shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow thats gorgeous... I don't really like the setting but the stone is really wow worthy :lickout: .

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian - I would "free" this gorgous gem too.... :love:

Can somebody post a picture - can't do it....

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: Thank you....

but the setting is terrible....

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think it looks amazing - but does anyone know who the seller is? There's no return policy listed, and it's a big purchase to not have one (especially since I'm not familiar with the seller). Also I'm curious who the cutter is, anyone else think it's a Gene stone? I just wish there was a bit more info available. This is exactly the type of tsav I'm looking for, but I'm leery due to the lack of info. Plus it's expensive, lol...I'm thinking a lot about this one, though.

Eta pic for the posterity of the thread:

_30726.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yes I saw that one too - reminded me a bit it of a Jim McCormick spinel. I think he had something similar not terribly long ago. But my concerns remain the same - no return policy, not familiar with the seller, expensive stone :). I'm really hoping someone will come along who knows who the seller is; if so I would feel much more likely to possibly buy! Those are beautiful gems IMO!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both stones are gorgeous but I could have sworn I've seen both stones before. I also don't like that they've added no visible Terms of Sale either. Hopefully whomever inquires will tell them that folks are wondering...lol

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1433090766|3883300 said:
The same seller, whoever it is, just posted an unbelievable spinel! Also pricey, also no details on returns.
Sorry I don't have the facilities to upload the image right now, but take a gander: http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/2-dot-15-burma-red-spinel-spectacular

The seller has only been a member of LT since May of this year. Due to this, I think it would be prudent to offer a return policy and a lab report to gain a successful sale. With that said, beautiful eye candy.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That tsav is amazing!!!

dori2002

Rough_Rock
I really like that, don't see that color too often.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure you are right in that the tsav is clearly a Gene stone and the spinel was bought from Jim McCormick. The seller is reselling them but has added considerably to their original sale prices. While grossular garnets are increasing in value (and will continue to do so I imagine what with "Sharing The Rough" et al), that is an exceedingly high price tag at this point in time. At the very least the seller should provide the carat weight, dimensions, clarity grade, tone and saturation, and at that price, should have a multitude of photos, lab reports and a return policy. It would be silly to buy from them without that information - particularly when one could likely buy similar stones directly from the original sellers and avoid what I believe to be a substantial extra cost.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree with Minous. The stones look gorgeous but her point about the seller's markup is true. At the very least, the seller should provide an AGL brief for the tsavorite and the spinel.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is indeed a tsavorite I cut. Cut it back in 2009 from some rough I bought while in Arusha.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only person that can't seem to log onto loupe troop? I wanted to look at the listings you guys are talking about. It shows up as the name expired? Anyone else getting that? :confused:

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1433103182|3883383 said:
While grossular garnets are increasing in value (and will continue to do so I imagine what with "Sharing The Rough" et al), that is an exceedingly high price tag at this point in time.

Allow me to completely disagree with this part.
1- It's not just an increase in value for grossulars; they skyrocketed over the last past few years. It's unbeliveable.
2- I have serious doubt the movie will have any noticeable effect on mint grossulars / tsavorites. The asking prices are already stellar for rough years ago.
3- I won't make any comment on that stone in particular, for even if Pricescope policies allowed me to do so, it would be a pointless exercise without seeing it in real life.
I will make a more general statement : for a top quality tsavorite that range of pricing is in line with the current market.
You might say that the market is out of touch, well unfortunately, that's how it is for now.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dioptase|1433123764|3883499 said:
minousbijoux|1433103182|3883383 said:
While grossular garnets are increasing in value (and will continue to do so I imagine what with "Sharing The Rough" et al), that is an exceedingly high price tag at this point in time.

Allow me to completely disagree with this part.
1- It's not just an increase in value for grossulars; they skyrocketed over the last past few years. It's unbeliveable.
2- I have serious doubt the movie will have any noticeable effect on mint grossulars / tsavorites. The asking prices are already stellar for rough years ago.
3- I won't make any comment on that stone in particular, for even if Pricescope policies allowed me to do so, it would be a pointless exercise without seeing it in real life.
I will make a more general statement : for a top quality tsavorite that range of pricing is in line with the current market.
You might say that the market is out of touch, well unfortunately, that's how it is for now.

Well, dioptase, then you can buy it! :lol:

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1433125761|3883509 said:
Well, dioptase, then you can buy it! :lol:

Thanks, but I don't really buy serious stones atm :^)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Katharath - you could always contact Gene to see if he has any suitable rough!

I've found Gene's pricing to be very reasonable and honestly, I'm weary of purchasing his stones second hand on Loupetroop etc. This is not the first of his stones listed on LT with a hefty markup!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
NKOTB|1432587159|3881047 said:
Would someone please let me focus on setting what I have, and take this temptation off the market? Large aquamarine halo ring, 600 dollars, from Jason Brims. The setting alone is worth more than that!

http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-colored-stone-center/14kw-gold-ring-with-aquamarine-and-diamonds

image1__2_.jpg

image2__2_.jpg

image3__2_.jpg

Update: I received the ring from Jason on Wed, it is a very pretty one and Jason's photos is very accurate for everything. It is a great deal at $600 with over 4ct aquamarine and a very decent setting. IAfter debating with myself for two nights, I decided to return it since I prefer a setting with bigger diamonds. I know it will spend a lot more for the setting, but I like lots of sparkles.

Sorry Jason, I hope the ring could go to a nice home and it should belong to this post -- someone should buy it!!!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1433512851|3885539 said:
Update: I received the ring from Jason on Wed, it is a very pretty one and Jason's photos is very accurate for everything. It is a great deal at $600 with over 4ct aquamarine and a very decent setting. IAfter debating with myself for two nights, I decided to return it since I prefer a setting with bigger diamonds. I know it will spend a lot more for the setting, but I like lots of sparkles.

Sorry Jason, I hope the ring could go to a nice home and it should belong to this post

Normally, returns are an accepted part of the process with a vendor like Jason. But in this case, you asked him to alter the ring just for you. I think you would be really, really lucky if Jason should accept it back. Jason is a great guy and a good seller so its a tribute to him if he does. Honestly, it puts the vendor in a very difficult position. :(sad

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
katharath|1433090379|3883296 said:
Yes, I think it looks amazing - but does anyone know who the seller is? There's no return policy listed, and it's a big purchase to not have one (especially since I'm not familiar with the seller). Also I'm curious who the cutter is, anyone else think it's a Gene stone? I just wish there was a bit more info available. This is exactly the type of tsav I'm looking for, but I'm leery due to the lack of info. Plus it's expensive, lol...I'm thinking a lot about this one, though.

I just bought this stone, hope it is as pretty as in the video. I have too many tsavorites now....This is so bad!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1434410993|3889632 said:
katharath|1433090379|3883296 said:

I just bought this stone, hope it is as pretty as in the video. I have too many tsavorites now....This is so bad!

You know OTL: there is a solution to that problem: LT and DB. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results