shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Barry/ACS Gemstones, Please and Thank You!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Can you please show me the gemstones that you''ve purchased from Barry Bridgestock? I''m looking for some new ideas for my gemstone collection and I''d love to see your gemmies, from Barry, in all colors and shapes....set/unset. Thank you!
36.gif

Lori

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
O am I the first? 7mm Pakistan Peridot:)

Photo0030abb.jpg

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m always too late at getting any stone from Barry...but I''m not giving up!
16.gif

I''d love to see all the barry stones inone thread...I''ve admired them for so long.

chictomato - that peridot is gorgeous and looks beautiful in that setting... it looks like an ebay setting (please forgive me if it''s not), do you mind sharing which one and what you think of it? TIA.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I presume you mean not just any ACS stones but those cut by Barry? If so I have two that he cut. First off is an Afghan tourmaline that is somewhere around 2 ct.

2ctBarryACSAfghan.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear the stone is not windowed at all but somehow I managed to capture a window tilt. This was taken outdoors and is close to being a 2 ct blue spinel of Tanzanian origin.

2ctBarryACSspinel.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pair of amethysts and tourmalines from BB as well as a cute little silver topaz. All of them are unset except for one of the amethysts which I had JKT set in a ring for my sister (the top left picture was taken by Julia).

Burberrygirls BB stones and JKT Ring.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a malaya garnet I got from Barry in March. It is 8.2 mm and very pretty! I''m sending it to JKT to be set in a ring.

I have others from him that I will photograph and post here as well.

Imported Photos 00032.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how I love my Barry stones. I don''t have many, but I''m working on getting more!

My Bekily malaya garnet
500x375.aspx

Blue spinel
500x375.aspx

and my favorite, my Tsavorite
500x375.aspx

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 8:12:52 AM
Author: Chrono
I swear the stone is not windowed at all but somehow I managed to capture a window tilt. This was taken outdoors and is close to being a 2 ct blue spinel of Tanzanian origin.

Oh Chrono, how I adore that blue spinel!!! If you ever get tired of it let me know, I''ll give it a sparkly new home!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 8:12:52 AM
Author: Chrono

3.gif
I love that spinel. love it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Large Barry garnet - 10.0 mm and 4.71 ct. He called it an Umbalite, but gave me some more information about the stone. He writes:
I took a group of garnets, and got the specific gravities, refractory indexesJ(indices?), Chelsea reactions, absorption spectra and checked them for anomolous double refraction, which some garnets show. Your garnet came out like this: R.I.---1.745 S.G.--3.85 Absorption--strong bands at 500,530 and 580. It was pink/red under the Chelsea, indicating the presence of chrome and showed no anomalous double refraction. All this would probably put it in the pyrope category, except that the 3.85 S.G. rules this out. It''s not dense enough for almandine, so it''s probably a transition pyrope/almandine,although the absorption spectrum was different from the other pyrope/almandines I studied. This sort of variation really makes garnets fun to study.

IMG_4583b.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I got the heliodor some time ago, when Barbara still owned the site. It and this small blue sapphire remain unset. So does the large garnet above. Just waiting for the right idea to come along, I suppose.

The heliodor is the intense yellow color of a school bus, or the classic #2 pencil.

Heliodor (J) 2.42 ct. 6.1 x 10.5 mm. [Gec: N] Baguette cut. This unenhanced Mozambique piece is eyeclean and has color saturation of an intenisty usually only seen in precious topaz. BB.

gold5269SaphBarry.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ekkkkk Dont'' hate me i only have 1 vendor pictures from Barry! But I have 3 stones and then a pair of deep red/orange garents that one day I will set into something. Here is my pink tourmaline that goes more peachy color in natural lighting.

Other stones by Barry:
Green/Blueish Tourmaline
Red Garnet

BarryPinktourrevelSar1247.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 6:18:22 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Ekkkkk Dont'' hate me i only have 1 vendor pictures from Barry! But I have 3 stones and then a pair of deep red/orange garents that one day I will set into something. Here is my pink tourmaline that goes more peachy color in natural lighting.

Other stones by Barry:

Green/Blueish Tourmaline

Red Garnet

I just adore this color
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 7:06:36 PM
Author: cellentani
3.42ct pink tourmaline

tsupernova4.JPG

IMG_2116-1.JPG

This makes me want a pink one just like it, and I never took myself for a pink girl. Don''t think it would look good on me either, but dang I love it. I sent that picture to my gramma a few months ago when Michael was getting ready to cut my supernova chryso, and she said the cut took her breath away!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 7:12:26 PM
Author: packrat

This makes me want a pink one just like it, and I never took myself for a pink girl. Don''t think it would look good on me either, but dang I love it. I sent that picture to my gramma a few months ago when Michael was getting ready to cut my supernova chryso, and she said the cut took her breath away!
That''s really sweet, packy - did you show your gramma your chrysoberyl? What did she think? And what''s up with your ring? I feel like I''ve been out-of-touch lately, and I need to catch up with everyone!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sheesh, you know, I never did take my stones up to show her! Maybe I''ll walk the kids up in the morning and show her. Haven''t gotten to the point to be able to do the down pmt on the 3 stone yet so I just have the stones to play with.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of mine. I just had a couple more set but don't have photos yet.

Green Tourmailne Pink Tourmailne
original.aspx
original.aspx

Spinel and Tanzanite Amethyst
original.aspx
original.aspx

Green Tourmaline Moody Malaya Garnet
original.aspx
original.aspx

To come ... supernova pink garnet, round pink tourmaline, asscher pink tormaline, round peach tormaline, round blue spinel, large round rhodlite ...

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous stones...this thread prompt me to send barry an email asking for a dark green round in the signature cut.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
rough ''n ready!
Please note none of these are to scale (in comparison to each other) etc..

I have two of these set and some others are being set atm..

AJ Barry gems collage 2010.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh. It seems I have a collection that is slightly out of control...

All of these pictured (and listed) below, PLUS:
7.41ct supernova topaz (silver)
4.45ct supernova topaz (silver)
1.17ct dark blue spinel round
1.3ct dark blue spinel round
And multiple small/native cut/other stones from Barry that don't have vendor glamor shots! (See my wedding necklace for a baguette, and I think about 6 of the 9 stones in my JKT key came from Barry too)

Pictured:
1.2ct medium/light blue spinel (ering stone)
2.74ct Big Blue (spinel)
1.6ct gray spinel
.65ct lavender/pink spinel
1.44ct mint green tourm emerald
1.15ct colorless spinel
1.55ct periwinkle spinel supernova
1.75ct feldgrau tourmaline
1.32ct (probable)cuprian tourmaline cushion
1.9ct off white tourmaline cushion

Barry pics freke woot.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I have a tanga garnet, which was just set into a lotus ring (currently being adjusted by a local jeweler, so no good pics of it set yet), as well as what I believe to be a Barry tourmaline (some details got lost along the way as the stone changed hands once or twice. Lori, you should probably recognize this stone...
2.gif
).

My Tanga (6mm):
Barry''s photo
ga-1939g_1328_general.jpg

My photos
LadyCgarnet5.jpg

LadyCgarnet3.jpg

LadyCgarnet2.jpg

Tourmaline (7.7mm)

mysterytourm.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO....THANK YOU FOR CHEERING ME UP!!!!
36.gif

I broke my toe, that is already broken, AGAIN tonight and am in severe pain.
14.gif
Looking at these GORGEOUS gemstones is making me SO happy, despite the agony.....
39.gif

LC, your stone looks familiar.
9.gif

Lori

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 3:32:03 AM
Author: loriken214
36.gif

14.gif
Looking at these GORGEOUS gemstones is making me SO happy, despite the agony.....
39.gif

9.gif

Lori
Lori - Get well soon, and I''m glad the pictures are helping. I was thinking of another idea for you. How about you list your beautiful gemstones, and we all help you pick one to set into a beautiful piece of jewelry, so that you can wear it? You have so many pretties, it would be nice to see one set. Just a thought.
1.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 9:46:03 AM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 6/19/2010 3:32:03 AM
Author: loriken214
36.gif

14.gif
39.gif

9.gif

Lori
Lori - Get well soon, and I''m glad the pictures are helping. I was thinking of another idea for you. How about you list your beautiful gemstones, and we all help you pick one to set into a beautiful piece of jewelry, so that you can wear it? You have so many pretties, it would be nice to see one set. Just a thought.
1.gif
Thank you Fly Girl!
35.gif

I''m in the process of downsizing my gemstone collection and have been selling them or giving a few away as gifts. As soon as I figure out which ones are staying, I''ll post some photos. In the meantime, here is my latest Barry beauty. What should I do with her? It is the one I posted at the top of this thread.
9.gif

Lori

BBt-1870 2.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see...

First up, my big green tourmaline in a Lotus setting (I no longer own this however)

original.aspx

original.aspx

My first Barry purchase - another green tourmaline in a Jewe2004 setting

original.aspx

A cushion green tourmaline in an LOGR setting, made for my mom''s friend

PC170005.jpg

My blue-purple CC spinel, showing its purple side here, in an Americanset trellis setting

IMG_1094y.jpg

My blue tourmaline, possibly copper-bearing, in a four-prong cathedral from Windy City Jewelers

PB070029.jpg

PB070013.jpg

My cushion aqua in an LOGR baguette setting

PC210049.jpg

PC080035.jpg

My mom''s massive cushion amethyst in an LOGR

BEGAmethystHalo75.jpg

A malaya garnet (I no longer own this); it''s in the middle - the other two in this pic weren''t cut by Barry

BEGTourmGarnets.jpg

An achroite, colorless tourm (I no longer own this)

BEGWhiteTourm1.jpg

My supernova green tourmaline

BEGGreenTourmaline88.jpg

And set in my mom''s old engagement setting

BEGNew11.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results