shape
carat
color
clarity

New stones! (lazy day photography, pic heavy)

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
One more pool of light necklace. I like the bits of chain in between the orbs.

poolsnecklace3.jpg

kurumaisu

Rough_Rock
Beautiful stones... you are a true connoisseur.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely photos TB. I love the pool of light necklaces posted. My favourite photo is the rock crystal cabs in the dish. Love all your gems.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Kuru: Thanks I don't know if you can call a newbie like me a connoisseur, but you are very sweet my Fi.

Loving: Thanks! I've been trying to get better photog skills

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh love those citrines from Doug! Similar cut to my blue topaz - such sparkle! Yummo..... :love:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Hotpozz :wavey:
I love my citrines!!!! My blue topaz pair from Doug are off being set. I will post pics when they are done.

For everyone else--- I posted more pics on the bottom of the first page if you want to take a look----- :Up_to_something: :appl:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
treenbean, I love your photos, and those citrines are my favorite! I'm quickly growing into an earring girl, myself! If I recall correctly, your blue topaz pair has a unique crown, right? They're faceted, but there's no table? Any hints on how you're having them set? I can't wait to see them!

ETA: no wait, they're octadomes, right? driving me crazy - off to look them up.....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treebean - how strange!

I almost never come to CS, but I popped in to see your stones (which are beautiful, esp those citrines :love: ) and lo and behold I see you are planning a pools of light piece!

I saw a necklace IRL several years ago and it's been stuck in my head since, and I finally caved and bought myself a bracelet just last night :bigsmile: I can't wait to see what you do with your crystals!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Cellentani: Hi! I think I have a total earring obsession! You have a good memory, they are octodomes.. I will attach a pic of the wax. The arches are the only finalized part. There will be a more ornate base but this was just the beginning so nothing is finished, but since you asked I will be glad to show you.

Yessie: Hello there! Lucky girl I have been looking for years in real life to find a necklace, bracelet, earrings anything. So I finally gave up and sourced my own rock crystal (which was difficult). It was really worth it, I have never had anything that absorbs light and color the way these crystals do. I really like your style, I have eight prong earrings based upon yours :bigsmile:

wax 1 copy.jpg

wax 2 copy.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you :)) your earrings are going to be lovely - and far more detailed than mine! And those are such unique topaz's - obviously I need to spend more time here, we don't see diamonds cut like that :sun:

I was frankly astounded to find a bracelet that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It's not really in 'ready to wear' condition, which explains the price - definitely needs a new clasp, I'll prob have some of the repousse detailing on the bands filled in at some point.. What do you have in mind for yours, do you have designs planned?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to be fairly true to the original designs, but maybe get slightly more fancy with the chain and perhaps chase the orb holders. I am supposed to start jewelry classes at some point in time so maybe it will be something that I can tackle as I learn. But when the opportunity arose to buy the crystal I had to do it.

I think part of the appeal of pools of light is the hefty crystal with the diminutive chain so why mess with perfection? :love:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the arches! Can I ask who is doing the settings? Will they be white gold? I'd love that design for a pendant!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
They are going to be rose gold, ohh lala. I wanted to warm the icy blue up a little. The jeweler is Hunt Country Jewelers. http://huntcountry.com/HCJ/HCJHome.jsp

I'm glad you like them. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results