shape
carat
color
clarity

My new (old) snake ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I purchased this ring off a seller I found via Ruby Lane (A. Brandt & Son). I never heard of them before so I don''t know how reputable they are. I waffled over another snake ring for so long that someone else bought it, so when I saw this one I jumped on it as I liked it enough that I didn''t overly care if it wasn''t entirely as advertised. It''s supposedly from the Victorian era but she didn''t really narrow the age down more than that. The origin is American and it''s stamped 14k. The diamond is (supposedly) a rose cut and about 1/4 carat (although I imagine she meant that it''s the size of a 1/4 carat diamond). The emerald seems slightly bigger than the diamond. The eyes are teeny; not sure how to estimate size on them... maybe half pointers? Anyway, on with the pictures.

A top down pic. These were all taken with the flash as it was kind of dark here. Even without the flash the emerald is a lovely green.

kiz-snakering1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A little closer view.

kiz-snakering2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A close up of the emerald. You can see its inclusions and that it''s rather hazy. Or it may be dirt... I haven''t cleaned it yet and it does look rather dirty.

kiz-snakering5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A view of the diamond head.

kiz-snakering3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A profile shot. It sits really low.

kiz-snakering4a.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And a hand shot for perspective.

kiz-snakering6.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
great ring!Makes me wonder if it was worn as a engagement ring by some lady in the past(the snake represents eternity and loyality).Queen Victoria''s engagement ring was in the form of a coiled snake ans this reminds me of something she would have chosen!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 7:27:26 PM
Author:Kismet
I purchased this ring off a seller I found via Ruby Lane (A. Brandt & Son). I never heard of them before so I don''t know how reputable they are. I waffled over another snake ring for so long that someone else bought it, so when I saw this one I jumped on it as I liked it enough that I didn''t overly care if it wasn''t entirely as advertised. It''s supposedly from the Victorian era but she didn''t really narrow the age down more than that. The origin is American and it''s stamped 14k. The diamond is (supposedly) a rose cut and about 1/4 carat (although I imagine she meant that it''s the size of a 1/4 carat diamond). The emerald seems slightly bigger than the diamond. The eyes are teeny; not sure how to estimate size on them... maybe half pointers? Anyway, on with the pictures.

A top down pic. These were all taken with the flash as it was kind of dark here. Even without the flash the emerald is a lovely green.
i would agree that the ring is American made,and probably late victorian to the very early 20th cantury.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
What a cool ring! I love the richness of the yellow gold.
18.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones selected suits the design perfectly and I love how it is still kept so low on the finger. I like the overall effect and appearance.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I am terrified of snakes, your new ring is stunning!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very snake-ish indeed! Congratulations, it will look stunning on your finger.
What is Ruby Lane, Kismet? (Sorry - I am still a newbie...)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I like the profile shot. The emeralds are bright too.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I always enjoy seeing antique pieces and you found yourself a very nice ring!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool!! In your hand shot the stones really stand out.
36.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for more pics -- it looks great! what a unique addition to your collection.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 8:16:36 PM
Author: jewelerman
Date: 3/25/2010 7:27:26 PM

Author:Kismet

i would agree that the ring is American made,and probably late victorian to the very early 20th cantury.

jewelerman, I was hoping you would let me know what you thought. Thank you for the corroboration; what I know about antiques could be written on a postage stamp.

crasru: Ruby Lane is an online collection of antique dealers.

Thank you IndyLady, stepcutnut, packrat, platinumrock, Chrono, Diamond*Dana, Cind11, klewis, ma re, Catmom and enbcfsobe for your kind words. It''s really a lovely little ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results