shape
carat
color
clarity

PINK! Mahenge spinel in it's new home

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you may remember, I'm the fortunate owner of a beautiful (IMHO) red Mahenge spinel that I got from Jaimeen of PrimaGems. A couple of months ago, he contacted me (knowing that I was on the look out for that perfect pink) and told me that he had a beautiful pink Mahenge oval and asked if I was interested. OF COURSE I WAS, so he sent it to me and I was blown away.

I found a perfect setting for it (once again, IMHO) at the last Intergem show and wanted to share. The stone is 2.53ct (9.7 x 6.9). BTW, this is why I started that thread a while back about blingy settings. :D

Pink Mahenge1.JPG

pink mahenge.JPG

indoors.JPG

sun shot.JPG

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! That is just fantastic! What a gorgeous pink and look at that setting!!! Gorgeous, wear it in good health!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I've also included a comparison shot to my red, so you can see the difference and one with my pinks and reds just for fun and also a UV shot.

comparison.JPG

pinks n reds.JPG

Fluor.JPG

K9

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that setting! LOVE! :love: :cheeky: So pretty!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! The setting was actually a "last minute, I almost missed it" purchase. I found a different setting at first, but the more I looked at it, the more I decided that it overpowered the stone (which isn't easy) so I kept looking and found this one. Apparently I had completely missed it my first time through the vendor's inventory. It is by no means my most expensive setting, but the diamonds were sold as VS (and to my eye, I agree) and they are very white. It's a bit different from anything else I have, so I'm very happy with it.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is beautiful and you're right, that setting is perfect for it!!!

(Btw, if you ever decide to sell your round red spinel ring, please let me know! I LOVE it :love: )

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78|1339685003|3216032 said:
Oh that is beautiful and you're right, that setting is perfect for it!!!

(Btw, if you ever decide to sell your round red spinel ring, please let me know! I LOVE it :love: )

Thank you, I truly think the red spinel would be one of the last rings I would sell, but I never say never.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Jaimeen's photo of the spinel and one I took before it was set.

spinel_2.53cts1.jpg

mahenge_stone.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, LOVE the stone and the setting. It's perfect!!!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom|1339685501|3216038 said:

Thanks Catmom! Wanna do some "timesharing" with a few of your beauties?????? :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful pink spinel collection, and I love your taste in settings. Your new ring is gorgeous.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1339686512|3216052 said:
Catmom|1339685501|3216038 said:

Thanks Catmom! Wanna do some "timesharing" with a few of your beauties?????? :naughty:

If it means I could be wearing that beauty than yeah sure!!! :cheeky:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1339686975|3216059 said:
Wow, beautiful pink spinel collection, and I love your taste in settings. Your new ring is gorgeous.

thanks TL, but two of the rings aren't spinels, sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

The one at the bottom is a violet/pink sapphire from Gary Braun (guess I haven't shared that one before on here). It came with an AGL cert stating only traditional heat and the one second from the top is a VietNam ruby, but it's got "critters" so I didn't think it would be much of a hit on here. :errrr:

The top ring is a Burma spinel and is kind of a "flame" in that it shoots a bit of orange in some lighting.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful stone and setting! Really unique!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about blingtastic! I think I have been blinded. :bigsmile: Love the fluorescent shot the best though - can never get tired of seeing them.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! :love: Totally a blinged out spinel!!! all the other rings will be jealous :naughty:

Looks amazing - I'm with stargurl - put me on the list of those who would be thrilled to own any of your pink stones!!!

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love this stone...love it, and in the setting it looks almost like a fat marquis or a kite shape...I dont know why? But that adds to the interest, to me. The flourescent pic is amazing too! Is it the flourescents that makes the stone glow in certain lighting?

This is the type of Spinel that I like, not garnety/dark like others. Awesome.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the nice compliments, I really do appreciate them. I've bought (and then sold) severals spinels over the past few years and I know I'm very fortunate to be able to say I now have a few "keepers".

SB621

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE....Can we see a picture of the shank? pretty pretty please?

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Absolutely Stunning in every way... Be very proud :love:

Most respectfully;

Dana Reynolds
ASG Certified Supreme Master gem Cutter #96cge42

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1339697106|3216201 said:

Just heading out the door, but I'll get a side shot and post it later.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh, well done! :appl: Awesome collection!

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous setting and beautiful Mahenge!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1339703199|3216287 said:
Beautiful! Could you tell us where you bought your UV light?

I'll look back through my emails and see if I can find the ebay vendor. It was really inexpensive (and it's not that well made) but it came with a short wave UV bulb and a long wave UV bulb that you can swap out. The light is long and narrow, which is helpful for the two ring shot, but it's quite dim and if I were to buy another one, I'd probably spend a bit more money and get a nicer one.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1339697106|3216201 said:

Just took these outside. One of the (many) things I love about these pink and red mahenges is that they look good in any kind of lighting.

gallery.JPG

side view.JPG

outside in the shade.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this stone even better than the first one. It is more pinkish and seems very bright, clean and saturated. And the ring is beautiful, congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results