shape
carat
color
clarity

Peachy - My New Light Brown Diamond

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
The vendor was running a summer sale, and reading everyone here talking about color diamonds, so I bit the bullet and bought my first color diamond (probrobably will be my last for a long whie due to $$$$) 8-)

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/25.htm

It is 1.04ct, SI2, oval cut, IGI certified to be light brown.

Here are the vendor pictures, including a handshot that I requested. I will say that they are pretty accurate, except a bit darker than IRL.

25_di_image_0a7db.jpg

25_di_image1_f2491.jpg

25_di_image2_e4320.jpg

peachy 1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone Yingh. ROSE GOLD!!!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
My first impression was that everyone was right about how color diamonds are different than other color gems - they sparkle :cheeky:

My second thought was that it is so small! :D Obviously I have been spoiled by the color gem sizes.

In most lighting it appears to be peach color. I tested one of my coworker without telling her what the cert says, and she called it pink :sun:

There is one pepper like carbon, visible if you look carefully, but for the price I couldn't care less.

Here are some pictures I took with my iPhone. Next to my 2.3ct H color diamond for comparison.

peachy 2.jpg

peachy 3.jpg

peachy 4.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry the photos came out huge - I cannot edit pictures at work. :oops:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Interestingly, the IGI cert was dated July 2003. So no one wanted little peachy for 7 years?? :roll:

Or it was waiting for me? :bigsmile:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:

Thanks, TL! Yes it will be in rose gold, how about a halo in pink diamond melee?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty peachy to me! 8-) I can for sure see rose gold on this one :appl:

-A

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
She's beautiful Yingh! http://www.fancydiamonds.net was a breeze to work with too! I know what you mean about size... I too was spoiled by the colored gem world, :lol:

That color is really beautiful.

E B

Ideal_Rock
First, love the oval! I agree with the suggestion of a rose gold setting.

Second- do you have more photos of your e-ring? A SMTR thread, perhaps? I love that you paired step cut traps with a round!

Thanks!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... that's such a beautiful diamond! It will look stunning set in rose gold for sure. Maybe a Sholdt setting, that's just what I immediately envisioned, but pink diamond melee would be stunning as well. You really can't go wrong.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
All experts, need your opinions please. :confused:

Peachy is about 7 x 5.5mm in size. The pink diamond melees I found are 1.7mm each, and there is 14 of them totaling 0.21ct. The question is, will 1.7mm be too much to go around peachy? Honestly, I have no idea how many would I need. :naughty:

Also I know many vendors prefer to source the melees instead of provided by me. I haven't bought the melees yet, but their price is very attractive. Thoughts please?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! :love: I found a marquise cut about that same color a few years back and didn't buy it. I've been kicking my butt ever since! I love that color! :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh may I suggest something? I have a number of diamonds in the same colour as Peachy and in fact sourced one for my friend's engagement ring. If I'm right, peachy will change colour slightly depending on lighting conditions but can look fairly pale in daylight (gorgeous though!). I've tried all different colour golds and, for me, a white gold lover, I can honestly say that I don't love mine in white gold. Yellow gold on the other hand looks yummy! I'm on the fence with rose gold only because I'm not sure how it'll look in all lights. Whatever you decide though I'm sure it'll be lovely. Please post photos of Peachy when she's done won't you?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is the prettiest pink diamond I have ever seen! Congrats! :love: :love: :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the color! It looks like a very nice stone - congrats!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
CharmyPoo said:
Lovely stone. Looks like it is cut well too.

Me too! Congrats on your lovely purchase!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl:

mz

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Aaaah that is gorgeous!!!!! I'm one for muted, subtle color tones so naturally I think it's spectacular. So jealous, thanks for the reference to that vendor. I will have to check them out...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yingh said:
tourmaline_lover said:

Thanks, TL! Yes it will be in rose gold, how about a halo in pink diamond melee?

Very pretty idea. I think DBL has some pink melee around champagne stones in rose gold. You can get some setting ideas there, and Leibish has a jewelry section with ideas too.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, marcy, packrat, colorluvr, sonomacounty, mz, redhead02, thank you for your kind words!

davi_el_mejor, thank you and I totally agree that fancydiamonds.net is very pleasant to work with.

E B, I think the verdict is really on rose gold now. :bigsmile: Thank you for liking my diamond ring (it was an upgrade of my e-ring. I lost my wedding band on my honeymoon and haven't found a band that I like ever since - that was 12 years ago - so I don't wear a band with it :razz: ) I have not had any decent pictures of the diamond ring, since I spent most of my picture time on the color stones ::) Here is an old picture just for you.

Nashville, thank you. What is a Sholdt setting?

kenny, thanks, did you end up getting that stunning green guy?

brandy_z28, thank you and I hope you find something similar again.

LovingDiamonds, thanks much for sharing your experience on the metal color. I am leaning strongly toward rose gold, but since I am a white gold lover too, I think two tone might add some contrast. After all, I am not a pink person, too much copper/pink color won't work for me. And you are right about peachy shifting color a bit.

AprilBaby, thank you! I won't call her pink, though peachy can be pinkish brown.

CharmyPoo, chictomato, thanks! and I agree she is very well cut without any bow tie :bigsmile:

TL, thanks for your ideas, who is DBL?

Ring_Diamond 3 Stones-3.JPG

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Here are two pictures that I took tonight under fluorescence light.

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh, does it have fluor? My pink champagne has blue fluor. Just curious. It's such a beautiful stone, I keep coming back to look at it. :love:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Last month I saw this ring in a B&M shop. Back then I had no idea I would be getting peachy, but I thought the ring is very pretty so I took some pictures with iPhone. I wonder if I go back to the store with a regular camera, will they allow me to photo it? :bigsmile:

The ring features a pink diamond in cushion cut, with double halo, double shanks. Inner halo in rose gold with pink diamonds, outer halo in white gold, white diamonds. Shanks in WG. What's unique about this ring is it's backing of the center stone (forgive the term). The stone is prong set from top view, but when you flip it over you will see the it is sitting in a rose gold bowl (forgive the term again). The bottom of the center stone is entirely covered except a small opening in the center. This is done to maximize the pink color of course.

So what do you all think of something like this for peachy?

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Yingh, does it have fluor? My pink champagne has blue fluor. Just curious. It's such a beautiful stone, I keep coming back to look at it. :love:

TL, I don't think peachy has fluor - the IGL cert states no fluor. How do I check for fluor?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yingh said:
tourmaline_lover said:

TL, I don't think peachy has fluor - the IGL cert states no fluor. How do I check for fluor?

You need a UV light. You can get them for around $5 on ebay. Any colored diamond collector, or even a colored gem collector should have one. I find them really fun, and it's nice to have strong fluor on some gems which can enhance their color in sunlight, like Mahenge spinels. If the IGI says no fluor though, then it probably doesn't have any.

The setting above is pretty, but I would have reservations with it because it will be hard to clean the diamond since you can't get to the pavillion. Diamonds are notorious grease collectors, and it will become foggy and dirty looking in such a setting. I love the design, but I would just do a rose gold basket and inner halo, no "bowl" so to speak.

My pink champagne is in a pink halo on a white gold shank, but the halo is actually thicker than the normal single halo. I think it really accentuates the pink color of the diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results