shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 4.15 chrysoberyl!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All :wavey:

My first posts about a year and a half were about finding a chrysoberyl. Since then, I have become completely addicted to colored stones and pricescope and have found some beautiful stones along the way. A few weeks ago I found a beautiful 4.15 carat chrysoberyl on ebay through Jeff Davies. It was way more than I ever expected or planned to spend on one, but I knew if it were as beautiful as I hoped, then it would be worth it. And it lived up to my expectations! I am pretty bad at taking pictures of gems and my dslr makes them all look like blurry blobs, so these pictures are with my blackberry, so apologies in advance.

First, the vendor pictures:

6-28-12jeff_0.jpg

6-28-12jeff_1.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I will have to get some shots under fluorescent lighting, as it goes a neon lime green there....

I do not own any halo rings and I am thinking halo for this one. I can't decide between 18k green or yellow gold... Green gold is kind of problematic as I only know of one vendor who will take outside stones and who works with 18k green gold-- Adzia. Does anyone know of any other vendors who do?

Thanks so much for looking!

Erin

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
That's a very beautiful neon chrysoberyl! I love cushions.

Jabel takes outside stones, and they make their own alloys. They can do 14K green gold and 14K rose gold, in addition to 18K white gold, 18K yellow gold, and platinum. I don't know if they do 18K green gold. They are a die-struck company, but also do CAD/cast for custom designs. I was told by their rep that with custom designs, they try to use as many die-struck parts as possible, especially on rings, so the finished piece can endure the test of time.

http://www.jabel.com/
http://www.jabel.com/JabelCatalog.pdf (their catalog, including pieces that are in active production)
http://www.facebook.com/jabeljewelry (their Facebook page)

I found out about them only recently, and haven't got anything from them yet, but plan to. They don't sell directly to the public. If you call them, they will locate a retailer for you. They just found one for me that's only one block from my work place. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Erini :wavey:

It is really lovely, intense and HUGE! I am so happy that it worked out - you deserve it after your forever search for the perfect chryso...

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Cookie-- those pieces by Jabel are really gorgeous--may be out of my price range though :(sad

Minou-- thanks so much-- and looking at my pictures I realize I need to clean it before taking photos--they are so smudgy! I am such a newbie with photos!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is purely lime goodness! :love: Perfection itself....

Can't wait to see it set. I agree green gold would be perfect. :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
18k green gold....your stone is crying out for an 18k green gold setting!
it tells me it would accept 18k yellow gold as well but if it had its druthers and $ were no object it would be set in 22k gold.
realistically, though, it says yes yes, 18k green gold would be an honorable compromise.
they call me the stone listener.............

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS stone, Erin!!! Wow - love the intense neon colour - great facetting, too!!!

Good things come to those who wait, right? Well worth the waiting!!! (And I'm sure your little puppy is glad she came home to see it!! ;)) )

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
erinl|1342561161|3235699 said:
I will have to get some shots under fluorescent lighting, as it goes a neon lime green there....

I do not own any halo rings and I am thinking halo for this one. I can't decide between 18k green or yellow gold... Green gold is kind of problematic as I only know of one vendor who will take outside stones and who works with 18k green gold-- Adzia. Does anyone know of any other vendors who do?

Thanks so much for looking!

Erin
Erin, this stone is stunning!! The most gorgeous since Chrono's trillion! Take a look at her thread and the discussion about gold color. I'm tossing my hat into the ring saying PINK!!

I also endorse Adzia for your mounting. She does a beautiful halo with exquisite pave work. She's also great to work with. I'm going to be watching this project. :Up_to_something:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here's an example of Adzia's pink gold, halo, and pave.

il_570xn.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy--

I love love rose gold-- the ring I am wearing in one of the pics is 18k rose gold. I'm just not sure how it goes with it? But then again, I haven't held it next to 18k yellow or 18k green either... :???:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, stunning, Erin! It's blinding -- and that's a compliment. Hey -- the band you're wearing in one pic -- is that a Tiffany one by any chance? I have one that looks very very similar from your photo, I wear it on my pinky.

Uppy, I drooled over your Adzia ring too.

--- Laurie

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Laurie--

My band is by Helen Ficalora-- I love her work. Its the rosebud one. I actually wish I had gotten one of her wider ones, as you can barely tell they are flowers! I once read a thread on PS where so many posters have quite a ring collection, yet they don't wear them that often. That is me for sure! I have a platinum eternity wedding band and an eternity diamond engagement ring, yet I only wear them on special occasions. I wore them both all the time early on in my marriage and had diamonds chip in both :errrr:

BTW Uppy, I love the chryso I got from you. If it matched this one I might try for a 3 stone, but the colors are a bit off :blackeye:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Laurie, I love your spinel ring, it is gorgeous. If Michael E used green gold I would have him make my ring :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Erin, that Michael B design is one of my favorites on earth! Erica Grace does a similar one that I've pined for forever but won't ever have the shekels to buy. It's so feminine, classical yet modern & would be just super with your chryso. Personally, I like it better than the Etsy setting, which is nice but not particularly unique. If the Michael B one is too expensive, somebody else should be able to do the same idea for you -- possibly even with accents in something other than diamonds to further save $$ & look cool. It would be SO pretty in green gold too!

Yes, agree about not wearing some rings that often. Me too. And on my dining room table waiting for me to take their portraits is a good-sized pile of gem boxes with more, still to be set! DH says, "How many rings can you wear?" Uh....well......that's not the point! is about all I can think to answer. :naughty: I don't know what your setting budget is, but you might ask Michael E for a quote. He is very inventive about ways to keep costs down, and sympathetic to the need to do so. Thank you for your comment on my spinel ring -- I do love it too & Michael never complained once all the times I drove him crazy.

--- Laurie

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Laurie--

You and I have the same thought process on those rings! I love the Michael B settings, would have loved it as a wedding band but much too expensive! Then I too saw Erica Grace's take on that lace pattern. I don't remember what the style was called, but she placed the lace pattern on the band with a halo around the center stone. I loved the style! :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love that color chrysoberyl! I'm loving that Michael B ring too.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful stone! I just recently discovered Jeff Davis and he has some amazing stones. Good to know they look great in person too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! You can set it in anything and it'll still look gorgeous.

Reactions: AV_

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
BEAUUUUUUTIFUL Chrysoberyl!!! I love this stone, it's gorgeous...quite possibly the nicest chrysoberyl I've seen. Congratulations!!! You chose your gemstone well. I can't wait to see it, once you have it set!!!!!! :love:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Coco!!

I am excited too-- I just have to find the funds to set this baby in the style she deserves!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe the amazing color! Can't wait to see it set.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erinl, your new stone is beautiful, beautiful! It was a very good decision to buy it. Congratulations!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I know this is late on the thread - but I hope you see this! did you ever decide how to mount it? I'm also thinking of a halo for my stone (when it comes), and I can't decide on the gold to use!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results