shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needs info on Sapphire purchase

auroraborealice

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone

I've recently purchased a Sapphire whilst on holiday in Sri Lanka. I don't know a fat lot about coloured stones but couldn't resist buying one while there. Can anyone tell me if I have a good quality item, I've searched online for info but am struggling to find out if I have paid the correct price because there are so many factors. Is it worth me sending it for a valuation?
Hopefully I have done the right thing and can have a ring made one day.

_38892.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not familiar with the lab. I also cannot comment on the general quality of the stone without seeing good pictures of it. There is also no mention of treatment.

auroraborealice

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply

I have tried to take some pics on my phone so they probably won't be good enough

img_14524.jpg

img_14525.jpg

img_14526.jpg

img_14527.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very dark sapphire...do you like it? Love it? Not sure about it?

auroraborealice

Rough_Rock
I definitely like it, just worried that I have been ripped off, although it's too late to do anything about it now though! The colour didn't look dark when I purchased it compared to some of the others on sale, the dealer said it's Royal Blue

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suggest going for a more open setting. You are right that it is too late to be concerned about what you paid for it since there's nothing you can do about it now.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
*Disclaimer* This photo isn't great, it is a crop. The original was taken when trying to show a friend yellow/green rings she might want to borrow.*

This is a ring I have of an oval tsavorite with marquise diamonds that BGD made for me in 2011. BGD did a great job and the setting is one that is simple but allows for light to travel through. If you want more angles I could take photos for you.

screen_shot_2017-01-16_at_11.png

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy to!
The oval in my ring is slightly larger 7.2x5.8mm and the marquise are 9pts each, the setting is platinum size 6.
Sorry the photos are a bit dark, it is tough to get home before it is dark this time of year!

screen_shot_2017-01-16_at_8.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting you have in mind is beautiful and should show off the sapphire well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results