shape
carat
color
clarity

My new gemstone parcel... Thoughts please

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
singingbellParcel01.JPG

Bought these stones on a whim because I fell in love with their color, and the cut seems decent to my untrained eyes. Not much stats to go on, but I''m told they''re natural sapphires, each about 0.2ct and about 4-5 mm long. My limited skills in photography doesn''t capture the stones very well, but hope it''s enough to give you an idea.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
This is the same picture as above, but cropped and zoomed in to the clearer section.

singingbellParcel02.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a lovely parcel. I like the color.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Interesting color, a bit unusual, but that might have to do with photos too. We don''t see many parcels around here. Do you have a jewellery project in mind for these, or you bought them just for the fun of it?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
They look lovely. Nice colour. You could make a lovely DBTY necklace and bracelet set!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting set of stones; my first though was blue zircon.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like this cool blue, looks like blue tourmaline to me:)

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to Marcy and Joshua for your comments!

Mr. Ma Re -- Photographing gemstones is definitely not one of my strong suits! The color of the stones turned out a little more saturated in photo than in real life, probably because of the lighting. As for project ideas, I confess I was dreaming of a "gemstone-by-the-yard" necklace, but I''m not set on any idea just yet, and I''m open to suggestions! For now I''m just enjoying the sparkle of the loose stones.

Porridge -- Great minds think alike!! DBTY was my very first thought. Initially I was thinking one longish necklace, but the idea of a set sounds intriguing indeed. A stacking ring as part of the set too, perhaps?
31.gif

Chrono, Jessi and Chictomato -- It''s very possible that the stones are not sapphires but another type of gemstone as you suggested. Truth be told, I felt a bit of buyer''s remorse after the purchase, because I didn''t ask the questions that I would''ve normally asked. I bought the stones from a good friend whose relative is "in the business." I trust my friend implicitly, but she didn''t know much about the stones herself, and the information she had about the parcel was secondhand and from memory. I might take the stones somewhere to have them identified for sure, but I''ll likely keep them regardless of what they turn out to be. Not worth potentially ruining a friendship over them, I figure.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
very nice..more than likely they are sapphires and you have nothing to worry about..getting lots of matching colors in .20ct stones is fairly easy..especially with the amount they get from sri lanka which I assume thats were those are from

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t sweat it then; I’m sure they are inexpensive given the size and colour, and call it a lesson learned.
2.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the reassuring note, amethystguy. According to my friend from whom I bought the stones, they were from Sri Lanka.

Chrono -- A lessons learned, for sure! If I didn''t get my money''s worth, it would be easier if I never find out.

oddoneout -- Thank you!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very nice. They may look gorgeous in an suitable project. I do not like London Blue Topazes but I recently saw such a beautiful ring with LBT on Etsy!
They look well-matched and hopefully, you have a nice project in mind for them.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/26/2010 12:41:29 AM
Author: crasru
They look very nice. They may look gorgeous in an suitable project. I do not like London Blue Topazes but I recently saw such a beautiful ring with LBT on Etsy!

They look well-matched and hopefully, you have a nice project in mind for them.
Crasu, please post a link to the Etsy ring if you can find it again -- I''d love to see it! I''m looking for inspiration for project ideas.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results