shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh drool. Must be a fabulous project, NKOTB, to sell that beauty for it. Wish I had the cash!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring too! Wondering why the yellow stone is in a white basket, and the white stones are in yellow baskets? Not criticizing, just curious.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1404748548|3708187 said:
I love that ring too! Wondering why the yellow stone is in a white basket, and the white stones are in yellow baskets? Not criticizing, just curious.
I suspect it was a second hand setting. Probably from eBay and probably had a diamond in it originally

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I definitely drooled over that ring...LOVE the center stone - gorgeous color and cut!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
packrat said:
FrekeChild|1404715381|3708026 said:

I've been dying over that one too...almost convinced myself that since it was a different shade of yellow than my round, it would be ok to have two yellow rounds.

It's totally acceptable to have two of the same color if they're different shades... or stones... or just two particularly cool stones... in fact, it's almost necessary to have at least two of each color since that way you can compare the different shades in person. It's really just research. :Up_to_something:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like your logic, Virginia Zee!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
JF would you please respond to my thread in hangout?

and iLander and minous and missy and lilmisfit and pregcurio, well eeryone; I need statisticks!! and then too, you never know... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
VirginiaZee|1404770630|3708427 said:
packrat said:

I've been dying over that one too...almost convinced myself that since it was a different shade of yellow than my round, it would be ok to have two yellow rounds.

It's totally acceptable to have two of the same color if they're different shades... or stones... or just two particularly cool stones... in fact, it's almost necessary to have at least two of each color since that way you can compare the different shades in person. It's really just research. :Up_to_something:

lalalalala I'm not *listenting* lalalalala

I did kinda cave tho and have a yellow ec chryso coming and contemplating a yellow cushion of a different type of stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1404783844|3708586 said:
packrat said:

lalalalala I'm not *listenting* lalalalala

I did kinda cave tho and have a yellow ec chryso coming and contemplating a yellow cushion of a different type of stone.

Stay stong! I fully support your purchasing freeze (now :Up_to_something: )

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1404776108|3708498 said:

and iLander and minous and missy and lilmisfit and pregcurio, well eeryone; I need statisticks!! and then too, you never know... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Statistics on?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Came across this tsav today and think it looks great! I trust you'll tell me if I'm missing something though. ;-) I have not bought from this vendor so I do not know how accurate the pictures are to real life.

"0.84 ct. Grossular Garnet
6.3 mm x 5.1 mm x 4.1 mm $540.00

This is an exceptional tsavorite. If you want an emerald look at a garnet price this is the gem for you. A few light veils but nothing visible to the eye. Absolutely perfect color."

http://www.stevorocks.com

(PS is making the image look brown-er than it does on my monitor on the vendor's website. Perhaps I saved the file incorrectly?)

I also really like the looks of the 1.36ct pink sapphire but the price is not listed.

"6.0 mm x 5.3 mm x 4.6 mm Inquire for Pricing

Super hot pink sapphire. This was purchased as a re-cutter in Sri Lanka. Great color but with a large window and a uneven girdle. Closed the window and straightened out the girdle for an awesome gem. Small chip remains in the girdle will be hidden by..."

_20061.jpg

pink_sapphire.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought from Steve, and was not disappointed. I have drooled over that hot pink sapphire, but I need another pink stone like some gentler version of the hole-in-the-head saying. It's likely over 1k, I think that's the rough benchmark he uses for listed vs unlisted prices, but I might be wrong.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a yellow garnet from Westview um...two/three years ago, and it was so gorgeous, like a yellow diamond. And, he was super friendly and easy to work w/.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have feedback on the vendor but those are beautiful in the photos.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look very pretty, especially the hot pink sapphire. I would ask whether there are any surface reaching inclusions on the tsavorite (I doubt it) and whether it is safe to set as a ring stone (a couple feathers are where the prongs would go over) if that is your plan for the garnet.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I've bought several stones from Steve & have LOVED every one. His cutting is superb & he's great to work with. And I've been drooling over that tsavorite forever, but it's smaller than I want. Yeah, color may be king, but a tsavorite is one of my holy grail stones; when I find MINE, it will be a little bigger than that.

Somebody BUY THAT TSAVORITE and put me out of my misery, pleeeze! You won't be disappointed in Steve's quality.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1404790846|3708680 said:
VapidLapid|1404776108|3708498 said:

Statistics on?

Oh, the ring size thread. I am actually still a size 4. I tried on all my rings for you. I'll post there.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful JL White sapphire - bid on Ebay for a good cause! I would but I'm in gemstone timeout...:D

This beautiful blue sapphire has a very nice light/medium color, is very clean, and is unheated. What's more, its size of almost exactly 6 mm means that it will fit equally-well in a custom setting or many pre-made mountings.

Please follow the link below to the Ebay listing for the stone, and please consider bidding. The auction will run from now until 7/22/14. While I have placed no reserve on this listing, those of you who have been shopping for a precision-cut blue sapphire will know what this one is worth (particularly one that is unheated)!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unheated-Blue-Sapphire-100-of-sale-benefits-cancer-research-/131242822624?

sap128small_2.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Gosh.

uploadfromtaptalk1405457469544.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
For anyone interested in the red spinel that Niel posted a picture of:

http://www.thegemtrader.com/Jul14BSpinelPage.htm

1.21 ct. Burmese Red Spinel

Color: Medium Dark Very Slightly Orangish Red Clarity: Eye Clean
Origin: Mogok, Burma Cut: Oval Brilliant
Treatments: None Measurements: 7.4 x 5.4 mm
Every once in a while you see a stone that needs no qualification whatsoever - no 'well, the color is spectacular, the cutting is native, however' or 'only a small fracture', etc. This one is just spectacular. Burmese stones are exceptionally hard to source and then of this magnificent color - a rich red just touched with an orangish modifier, the classic 'flame' Spinel color. And how often do you see this with precision US cutting? Oh, and completely clean as well!

Kidding aside, a superb stone and one that is pleasure in person. Red Spinel from Mogok is the stuff of gemological legend and, with this stone in-hand, it is not at all difficult to see why. Beautiful in all regards.

$1050 / carat - $1270 total

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1405458257|3713911 said:

Every once in a while you see a stone that needs no qualification whatsoever - no 'well, the color is spectacular, the cutting is native, however' or 'only a small fracture', etc. This one is just spectacular. Burmese stones are exceptionally hard to source and then of this magnificent color - a rich red just touched with an orangish modifier, the classic 'flame' Spinel color. And how often do you see this with precision US cutting? Oh, and completely clean as well!

Kidding aside, a superb stone and one that is pleasure in person. Red Spinel from Mogok is the stuff of gemological legend and, with this stone in-hand, it is not at all difficult to see why. Beautiful in all regards.

I didn't post a link as I'm sure its already gone. But thanks :wavey:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1405458656|3713915 said:

From my perspective, this thread isn't just about "OMG, snatch it up NAOW!" but also an archive of price/size/quality of gems.

Also, from Minousbijoux's first post:

"So that this thread can be perpetuated, we ask that if possible, you upload images of the stone rather than links which expire. It would also be helpful to include the specs and asking price, if you remember"

It's helpful for other people (say, if they are looking at a similar gem for price comparisons) to post the information about the gem instead of just a picture.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1405459202|3713922 said:
Niel|1405458656|3713915 said:

From my perspective, this thread isn't just about "OMG, snatch it up NAOW!" but also an archive of price/size/quality of gems.

Also, from Minousbijoux's first post:

"So that this thread can be perpetuated, we ask that if possible, you upload images of the stone rather than links which expire. It would also be helpful to include the specs and asking price, if you remember"

It's helpful for other people (say, if they are looking at a similar gem for price comparisons) to post the information about the gem instead of just a picture.

Ok. I forget the CS rules. Just thought the stone was lovely. Next time I'll know better. :shifty:

packrat said:

Oh my how naughty! :oops: Although, I must admit you've caught me red handed!

:love:

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5a45s-ynog
2.19 ct. pink Mahenge spinel for 1,000$. I haven't bought off this seller/fb group yet, but I noticed Jeff Davies sells on it and returns are accepted. I'm no expert, but looked like the kind of thing someone here would be interested in?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results