shape
carat
color
clarity

New tsavorite!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've been looking for a tsavorite of approximately 1 carat to make a ring to go with my tsavorite pendant, and while I thought I wanted a round, I kept coming back to this Gemrite stone. And it is sooooo pretty in person. My pictures don't do it justice.

Vendor pic:
tsavosqcush2c.jpg

This is the info on Gemrite:
Stone: Tsavorite Garnet (Grossular garnet)
Weight: 1.01 cts
Clarity: VS-SI (Stone appears eye clean)
Dimensions: 5.75x 5.72x 3.78mm
Design: Square cushion
Origin: Merelani, Tanzania
Treatment: None
Cut by: John B.
Notes: Nice medium green with a slight touch of yellow. There is a slight inclusion undectable by the eye and hardly seen in the photo.

img_1698.jpg

img_1699.jpg

It makes the tsavorite in the pendant look really dark by comparison:
img_1700.jpg

img_1702.jpg

img_1705.jpg

It pretty much glows in all lighting I've seen it in so far (I've had it less than an hour so umm.). I am going to put it in a yellow gold solitaire, probably this one or something similar.

Also, darn my fiance for being right about me liking small stones. I keep trying to buy big ones and having to return them because I don't like how big they are. Grrrr. Anything over 2.5 is just too big for me to like. WTF, PS, I feel like I'm a bad gem-lover.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I remember seeing that one on the gemrite site. So nice that a PSer wound up with it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - I have looked at that one over and over. I love the cutting. I love it on you. It will look GREAT in yellow gold!

And John is so nice to work with, isn't he? Actually, with rare exception, all the cutters/gem sellers I've dealt with have been great.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous and will look marvelous in yellow gold.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and I agree that yellow gold suits it well.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Looks sharp!
Nice buy
:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your ring size? It looks just right on your hand in those pictures, especially in that yellow coloured holder. I vote for a yellow gold setting.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys, I am really excited about it. I thought about going with one of the Adzia vine rings instead of a plain solitaire, but vine ring is way more expensive, the stone would be bezeled, and I don't have any solitaires but keep wanting one. And definitely yellow gold.

I am already wondering how many people will mistake it for an emerald... The forest-green tsav, which looks nothing like any emerald I have ever seen, gets mistaken for emerald frequently, and I am betting it will be even more frequent with this lighter, glowing stone.

Chrono, my ring size is 4.5 left/4.75-5 right on my ring fingers and 6 on my middle/index/thumb on both hands. The smallishness of my ring fingers is why the little stones work... If I get big stones, there is no room to see any of the setting!

Eta: I am so excited about this stone that whenever I am at work or out I keep checking the pictures on my phone. It is soooo green, you guys!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean about the lack of finger real estate - I like to be able to wear more ornate settings but it is impossible if I use large sized stones. It's going to be really pretty in Adzia's vine-like designs. Remember Uppy's 18K yellow gold scroll setting for her spessartite? I can imagine your tsav in something similar.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts|1340595874|3223089 said:
Eta: I am so excited about this stone that whenever I am at work or out I keep checking the pictures on my phone. It is soooo green, you guys!

Hehehe, I do the same :rodent:

Beautiful tsav, congrats!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh what gorgeous shade of green! It looks amazing and i'm so jealous!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color and cut! It looks very nice on your slender finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results