shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on cushion Almandine Garnet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I snapped this up over at Art Cut after a pretty funny conversation with Rick about it''s low price. Anyway, it''s a 3.46 Rose Almandine Garnet and I am thinking of having JKT do something similar to Katie''s aqua setting with it. I would love to hear your opinions on it and how you would set it. Thank you so much as always.

AC_Garnet2.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Nice red and not too dark as so many red garnets are. Great size too.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Very nice - I have a few of Rick''s garnets and they are some of my favourite stones.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
East-west semi bezel, split shank, rose or (maybe) yellow gold, possibly with diamond melee on the shank(s). But that''s just me
1.gif
Lovely stone btw!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much! I second guess myself constantly when it comes to stones but I really liked this one. Gailey, that setting is gorgeous!!! I was thinking of having JKT set this stone and I think I need to show her this... it is beautiful.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful colour and cut! Great find!!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! and i love the color. I have a spinel from Rick that I''m in love with- can''t wait to see how you will set it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I saw that that one sold.

It seems darker in you shots than in his. Is that the way things are with Rick?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 5:25:14 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Congrats! I saw that that one sold.

It seems darker in you shots than in his. Is that the way things are with Rick?

Paula and Rick may be using different lighting. Note also that the garnet is on her hand and not a white background. I have a number of gems from Rick and find his photographs accurate and fair.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Stone Hunter - I think my shots are more representative of how the stone performs however if I hold the stone just right under the right lighting, I see flashes of what Rick''s photo represents. It is definitely a pretty red and cherry-like as shown in the pictures however it changes constantly with the slightest movement. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results