shape
carat
color
clarity

Real pictures of my spess

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This is my 3+ carat Loliondo spess cut by Jeff White. It was mounted in an 18k yellow gold setting created especially for it by Adzia. The stone measures 8.4 x 8.4 and is cut into a modified cushion. It has a beautiful high crown and a very small culet. Loliondo's have small, bubble like inclusions that cause them to really catch the light and glow. So does this one. What this means is if you hold it six inches before your eyes, you will see the inclusions. But if you hold it 12+ inches away, all you see are Jeff's beautiful cut and the amazing orange color.

Here are a ton of pictures to show you how the ring ultimately turned out. I think it is beautiful. However, I have to sadly confess that I'm disappointed. I don't think the orange color looks good against my skin. I love everything about this ring, except how it looks on me. I'm so sad. ;(

IMG_4106.JPG

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring. Really amazing.

I had a similar reaction about stone-to-skin-color when I first received my set chrysoberyl. It really looked... well, kinda "blah" against my pasty winter skin. But I put it on anyway and wore it for a while, and eventually my skin and the stone became friends ;-) I think you should try the same thing -- just wear it for a while, and it will grow on you. It is such an incredible ring, there is no way you won't fall in love with it on your finger!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

IMG_4112.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

IMG_4115.JPG

IMG_4105.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get enough pictures of this ring, it's really gorgeous. I'm a pale ghost, but I don't care how stones look against my skin tone because I appreciate the beauty of the piece itself, not my pale hands. I think you should enjoy it for what it is, a beautiful large well cut spessartite in a wonderfully well made and artistic mounting.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Having seen the pics of it on your hand, all I can say is -- stop giving it a hard time and love it already :D It looks perfect! :love:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
TL|1334762119|3174195 said:
I can't get enough pictures of this ring, it's really gorgeous. I'm a pale ghost, but I don't care how stones look against my skin tone because I appreciate the beauty of the piece itself, not my pale hands. I think you should enjoy it for what it is, a beautiful large well cut spessartite in a wonderfully well made and artistic mounting.
You made me chuckle! Am I luring you away from the halo????

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i should be saying that it doesn't suit you at all so you'd list it on the preloved section ;)) . but instead i'll be honest and say its really beautiful. the ring and the spess go perfectly together.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1334762712|3174209 said:

Nah, but I only buy cheap ebay settings, and the halo fits my budget and purpose, and my lack of patience in waiting for a custom mount. :lol:

I'm not as creative minded as many of you that work with such wonderful artists.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
TL|1334763078|3174220 said:

Nah, but I only buy cheap ebay settings, and the halo fits my budget and purpose, and my lack of patience in waiting for a custom mount. :lol:

I'm not as creative minded as many of you that work with such wonderful artists.
Okay, I've been dying to ask this, but haven't found a way to broach it without sounding.... critical. I'm seriously not!

You have such amazing, unique examples of stones. Why not mount them in more unique, dare I say higher quality mountings? Please do not take offense. I've just wondered about this.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a beautiful ring. You're not photographing it in a flattering light with all that harsh sun. Some stones are day stones and others night stones. I think this is a night stone for you and will perform amazing tricks at night or when the sun is low. In direct sunlight I look like a jar of fluff, so I stay out of the sun and far away from peanut butter.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1334763254|3174226 said:
TL|1334763078|3174220 said:

Okay, I've been dying to ask this, but haven't found a way to broach it without sounding.... critical. I'm seriously not!

You have such amazing, unique examples of stones. Why not mount them in more unique, dare I say higher quality mountings? Please do not take offense. I've just wondered about this.

No offense taken, and thanks for the compliment on my stones. I set them in inexpensive mounts because I rather put the money in the stone, and I want to enjoy them now. If I bought a custom mount for each stone, it would be too expensive for me, and I would have too many sitting in boxes. If my children want to reset them, or if I win the lottery, then I would reset them. I also do multiple stone rings for the same purpose, as it is cost effective and I get to enjoy more gems at the same time. I guess we all have our priorities. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy: I agree that you need to give it a chance and get used to it. Of course taken out in that sunlight, you'll look pale - heck, in some ways, even the ring looks pale :lol: - but I agree with Vapid: it will be a different story at night. And what about as spring and summer progress and you get a bit tanner? Then the ring will totally POP on your hand!

It is a really, really handsome ring. Is it comfortable to wear?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others, in that I hope you wear it, and get used to it, and enjoy it. I actually have similar skin tone, and had fears that once I finally get my spess and set it, it would look awful, but your pics have set those fears aside. I think it looks lovely on your hand. :D

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy, it's gorgeous. I think it looks wonderful on you. Wear it and enjoy it, life is too short to worry about it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It does look nicer inside. I'm going to give it a chance.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I felt the same way about mine and almost sold it, but I wore it for a few days and realized I was just feeling weird about it being orange (I never wore orange). Now I love it! I think you'll learn to love it. I, for one, think it looks incredible with your skin. You're just too hard on yourself, lady.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read your first post and thought "oh I sympathise" because I'm Morganite/Kunzite coloured and both gems actually merge into my skin and virtually disappear. So that's what I was expecting to see in your photos but I scrolled down and was really surprised because actually the orange looks good on you! Orange is incredibly difficult to wear and I wonder if you're just not sure because it's not a "normal" colour for you? I have a feeling this may be a slow burning love for you!

Anyway, it's lovely and whether you wear it or not (and you should), you should covet it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful Upgradeable! It is a gorgeous stone specimen and as mentioned above by others, appreciate it for what it is - STUNNING!!! Not everything looks great on all of us - we are our own worst critics (we are too fat, too short, too tall, too...something.....) so when we see something that doesn't look as we had hoped, we become hyper critical. As LD says, is it because it's out of your normal comfort zone?

To me, an observer, I see a spectacular ring in a very popular fashion colour and as popular as orange is in decor right now, it is a tough colour for a lot of people to wear/live with/decorate with, especially those with a pinkish undertone to their skin (I'm in the same club!!).

Maybe it becomes an occasional ring that you enjoy in short bursts, rather than a 24/7/365 ring??

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That is to die for. The stone, of course, is a star, but I'm crazy about that setting. That is EXACTLY the setting I would want to have. Absolutely gorgeous. Just brilliant. Awesome. Wear it in good health!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. No worries about your skin tone, I think it looks just fine on you. I wear my mom's Precious Topaz and it's a light peachy-Sherry color, and on my skin, it blends right in. Doesn't stop me from wearing it, though.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
The ring looks lovely Uppy and think Adzia has done an outstanding job :)) I'm glad to hear you're going to give it a chance because, like the others, I think it may be that this lovely bright, sparkling orange is just going to need a little getting used to - about half an hour I'd say ;)) Congratulations - it is lovely and looks great on you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The entire package is wonderful, from the stone to the setting. It is sacreligious to NOT wear it. Screw that it doesn't fit your skin tone. My spessartite or orange colours in general doesn't fit mine too (it blends in too much with my weirdly coloured skin IMHO) but it still doesn't stop me from wearing it because the stone is beautiful and the setting is awesome. You feel the same way about your stone and setting, right? Just wear it and enjoy it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
At this point, I'm just wondering who grafted my mother's hands onto my arms??? Has anyone else had this realization? Egads!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust me that nobody really paid attention to your hands; your ring spoke too loudly. :cheeky:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1334834055|3174914 said:
Trust me that nobody really paid attention to your hands; your ring spoke too loudly. :cheeky:

Exactly! That stone is a fireball - congrats!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
This ring is so, so lovely. :appl: It's definitely put me on to a new vendor! If you decide it doesn't suit, I'm pushing to the front of the line to buy it off you! :wink2:

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
That is a very sunny little beauty - I must confess, if I really loved a colour in gems, I wouldn't let the colour of my skin deter me from wearing it. I would, of course, give consideration to what articles of clothing the jewelry went with.

If I were you, I'd just enjoy the ring - it's really nice!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1334806993|3174817 said:
At this point, I'm just wondering who grafted my mother's hands onto my arms??? Has anyone else had this realization? Egads!!!

We spend so much time as children looking at our mothers' hands. Eventually we aren't children anymore, and that is a good thing. :wink2:

That is a gorgeous ring. I find that my Loliondo spess attracts people's attention more than any other ring I own, and it is in a simple setting. People are used to blue and green and colorless and red ring stones, but that bright orange not only catches the eye, but people wonder what it is. I think of rings as adding a bit of color to your hand and a little bit of joy to your heart when it catches your eye during the day as you go about your business.

Enjoy that pretty ring. :wavey:

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade
In the pictures the peach-pink hue of your skin appears to share the same saturation as the lovely spessartite. I think they are extremely complementary, and if you love it, you should wear it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results