someone has to buy that Mahenge!

S

SparkliesLuver

It was me. I couldn't help myself. :oops:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1453399378|3979182 said:

The Mahenge? :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh :love:
Great purchase sparkliesluver! Congrats with this beauty. Any ideas on the setting?
You are on a roll!!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Thank you, Acinom. I'm anxious to see it in person. I wasn't supposed to buy anything new - so I could focus on setting what I have - but as soon as I saw it I had to have it. I have a trillion setting idea that I love, so if I keep it it'll probably go in that. Well, maybe. Unless I decide to email Elle. ;-) :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pleassse start a 'Sparklies by Sparkliesluver' thread to showcase your stones and setting ideas.
Looking forward to see what you the decide on the Mahenge trillion.

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: That's quite the thread name, Acinom! You're way too kind. I'm not sure I have the collection for that yet, but I'll think about it. I'll be sure to post pictures once it arrives, as I know I'd appreciate that (if someone else got it).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1453401817|3979224 said:
Pleassse start a 'Sparklies by Sparkliesluver' thread to showcase your stones and setting ideas.
Looking forward to see what you the decide on the Mahenge trillion.

love this idea! Also congrats on that stone--it's going to be incredible!

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Darn it!! I messaged Brad a couple of days ago and he told me that he had just sold it. I was wondering who the lucky person was! Alas, I must be doomed to be one step behind you. At least I know I'm on the right track!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, lovedogs! :)

Aw. :(sad I'm so sorry, ScarletRpsdy. I've been in your spot before, so I know exactly how you feel. I'll be sure to post about the stone when I get it, so you know if I'm keeping it or not.

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Oh no worries, it just wasn't meant to be! I would appreciate photos though :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1453399670|3979189 said:
minousbijoux said:
SparkliesLuver|1453399378|3979182 said:

The Mahenge? :cheeky:

Yes. <looks down at the floor>

Excellent, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring or whatever you may have in mind.

DK :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

For sure, ScarletRpsdy. I should receive it on Tuesday. Thank you, DK! :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1453401977|3979228 said:
:lol: That's quite the thread name, Acinom! You're way too kind. I'm not sure I have the collection for that yet, but I'll think about it. I'll be sure to post pictures once it arrives, as I know I'd appreciate that (if someone else got it).

Please do...with the addition of the mahenge, I think you now possess what would be my idea of a complete dream collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results