shape
carat
color
clarity

Peachy Pink Sapphire arrived today-so pretty!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I ordered this 2 ct. sapphire yesterday from Dana (had a lovely conversation with him and his wife-what a nice couple they are!!!!) and it arrived late this afternoon. I'd looked at it on line every now and then and wondered why it was never suggested when people came asking about peach sapphires. I've been wanting a Pad type sapphire for a few years and didn't really care about the actual certification-just wanted one on the very light end- and this is perfect!!!! No heat or treatment per AGL, although they did not give it a Pad designation-light orange. But, although it does go straight orange in some lights, most of the time I am seeing a lovely pinkish orange. It's moody and hard to photograph and the light was getting bad when I took this photo, but here is my little "Pad wanna be". So here is the photo I was able to get just now. I love it!!!!!!

l1050814__1_.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

I'd love to see more pictures.
Requesting hand shots.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful dreamy color. You made a great choice. More pics please!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. Honestly, I don't think I've seen an AGL report with a designation of "light orange" so its rare in its own right! :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's a great color! It's a wonderful light peach-orange---not too orange and not too pink, but something in the middle :) I think it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see how you set it! Also +1 to more pics!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! More pics please!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks, everyone!! I will try to get more photos in the morning-it was getting dusky today when I was trying to photograph it. The photos of it on Dana's site did not do it justice at all. Good for me or I'm quite sure someone would have snapped it up considering how popular peach sapphires are right now. And it is hard to photograph-in person it's lighter than my photo captured, but the pink/orange combination with no brown modifier is what I see indoors. And it's quite sparkly which helps hide the small veil. Overall I'm really pleased with it.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Great find Pinkjewel! It's beautiful! :dance: Looking forward to additional pics! :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1441838947|3925798 said:
Very nice. Honestly, I don't think I've seen an AGL report with a designation of "light orange" so its rare in its own right! :))

minous- after you said that I went back to check again, and yes, here's a pic of the brief with AGL listing it as "light orange"- I didn't realize that this was unusual. It also has a Brief from Reunigem listing it as "Orangey"- whatever that means :?:

But, I see so much pink in this, too. As did Dana which is why he sent it to AGL and was wondering a bit as to why it didn't get a "Pad" designation. It must have to do with the lighting they use, I guess. When I took the photos below, I looked around to see if anything could be reflecting pink into the sapphire, but couldn't find anything....

Wonder what GIA would give it-lol.

l1050830.jpg

l1050815.jpg

l1050820.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light orange with some brown is the way I see it. Still, it's pretty and as long as you love it, that's what counts the most! :bigsmile:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1441891640|3926050 said:
Light orange with some brown is the way I see it. Still, it's pretty and as long as you love it, that's what counts the most! :bigsmile:

Yes- I do love it. It's really pretty close to the color I was wanting- peachy pink or pinky peach. Photos of it are really hard-harder than my FCDs!!!!! It just doesn't have any brown in person. But, you're right, what's important is that I love it. I know it's too pale for most people's taste here, but, what can I say, I've always been a pastel kind of girl. Good for me as the cost of the pastels are always less!! :dance:

Several years ago I ordered a Pad from Wildfish-in fact it was even before my first pink diamond. I opened that box and was so underwhelmed. It was almost colorless with a bit of pink and maybe if you squinted you could find a smidgen of orange :rolleyes: - severely windowed, etc. And it cost over 3 times this sapphire and was smaller. I was a bit afraid I would have the same reaction when looking at the photos of this sapphire online. And I really hate to order and return. I've been tempted several times to order from Gemfix, but the gems I've seen posted in person rarely look like their photos. So I called Dana and talked with him and his lovely wife and felt pretty comfortable ordering this one and that it would be close to what I was looking for. Despite this, when I opened the box- I was pretty blown away. It was love at first sight. The pastel pinkish orange was just sparkling up at me and I did the happy dance. Only thing I might have wished is for it to be a tad larger. =)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love the color of this stone, so soft and delicate, I'd love to own something similar one day - call me crazy but I'm seeing some pink in those last pics lol - just lovely. I am already excited for it to be set :cheeky: Any setting ideas at this point?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1441897302|3926089 said:
Oh I love the color of this stone, so soft and delicate, I'd love to own something similar one day - call me crazy but I'm seeing some pink in those last pics lol - just lovely. I am already excited for it to be set :cheeky: Any setting ideas at this point?

nope- not crazy. Both Dana and I see pink in it too. Definitely very pastel pinky orange. The last 2 photos I posted are what I see IRL-very accurate for color.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh forgot to answer the setting question. Well, definitely a halo....but other than that I'm not sure. Originally I was thinking 18kt rose gold with white diamonds, but after reading a bunch of threads on setting this type of color stone- I am unsure. I'll probably wander over to some jewelers first and try it next to some different gold shades to see what makes it pop the best.

eta- open to setting suggestions!!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, a fellow halo lover, yay - that's how I would set it too :)) Really looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire!!! A halo would dress that stone up nicely imo :D Great find pinkjewel!! :love:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thank you ZestfullyBling!!

Yes, Junebug17 I love a pretty halo, or 2 !!! :lickout:

And another photo this afternoon showing it's very soft pink side...

l1050843.jpg

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Such a soft, warm colour. Very sweet and feminine. :love:

You're lucky it didn't get a 'pad' description or it probably would have been a lot more. Great find!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to sound like a five year old saying this, but...

J, you always have the best stuff. Truly :love:

I've been looking for a peachy stone myself, and I must say, your new beauty is what I dream of! It's exactly that marvellous mix of orange and pink delicacy that I think of when I think "padparadscha", whatever the report says ::)

Lovely, absolutely lovely :love: :love: :love: I can't *wait* to see her set!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Deathspi|1441914081|3926204 said:
Such a soft, warm colour. Very sweet and feminine. :love:

You're lucky it didn't get a 'pad' description or it probably would have been a lot more. Great find!

thank you, Deathspi!!! It's true that I'm sure it would have been waaaaaaaay more with that designation!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1441917944|3926233 said:

I've been looking for a peachy stone myself, and I must say, your new beauty is what I dream of! It's exactly that marvellous mix of orange and pink delicacy that I think of when I think "padparadscha", whatever the report says ::)

Yssie!!!!!! How are you??!!!! Seems like ages since I've seen you!! And.... look who's talking about having all the best stuff!! Seriously, your jewelry is gorgeous!!!!!!

I haven't been around much lately as I've been on a ban for more jewelry and I have to stay away or I buy-it's a serious affliction-lol. So, I come back and just think I'll "browse" thru Pricescope. No harm in that, right? Well, then I start perusing all the vendors inventory, and, boom. All good intentions-just out the window!!!!!!! I see this little sapphire, and well, the photos don't look all that great, but the description sounds promising. So, I call Dana,and it sounds like just what I've been looking for. And, well, I can't Not get it, right?! I would have been so bummed if I hadn't ordered it and then saw someone else writing this thread :rolleyes: Soooooooo :Up_to_something:

Anyway, glad you love it too!!!!! any suggestions on how to set it? You're always so good at that!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very PRETTY! Congrats!! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1441919045|3926236 said:

Yssie!!!!!! How are you??!!!! Seems like ages since I've seen you!! And.... look who's talking about having all the best stuff!! Seriously, your jewelry is gorgeous!!!!!!

I haven't been around much lately as I've been on a ban for more jewelry and I have to stay away or I buy-it's a serious affliction-lol. So, I come back and just think I'll "browse" thru Pricescope. No harm in that, right? Well, then I start perusing all the vendors inventory, and, boom. All good intentions-just out the window!!!!!!! I see this little sapphire, and well, the photos don't look all that great, but the description sounds promising. So, I call Dana,and it sounds like just what I've been looking for. And, well, I can't Not get it, right?! I would have been so bummed if I hadn't ordered it and then saw someone else writing this thread :rolleyes: Soooooooo :Up_to_something:

Anyway, glad you love it too!!!!! any suggestions on how to set it? You're always so good at that!!

I really has been too long!!!

I've not been around PS nearly as much either - work has been keeping me busy! And... a couple of days ago I added up everything I've spent on jewellery the past five years and oh my goodness it is excellent motivation to triple-check any more purchases, LOL.
We'll see how long my good intentions last - the other half said he gives it two weeks :bigsmile:

In this case though you were *obviously* meant to find this stone!! :bigsmile: (something about roads and paving? :devil:) Really though, some purchases... you can take 'em or leave 'em, y'know? Feels great at the time but then you think about it for a few more days... weeks... and start to think you shouldn't have... no worries about anything like that with this stone!! She's gorgeous :love:

The peachy I'm looking for is actually for my RDG. I found the diamond a mate and made earrings :)) I LOVE that setting - you certainly know how amazing their design and workmanship is!! - and I never wore it, because I was completely terrified of damaging it. It was always meant to be a special-occasion ring, so now I just need to find the right special-occasion stone ::) (hah, "just")!

Oooh I love talking settings! Tossing another idea your way - rose cut halo? Rose cuts - large enough to actually see each stone clearly, vs. pave - have the same diaphanous liquidity that I see in your sapphire ::)

I adored derbygal's rose cut halo - I know that she wound up going in a different direction because it was structurally unsound, but perhaps another jeweller could tweak the design to mitigate any issues? [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/20th-anniversary-rose-cut-lots-of-pics.180671/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/20th-anniversary-rose-cut-lots-of-pics.180671/[/URL]

_1240.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Stone Hunter|1441920723|3926238 said:
Very PRETTY! Congrats!! :appl:

thank you, Stone Hunter!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1441922106|3926246 said:
pinkjewel|1441919045|3926236 said:

I really has been too long!!!

I've not been around PS nearly as much either - work has been keeping me busy! And... a couple of days ago I added up everything I've spent on jewellery the past five years and oh my goodness it is excellent motivation to triple-check any more purchases, LOL.
We'll see how long my good intentions last - the other half said he gives it two weeks :bigsmile:

In this case though you were *obviously* meant to find this stone!! :bigsmile: (something about roads and paving? :devil:) Really though, some purchases... you can take 'em or leave 'em, y'know? Feels great at the time but then you think about it for a few more days... weeks... and start to think you shouldn't have... no worries about anything like that with this stone!! She's gorgeous :love:

The peachy I'm looking for is actually for my RDG. I found the diamond a mate and made earrings :)) I LOVE that setting - you certainly know how amazing their design and workmanship is!! - and I never wore it, because I was completely terrified of damaging it. It was always meant to be a special-occasion ring, so now I just need to find the right special-occasion stone ::) (hah, "just")!

Oooh I love talking settings! Tossing another idea your way - rose cut halo? Rose cuts - large enough to actually see each stone clearly, vs. pave - have the same diaphanous liquidity that I see in your sapphire ::)

I adored derbygal's rose cut halo - I know that she wound up going in a different direction because it was structurally unsound, but perhaps another jeweller could tweak the design to mitigate any issues? [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/20th-anniversary-rose-cut-lots-of-pics.180671/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/20th-anniversary-rose-cut-lots-of-pics.180671/[/URL]

_1240.jpg

Awesome idea for the rose cut diamond halo!!! The sapphire would look beautiful in that setting. I'm just not sure it would look good on my skin. I think it might all blend in too much- not enough contrast. I'll find some resorts and play around and see.

And a peachy pink would look really beautiful in your RDG setting! You really need to wear that ring-it's soo pretty. Speaking of RDG, I see Michael and David are designing together again. Do you know if they moved to Australia or are they just sending their designs there?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results