shape
carat
color
clarity

No one''s fave: upload pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All:

I finally got my gemstone pics moved over to my new computer and I cannot post them here unless I reduce them in size.

I went to the Forum and read the posting by Belle from 3/2006 but it is not working for my new Toshiba/Nikon/Windows.

I''d appreciate any tips on reducing the size of my pics. Right now they are at 300 and I need to reduce to 100 for PS.

Thank you---love to show you all my 10.5 Pakistani peridot, 5 ct Oregon sunstone, 2.5 ct spinel.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you not able to resize using MS Paint? Is that the software you are using?

PrecisionGem

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
For websites, your images should be 72 dpi, I find an images size around 256 to 350 pixels wide works good.
Not sure what to use on Windows that comes with Windows, on a Mac you can use "Preview" to make any adjustments in size and resolution very quickly.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Can you open it with MS Picture Manager? It has resize and compress functions.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting pictures works fine but I can not make a decent avatar. They recommended compressing it to 96x96; when I try 96 horisontally it automatically adjusts the vertical size so that the picture does not look distorted. When I upload it into avatar, it starts to look distorted! I''ve tried many times, sent an email to administrator, to no avail. Any ideas?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
MS Paint > Image > Stretch Skew > and then change down the % in the first two boxes.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, you will need to cut/crop your picture into a perfect square before trying to resize it. This way, you’ll have, for example a 300x300 picture, so when you shrink it, it’ll be 90x90 and not be distorted.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all, MSPicture Manager is the way to do this. I cropped beforehand but you still have to check image size, cannot go above 100.

Will post pic shortly, Gene, my plan is to post Alondra, your spinel, that JKT is setting into a ring as we write!

Thanks to all you helped out here. Much appreciated.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results