shape
carat
color
clarity

Planetarygems.com? and more

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ordered from this site http://www.planetarygems.com/rare%20gemstones4.htm

They seem to have some nice stones. I saw the terms flower cut and step cut and now I am more confused. I am pairing two sapphires with a round brilliant diamond iin a 3 stone anniversary ring. Is there a preferred cut?

Thanks again,
Amanda

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The correct term for their "flower cut" is Portugese cut. Basically, it has more facets than the traditional round brilliant to make the stone more lively. A step cut means it has "steps" in the crown and pavilion, much like an asscher or emerald cut in diamonds. Most gemstones have a combination of brilliant and step cuts to maximize the sparkle of colour. There is no preferred shape or cut except for the buyer's personal taste.

I would caution that many of their stones have windows, the saturation is light and their description is really stretching the truth.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your detailed description of the cuts. I think I will pass on planetarygems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results