shape
carat
color
clarity

My ruby has been lost/stolen? - steps to take?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a positive note - Pricescope is a wonderful forum! I have been on several recently, and I may say that I truly enjoy the style, the support, and of course the beautiful gems of the forumites. And I am happy to see the new ones in your avatars.

Thank you, Kenny, Niel, Chrono, GLbluegreen, Elliott86, Andelain, Kgizo, TL, Minousbijoux, Part gypsy, Marymm, Arkieb1, Yssie, Lovedogs, Logivinggems, Missy, Arcadian, Canuk-gal, Derbygal, Cokitty, Indy Lady, Ilander, Cloreene, Mtsapphirelovingannie, Mastercutgems, Acinom, Digdeep, Mariedtiger, Pregcurious, RTFrog, Rockinruby, Tourmaline, NKOTB, Theredspinel, NonieMarie, Txgreeneyes, Sungura, Mochiko42, Arabella, Vingagelover229, Userberry, Ilovegemstones, Arialle, Lisa RN. I hope I have not missed anyone, and sorry for accidental misspellings.

20160104_143646.jpg

20160104_150230.jpg

20160104_150143.jpg

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
You're welcome Arkteia. I'm so happy for you that the situation is finally resolving itself. Your ruby is gorgeous by the way. While following your saga I have learned a valuable lesson. And that is to be very aware that things aren't always what they may appear to be with some vendors. Because I am fairly new to gemstone buying and designing online, I don't have much experience in dealing with vendors and designers. I am not a personal friend of Scott, but simply befriended him on face book because one of his pieces of work caught my eye and I was seriously considering having a replica made by him. Face book was the only way of contacting him. As many have pointed out he has a very loyal following. However, my plans for the design have now changed and because of following this thread I think it is for the best anyways. Here's hoping you won't have to go through too much more drama to get your refund back.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad to read you have your gem back safe and sound. So frustrating that the deposit is this difficult to get back, but I'm glad you're persevering through the negotiations. I feel for this disillusionment experience and I am also glad you've shared it. I think it encourages everyone who gets into these situations and also gives a realistic picture of how things can go sometimes.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very relieved and glad you received your ruby back and that it is your stone. Now, onto the deposit. Although a barter system sounds good on the surface, it can cause further disagreement (you end up with something you don't like/want). I would keep it simple and just get the money back.

S

SparkliesLuver

Super, super happy and relieved that your stone has been safely returned. Here's to hoping the rest can be resolved amicably and swiftly. <hugs>

arabella

Shiny_Rock
You're welcome Arkteia! I'm relieved to see that your ruby is back safe and sound. But, I'm also sorry that it's still not quite over. I hope this is almost over for you and you get your deposit back without anymore drama!!

Arialle

Rough_Rock
I am so glad that you have your ruby back, and it is such a beautiful ruby :)
With lawyer's help, I think you will be able to have your deposit back, just the matter of time.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad that you have your ruby back, it really is a beautiful gem. And I'm so sorry it's been such a... difficult, challenging, negative experience to get to this point. Sending positive thoughts that the final piece of this saga, your deposit, will be returned and then you can move on in whatever way is best for you.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 Agree!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just now seeing your post and very glad to see you have the ruby back! I do give some leeway to true artists as time has a different meaning for some of them, but a year to complete your earlier project is a HUGE red flag. I always mentally give jewelry makers extra time because some just take longer, but the end result is worth it. I can deal with a 6 week project turning into 12, but a year would have generated very bad reviews from me. He obviously was in financial trouble to have asked you for work, so I think a payment plan to get the deposit back is a great idea. I would hope we are talking about a relatively small amount of money, though, unless he vastly was overcharging you.

Just know there are honest and great ring makers out there. You can spend some time on Show Me the Bling to see them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome! Good luck with the deposit. Stand firm, no bartering! You can't barter with someone who goes back on their word as it seems he did. Here's hoping the New Year is a good one for you!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
What a relief to see that beauty back home!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Good news indeed .

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to read you have received your stone. What a relief!!!
Hope you will get the deposit back soon as well.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear the good news that you received your ruby back. I think it is lovely. Hoping you get your deposit back as well.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1452273117|3972689 said:
Just now seeing your post and very glad to see you have the ruby back! I do give some leeway to true artists as time has a different meaning for some of them, but a year to complete your earlier project is a HUGE red flag. I always mentally give jewelry makers extra time because some just take longer, but the end result is worth it. I can deal with a 6 week project turning into 12, but a year would have generated very bad reviews from me. He obviously was in financial trouble to have asked you for work, so I think a payment plan to get the deposit back is a great idea. I would hope we are talking about a relatively small amount of money, though, unless he vastly was overcharging you.

Just know there are honest and great ring makers out there. You can spend some time on Show Me the Bling to see them.

You know, Diamondseeker, I remember a situation when I ordered a ring from a very well-known online vendor of stones. That year was very difficult for him due to some family problems. But, he told me what was going on and why the project might take longer time, he kept me abreast of the project, he sent me side diamonds for approval from another state. I was not anxious, and the project came out beautiful. In very personal time, he came across as very professional. This is all I ask from jewelers; be professional and do not cut off the communication.

I think Scott's prices are considered competitive, though. One of the reasons I decided to agree to Scott's proposal was because someone gave me unexpectedly high quota for a different project. I could probably find a cheaper jeweler, but given that Scott is own designer, I think this part of him is OK.

Prices are OK, work is good. Two problems, I have become older, and I order fewer things, and I can not afford waiting for a year. And, the main issue, there should be a difference between an acclaimed jeweler and a bunny (whom a magician can put in a hat where he vanishes without a trace, and then he suddenly pops out 5 minutes after a post on Pricescope...). (Maybe my deposit would suddenly pop out, lol? Keeping fingers crossed ;-) )

P.S. Thank you for the advises about the jewelers. And thank you for complimenting my ruby. It does not come out good in photos at all. Maybe on a video... But the diamond in your avatar is awesome!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad you got it back! Best of luck with the process of getting the deposit back, too.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a read! Happy the ruby is home (she is a prerry one). GL with the $. I'm going to try to find his FB reply.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results