shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Fly Girl....

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Fly Girl,

first off, I want to say how much I love all of your jewelry-- all of your pieces are gorgeous. I noticed you had a pair of rhodolite earrings with a round at the top and a pear at the bottom. I have been contemplating blue zircon earrings in that configuration and I am trying to get an idea of what size stones I should use. What are the measurements on the bottom and top stones in your rhodolite earrings?

Thanks so much!

Erin

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I think Fly Girl also hangs out in the pearls forum..you might try paging her there too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl: Thanks for the reply! I am really an earring novice, so unsure about dimensions and what will look nice, what will look gaudy. Your earrings are beautiful and very nicely proportioned. I have a LOGR pear shaped pendant (7 by 11 stone setting framed by pave), which I FINALLY decided to set with a blue zircon (my birthstone) and I found some round/pear dangle earrings that would match/compliment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-14kt-W-Gold-19-20Ct-Diamond-Citrine-Earrings-/200628801291?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1269999394272092678

I would be modifying these to be much much smaller, and not sure what dimensions? So it is a little more confusing since these earrings are also framed with pave.

Sorry to ramble on and on!

I love that you have a whole suite of rhodolites, what a gorgeous set!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The round rhodolite garnet studs are 5 mm and the pears are about 10 mm long by 7 mm at the widest point.

I have found through trial and error that you have to consider the background when wearing earrings and drops. If you have longer dark hair, a darkly colored drop will disappear into your hair. Similarly, if you have a stud that is similar in color to your skin, it is better to have it bezeled with a contrasting metal, or outlined in diamonds, so that it doesn't melt into the color of your skin.

Good luck with your project, and please come back with further comments, and for sure with the results. :wavey:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks FlyGirl! And congrats on your ring being gem of the week! :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
erinl|1310443567|2966980 said:
Thanks FlyGirl! And congrats on your ring being gem of the week! :appl:

Wow! Thanks for the head's up, erinl! I probably would never have noticed.

That is very cool to be selected as jewel of the week.

Thank you to Erika W and to Pricescope.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hijack your thread, erinl!

Fly Girl, are there more more pictures of your "gem of the week" ring? Holy smokes, is it ever beautiful :love: ! I looked through your topics and couldn't find anything on it...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1310589160|2968291 said:
I'm sorry to hijack your thread, erinl!

Fly Girl, are there more more pictures of your "gem of the week" ring? Holy smokes, is it ever beautiful :love: ! I looked through your topics and couldn't find anything on it...

Thank you, baby nurse. The original thread is here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-star-rose-quartz-ring.122646/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-star-rose-quartz-ring.122646/[/URL] The link is right under the first photo, although I expect that by tomorrow there will be a different jewel of the week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results