shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple rhapsody in buttercup setting, so happy!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

It arrived! I am bursting with happiness, so prepare for a feast of pictures.

Buttercup bezeled 3.37 ct unheated purple sapphire from Finewatergems in red gold, a little under a carat of top wesselton vvs diamonds set in platinum with millegrained bezels from Atelier Torbjörn Tillander. Janne Salminen is the master goldsmith who forged the ring entirely by hand.

The whole story started in summer, when I searched the internet for a gem that would suit a reset for my wedding ring, the thread is here [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purple-rhapsody-sapphire-from-finewater.205095/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purple-rhapsody-sapphire-from-finewater.205095/[/URL] . I found this beautiful sapphire at Finewatergems, I love its colors, because has some zoning that results in a combination of deep purple, royal blue and violet. We've been together sixteen years with my husband and I was ready for a forever stone. Quirky and sublime.

I took the sapphire to one of my favorite stores locally and a series of misunderstandings ensued. When I took the ring back, everything went so smoothly and this masterpiece was the result. I have taken a whole collection of pictures, because I love how the colors of the sapphire keep changing with the light. The rose gold was the right choice, although it felt risky. Although the sapphire is bezeled, it never blacks out in this setting.

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

_24423.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love the rose gold. I may be wrong, but it seems to do wonders for the sapphire and light return in the darkest lighting conditions even.

_24496.jpg

_27117.jpg

_27118.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, love! This is exquisite. You have a great eye and I love your design aesthetic.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT, what a breathtaking ring. I love the design, workmanship, and the bezel is unique.

Wear it in good health and happy anniversary!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
RandG - thank you, so kind of you! It is a creative process in itself, although I'm just coordinating, not creating.

TL - thank you! Also for the help, don't know if I'd have had the courage to do rose gold without you. :bigsmile:

_27128.jpg

_27129.jpg

_27130.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't want to interrupt the flow of pictures. Gorgeous new ring and I'm glad they did it right by you this time. :appl:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is substantial, but that is mostly because the stone is very high (another thing I now know to pay attention to in the future). What I love with the design of this ring is that they simply made it look like the ring is meant to be this high. Nothing unproportionate, just graceful lines. They have thought of everything.

Chrono - thank you, me too! Yes, they really did. Excellent customer care.

_27131.jpg

_27132.jpg

_27133.jpg

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock
It turned out beautifully. Good things come to those who wait? Blahhhhhhhhh, hate the wait part!

Best,

Kim

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mariedtiger|1424184150|3833811 said:
TL - thank you! Also for the help, don't know if I'd have had the courage to do rose gold without you. :bigsmile:

No problem, we all love to help with design. It's part of the big fun here. :)

Well, I love the two tone, and I have to say that their workmanship is some of the best I've ever seen on Pricescope. I wish they were near me. I have a cluster ring design in mind and well, those bezels and the fluidity of the metal is just amazing. Congrats again.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1424184878|3833821 said:
mariedtiger|1424184150|3833811 said:

No problem, we all love to help with design. It's part of the big fun here. :)

Well, I love the two tone, and I have to say that their workmanship is some of the best I've ever seen on Pricescope. I wish they were near me. I have a cluster ring design in mind and well, those bezels and the fluidity of the metal is just amazing. Congrats again.

Hmmm, a trip to Finland maybe? :bigsmile: :wavey: it's beautiful here in summer. :Up_to_something:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Today, in the street, the sapphire was this glowing medium purple, I haven't been able to capture that yet.

_27143.jpg

_27144.jpg

_27145.jpg

_27146.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I remember being worried about the zoning. I'm glad I took the plunge anyway, because this liveliness is something amazing. Also, clarity has never been a priority of mine - but man the clarity of this one is fabulously enjoyable!

_27147.jpg

_27148.jpg

_27149.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
One more design detail that I adore is that the bezel set diamonds aren't symmetrical on both sides. Instead they are different, further supporting the flow and vine-like design of the diamonds. The bezel setting has a small cut out in the middle, with my tiny very very light pink surprise diamonds from my former setting. The cut out has the buttercup effect, same as the bezel. There is even the tiniest microscopic millegraine around the bezel set diamond.

I will try to get more close ups with my other camera. This is wonderful craftsmanship.

_27152.jpg

_27154.jpg

_27155.jpg

_27153.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry but I have to repeat it again-- exquisite-- in every way a fine custom piece should be. Forget jewel of the week-- jewel of the year! Your ring is magnificent.

Okay, I'm done :)

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: So happy to see that this lovely stone made its way back to you! I followed the prior thread and while that was gut-wrenching it looks like it was worth the wait to get to this result. :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my favourite moment: glowing lavender blue, rich rose gold basket, perfect bezels and how they all flow together fluidly. :love:

_27160.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! Very special setting and second Chrono on that lavender blue picture.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring. I especially love how the diamonds are set. It is really beautiful and unique. Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to see this beauty finally on your finger. You have waited long enough but it has been worth the long wait and complicated journey. Your jeweler did an excellent job and gave the stone its full potential back. I love all the purple colors and violet, lavender and purple flashes it throws off :love: . Thanks for sharing these pics; it's great eye candy.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love this ring.....and I love it on your finger! :appl: :love:
I call dibs on it if you ever decide to part with it! :oops: :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unique and lovely ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic. Faaaaaaar better than the bezel that darkened the stone up completely. I appreciate all the pics.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy it turned out so well!! It is unique and beautiful. Wear it in good health, and cheers to the next 16 years! :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the most beautiful and best crafted rings I have seen on PS - that is stunning. I totally love it and with your permission be saving it to my ideas folder. You so deserve it, MT! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results