shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Yummies - 9 New Rings

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I finally got around to setting some of my stones! I sent 8 in last week to get set and picked them up today - once again, the jeweller did a good job and got the prongs done somewhat pointy (not Leon quality but they were worried about the stones falling out). It gave me renewed motivation to take some photos. Unfortunately, it was too dark when I got home so once again .. all indoor pictures.

The family photo of all my completed rings from eBay settings.

original.aspx

Individual Portraits

Afghan Tourmaline (is it really now? Not that dark in real life) Green Tourmailne by Barry Bridgestock
original.aspx
original.aspx

Pink Tourmailne by Barry Bridgestock (much prettier in real life) Lavendar Spinel (has a really unique cut but can't tell in photo)
original.aspx
original.aspx

Spinel and Tanzanite by Barry Bridgestock Vietnam Spinel (dark bands not noticable in real life)
original.aspx
original.aspx

Blue Topaz (I can't remember) Blue Topaz (checkerboard)
original.aspx
original.aspx

Fanta Orange Spessarite (bad photo) - I set this one myself Emarld and Diamond (bad photo) - I had this one for a while
original.aspx
original.aspx

Older Rings (You have seen these already)

Amethyst by Barry Bridgestock Green Tourmaline by Barry Bridgestock (regret not sending this setting back)
original.aspx
original.aspx

Pink Spinel Moody Malaya Garnet by Barry Bridgestock (usually it is a light pink)
original.aspx
original.aspx

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Some stones waiting for new homes forever.

From L to R: Bob - Rubelite, Barry - Tourmaline, Barry - Tourmaline, Barry - Rhodlite, Barry - Topaz (this was the one that had the huge long discussion about Silver Topaz .. I was too scared to come out that I was the one who bought it), Pair Tsavorites
original.aspx

I owe this picture to a few people. This is my Rubelite from Bob Kast. I don't think I will really call it a Rubelite but it is much deeper in color in real life.
original.aspx

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo I love that bypass ring and the lavender spinel in rose gold!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
OMG !
I''m dying here - I love your Afghan Tourmaline, the setting is fantastic!!

setting ?????

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG they're all so pretty!!! I want one of each!

I especially love the colour on your afghan tourm.. so rich and velvety
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Charmy,
You have been busy. Beautiful new rings!!

Do you have a link to the bypass setting you used for the two Barry rounds?

Thanks!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
packrate - I love that bypass ring too. I had that setting for almost a year and couldn't find the right stones for it. I had the tanzanite for a long time - one of the first stones I bought from Barry. Then, I waited a long time before he found the right match for the spinel. I was debating setting the pair of tzavorites in them but went with the original plan.

bebe - The Afghan Tourmaline was a steal too. I went for it after Tourmaline_Lover confirmed it was from a good seller on ebay. Unfortunately, that setting doesn't look good on my finger - the whole thing is way too big and really overwhelming on me.

yssie - Thank you. I do love that color.

tourmaline_lover - I finally got off my butt and got some stuff set. When I picked up these rings, I dropped off another 8 settings so I might share a few more photos next week. I still have about another 10 settings that have no stones to go in. I should put myself on a buying freeze.

I bought the setting for around $20 from I believe lan.bo4 or beyondjewelry3 - a steal.
LOGR: http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-14k-White-Gold-Semi-Mount-Ring-Round-5mm-/370383305763
Lan.Bo4: http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Stones-Round-6mm-Solid-14Kt-Y-Gold-Diamond-Ring-/350355512915
Beyondjewelry3: http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Stone-7-7-5mm-14kt-WG-Diamond-Semi-Mount-Ring-/250636584363 (I think this is Lan.bo4 too)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow beautiful collection! I ordered this bypass ring from beyondjewel to fit my blue spinel and peridot It should reach me tomorrow! Hopefully it will turn out as pretty:) can i know the size of the two round?are they the same size? Cos mine is not, my spinel is 7.5 and my peridot is 7mm.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy you have been busy!!!

I adore the Afghan Tourmaline and the setting - I''ve had my eye on that one for ages and since I don''t mind big and beautiful that setting is now on my wishlist!

My other favourite is the violet spinel - that''s very pretty indeedie!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
By the way, I like the Green Tourmaline bezel setting, can I know why do you regret not sending this setting back? tks!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Some nice new pieces there! Have you been buying in bulk?! Any discounts if you send a dozen rings/stones for setting at once?
9.gif

P. S. Love the backdrop used for these!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 2:39:25 AM
Author: chictomato
Wow beautiful collection! I ordered this bypass ring from beyondjewel to fit my blue spinel and peridot It should reach me tomorrow! Hopefully it will turn out as pretty:) can i know the size of the two round?are they the same size? Cos mine is not, my spinel is 7.5 and my peridot is 7mm.
They are the same size at 5 mm - Barry tried to cut them as a pair for me. Hope this helps :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 5:50:20 AM
Author: Lovinggems
CP, beautiful rings, now which one should you choose wear first?
27.gif
I wore the pink tourmaline in the bezel diamonds first :razz:

The stone was purchased from another PSer. Sharing is caring!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, charmy, what a fantastic lineup!! All the rings look great, and I can''t wait to see the next set! Thanks for the photos of the rubellite - I''d hoped you would post it sometime. I think yours looks slightly pinker (at least in the solo shot), but much cleaner than mine - very pretty!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 6:12:56 AM
Author: chictomato
By the way, I like the Green Tourmaline bezel setting, can I know why do you regret not sending this setting back? tks!
It has one yucky diamond in the bezel that bothers me. It was such a well made setting but the diamonds were so so - I should have upgraded or got them to fix it because I loved that ring. It was a prong set ring and I paid to change it into a bezel - I should have made sure it was perfect before investing more. I still wear that ring a lot.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 8:46:25 AM
Author: ma re
Some nice new pieces there! Have you been buying in bulk?! Any discounts if you send a dozen rings/stones for setting at once?
9.gif

P. S. Love the backdrop used for these!
I asked them once and they nearly bit my head off! They said the more I buy the more money they lose since I just snatch up low ending price auctions.

I am very proud that I managed to take these photos. Usually, they are completely fuzzy and out of focus.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 9:30:03 AM
Author: cellentani
Wow, charmy, what a fantastic lineup!! All the rings look great, and I can''t wait to see the next set! Thanks for the photos of the rubellite - I''d hoped you would post it sometime. I think yours looks slightly pinker (at least in the solo shot), but much cleaner than mine - very pretty!
It is a bit deeper red in real life but not like yours. I love your rubelite .. trade :razz:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay wow Charmy - you don''t kid around!!! I''m impressed!

Your pink tourmaline has some gorgeous fire in it but I really like the spinel and tanzanite ring - those two colors are matched so well in tone :) I like the setting too!

I would love to see a profile shot of the setting your pink spinel is in... does it have its own thread?

I''m in awe - that''s a lot of rings! Of the stones yet to be set (from the left) #2 and #3 really sing... I love the color of #3 and the cut of #2 but the cut of #3 and the color of #2 are gorgeous too!!

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
What lovely new rings!

I'd like to know where you got the settings for the Afghan Tourmaline and Green Tourmaline, if you don't mind
1.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 11:22:44 AM
Author: Lexie
What lovely new rings!

I''d like to know where you got the settings for the Afghan Tourmaline and Green Tourmaline, if you don''t mind
1.gif
Hi Lexie - The setting for the Afghan Tourmaline is from LOGR. I have two green tourmalines - the setting with the halo is also from LOGR and the other one is form lan.bo4 or one of his other accounts.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 10:28:39 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Okay wow Charmy - you don't kid around!!! I'm impressed!

Your pink tourmaline has some gorgeous fire in it but I really like the spinel and tanzanite ring - those two colors are matched so well in tone :) I like the setting too!

I would love to see a profile shot of the setting your pink spinel is in... does it have its own thread?

I'm in awe - that's a lot of rings! Of the stones yet to be set (from the left) #2 and #3 really sing... I love the color of #3 and the cut of #2 but the cut of #3 and the color of #2 are gorgeous too!!
Cehrabehra - None of my rings have their own thread. I didn't take any profile pictures of my rings yesterday but I will try to take one for you in a bit. On second thought, LaurenthePartier has the same setting and there is a photo here. PS has been a bad influence on my shopping addiction! I have stayed away from the colored forums for several months now to prevent any more shopping binges ... hehehe.

#2 is cut beautifully - it was suppose to go into the setting with the blue topaz but they didn't make the setting the right size. I am waiting for a beautiful setting to suit that beautiful stone. I was thinking of something like Erica Grace's old asscher setting - apologies, I don't remember who the new owner is. #2 is much more pink in real life.

#3 is very difficult to match with a metal color. It clashes with white gold and doesn't look right in rose gold .. not sure about yellow gold. I will figure it out.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
wow..charmy..man..looking good..like the stones..the settings..the pics..and the layout of the pics..well done..all the stones look of very good quality too
most impressive!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about that apricot gold that was linked the other day! Okay - it may be hard to match online but if you could find a gold alloy that matched that stone it would be freaking amazing! What about white gold (not silver/platinum) but a very warm white gold?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results