shape
carat
color
clarity

New ACStones, and new camera!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 8:54:10 PM
Author: Linda W

Oh that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I LOVE that color. Your mom WILL LOVE IT!!! What size is the stone??? Barry does wonderful work.
I think it will make a pretty nice pendant; it is I think about 1.2 carats and 6 mm. I hope she will love it! I''ve put a lot of time into searching for a great stone for her. And can I just say that Barry is wonderful! Talented, and such a nice man too
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 9:06:32 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 12/10/2008 8:54:10 PM

Oh that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I LOVE that color. Your mom WILL LOVE IT!!! What size is the stone??? Barry does wonderful work.

I think it will make a pretty nice pendant; it is I think about 1.2 carats and 6 mm. I hope she will love it! I''ve put a lot of time into searching for a great stone for her. And can I just say that Barry is wonderful! Talented, and such a nice man too
36.gif

Oh I am positive she will love it, I know I would. It is really beautiful. You are a wonderful daughter daughter, thoughtful too!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 9:08:29 PM

Oh I am positive she will love it, I know I would. It is really beautiful. You are a wonderful daughter daughter, thoughtful too!!!!
I try! She deserves it
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Those are all so pretty, that sapphire is beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing collection there, you lucky lady!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful collection ice kid!! I too have been lusting after the BB sapphire, but really love
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
all your pretty stones!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones lady! I love them.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection - I''m so jealous! Barry does amazing work, and your stones are gorgeous!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker, tourmaline_lover, bling addict, marcyc, Brown.Eyed.Girl- thank you all! I am so glad to share, because it means that I''m not the only one enjoying all of my yummy little rocks
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Those are all beautiful! That sapphire is to die for!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, gecko!

Lauren..... have you seen this thread yet?!
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 12:41:16 PM
Thanks, gecko!

Lauren..... have you seen this thread yet?!
9.gif
ICEKID, girl, I LOVE all of your pics!!!!!

The Nigerian Tourmaline is gorgeous as I knew it would be! What are your plans for that baby?

I'm so glad you're the one that got that sapphire. One of our fellow PSers, Walter, bought that one first for an engagement ring, but his pics of it seemed much less saturated than your pics of it! It's just GORGEOUS in your pics, and I love the setting it's going into!

Also love your other friends - you have a lovely collection going!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 8:15:58 PM
So many more photos to come...!

(with some other friends... tsav and pink spinel and cc sapphire)

There''s more! You have some lovely well cut gems! Love the colors!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely collection of beautiful stones. It would be so hard for me to decide what to do with them all. I think I''d just line them up on my finger and gawk!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your collection is gorgeous Icekid, love them!!!!
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
I just adore your Barry Beauties!!!
30.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
that sapphire is an amazing color!! i was drooling over it when it was posted on ACStones, too. i can''t wait to see it set!!
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous stones....... !!
18.gif
How will you every set those and which one will you set first??

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
ice kid - those are all so lovely,

just out of curiosity - do you know what shade your tsavorite is considered to be? Would that be the light or medium or medium-dark shade? How do you think it compares to the stones I posted for my ring, if you don''t mind saying - I haven''t seen those stones in natural light, so I''m just trying to get a sense of the comparison

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 12:45:40 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

ICEKID, girl, I LOVE all of your pics!!!!!

The Nigerian Tourmaline is gorgeous as I knew it would be! What are your plans for that baby?

I''m so glad you''re the one that got that sapphire. One of our fellow PSers, Walter, bought that one first for an engagement ring, but his pics of it seemed much less saturated than your pics of it! It''s just GORGEOUS in your pics, and I love the setting it''s going into!

Also love your other friends - you have a lovely collection going!
Lauren- I''m thinking simple pendant for the tourmaline. Yum
30.gif

As for the sapphire, I remembered you saying that he felt it was "watered down" or something to that effect. But I was not deterred! hehe. Did he look at it in many different lighting conditions? In some, it is lighter than others. But most colored stones change their looks quite a bit based on the lighting. I''m glad it''s mine though
11.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 12:49:52 PM
Author: swingirl
What a lovely collection of beautiful stones. It would be so hard for me to decide what to do with them all. I think I''d just line them up on my finger and gawk!!
hehe, that sounds pretty darn close to what I do with them swingirl!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
coati- thanks! The world of color is a wonderful place
18.gif

Skippy- thanks so much. you are a doll!

LiB- I love YOURS too
36.gif

vita- I''d been droooling over it for a while too and that''s when I figured I had to have it!

cushion- hmmmm, if you can believe it I''ve had the spinel and tsav for months now and I still cannot decide how to set them. Since I KNOW what I am doing with the sapphire, that will likely go first!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 9:42:09 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
ice kid - those are all so lovely,

just out of curiosity - do you know what shade your tsavorite is considered to be? Would that be the light or medium or medium-dark shade? How do you think it compares to the stones I posted for my ring, if you don''t mind saying - I haven''t seen those stones in natural light, so I''m just trying to get a sense of the comparison
Amber- hmm, if anything, I think I would say that my tsav is actually a bit lighter than your are. I was going on the lighter side, because I was planning it for a small pendant. And with these guys, lighter usually means more sparkle. I really love the stones you posted though. They''re beautiful. Not to mention the ring idea- it''s going to be a stunning piece. And a well-deserved reward for that PhD, I might add.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks icekid - I was aiming for a color between the tsav you posted and Pandora''s darker stone, so it sounds like these guys should fit the bill. I''m just so paranoid that they will be too dark or too light when I see them in person - silly I know, but I''m a worrier, and I had them ship them directly to Whiteflash to put straight into the ring, so I really won''t know until I get the finished ring
23.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
These are such beautiful stones, makes me want one of Barry''s cut gemstones too. I went to acstones.com and found most of them sold though..
39.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 6:06:36 PM
Thanks icekid - I was aiming for a color between the tsav you posted and Pandora''s darker stone, so it sounds like these guys should fit the bill. I''m just so paranoid that they will be too dark or too light when I see them in person - silly I know, but I''m a worrier, and I had them ship them directly to Whiteflash to put straight into the ring, so I really won''t know until I get the finished ring
23.gif
AG- the tsavs you picked out really look like they are going to be perfect. However, I certainly understand the slightly obsessive worrying
9.gif
I suspect you''ll be very pleased. Do you have an estimated time on the ring yet?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 2:01:27 AM
Author: simplysplendid
These are such beautiful stones, makes me want one of Barry''s cut gemstones too. I went to acstones.com and found most of them sold though..
39.gif
simply- you can email Barry and he will add you to his email list so you will get an email when he updates the website. OR! you can email him directly if you know what you want and see if he might have anything suitable already.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo! Love your pretties! Barry does indeed do fantastic work!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 11:04:16 AM
Date: 12/12/2008 6:06:36 PM

23.gif

AG- the tsavs you picked out really look like they are going to be perfect. However, I certainly understand the slightly obsessive worrying
9.gif
I suspect you''ll be very pleased. Do you have an estimated time on the ring yet?

Well, Whiteflash estimated around January 7, but the tsavorite shipping seems to be a bit delayed unfortunately, so it may be even later than that - I don''t know when WF needs to receive the tsavs to make that date happen. But either way, I''m trying to be zen about it - I''m sure a few days one way or the other won''t make a big difference...

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 11:05:41 AM

Date: 12/13/2008 2:01:27 AM
Author: simplysplendid
39.gif
simply- you can email Barry and he will add you to his email list so you will get an email when he updates the website. OR! you can email him directly if you know what you want and see if he might have anything suitable already.
I see.. thanks for the tip. I''ll email Barry so that he can add me to his list..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results