shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My luscious peridot from Precision Gems!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I was looking for a really bright, apple green peridot, so Gene agreed to cut a piece of his Pakistani rough for me. Here is his pic:

GF peridot.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And after going to the mailbox 4 times today (of course the mailman had to be late), this is what I found inside.

IMG_3845-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It''s just slightly more olive than I had hoped for, but it''s still very bright. It''s 3.46carats - 9.45mm across the flat sides, and 9.93mm across the points, quite a whopper!

IMG_3846.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Well I think he nailed the color! Are you going to set this big apple beauty?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
sitting in a 2-tone LOGR. I''ll definitely go with an all WG setting - yellow gold seems to bring out just a little more olive tone.

IMG_3848.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 8:24:20 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Well I think he nailed the color! Are you going to set this big apple beauty?
Hi Sarah! I would like to set this, but am still up in the air on the setting. I think I just might be able to pull off a ring, even though it''s almost 10mm.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
This stone can look so different depending on the light, but I''m in love with this one!
30.gif

IMG_3852.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really nice looking. Peridot can look different in other lights. You may feel different if you look at it in high karat yellow gold.

-a

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
the umbalite has 9 sides, but I asked for a 10-sided peridot. And those weird dark lines in the peridot are just from touching my skin, they're not inclusions or anything.

star80 cuts-1.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pretty color -- can''t wait to see how you set it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous green! I lurves it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s BIG and Beautiful!!!
36.gif

I like the size on your hand. And the color is very very nice too. Congrats!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani,
Very pretty and he did a nice job capturing it''s true color in the vendor photo. Just warn the benchperson that peridot is rather soft.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gene can bring out the sparkle, can''t he?! congrats!

mz

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey cell..that is an awesome stone!!!!!! It looks so clean and crisp with the color and tone and saturation..I am on a different computer right now thats not calibrated but it looks so sweet on here..your photos are excellent..way to go..two thumbs up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a beauty. It has it all size, color and a nice cut!

I really like it in the first setting, I think it doesn''t distract from everything that is going on with that stone (that stone doesn''t need competition), but the thin row of diamonds add contrast.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Nice green stone, cellentani! I love Gene''s work. Looking forward to seeing how you set that beauty.
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone Celle! I know you''re probably aware of this, but those points need to be protected as much as possible with a very low profile and/or a halo that''s leveled with the stone or something. Enjoy the beauty
2.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 8:44:52 PM
Author: cellentani
last one for now - shaded halogen light.

This one was my favorite picture. That peridot is so bright, it almost looks unreal. I like it a lot!!!!! Nice with all of your pinks as well, I love pink and apple green.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very bright and vibrant peridot. I’d do a more protective setting for it and remind the bench person to be extra careful.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That is so pretty cellentani! Peridot is now one of those gemstones that has now moved to the top of my list of wants.
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thats a beautiful color and a fantastic cut! Love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results