shape
carat
color
clarity

My lovely spessartite ring is back!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I got my ring today from mastergoldcraft on Etsy. He did a fantastic job, I'm VERY happy with it. Herein lies the problem though; Everytime I try to get a picture, the damn stone turns brown. And its NOT brown!! :angryfire: I know I know, Its the angle of the camera, my body, the forces of nature are just against me.

I use a Lumix G1, Which during the shooting has had a terrible habit of picking up EVERY.SINGLE.FACET :shock: The stone is really well cut, and flips light around like you wouldn't believe, so no sun shots because they were all washed out...thats how bad it is. So, you get that, you get the camera darkness, AND you get this brown wtfeii on the stone. :roll: Its just been one of those days.

Kismet, I'm wearing it tomorrow, you'll have to back me up on this one lol.

-A

P1050086.jpg

P1050089.jpg

P1050067.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That looks great against your skin tone. Are the prongs straight and well distributed?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing on you! It's great to see another solid designer coming out of Etsy. Enjoy it!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
That is one big, beautiful piece of orange goodness !!!!
God knows it is frustrating to photograph those little buggers !!!!!
But you did a great job, it's BeeeeUuuuuTiiiiiFuuuullllllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Distain, Yes and no. I've noticed that in every single picture myself. So I had to investigate earlier this afternoon. What I see and what you see is viewing the table, there's one prong slightly off which throws off the whole thing at a super close up range. I put the ring under my scope to see why and it looks like he did it because of where the facet junction is. The stone is not a square 7.5mm , its 7.5x7.6mm. So its not in a total straight line but close enough. I wouldn't have wanted him to put it dead on the crease. (I obviously should have went with a single prong on this ring, but well..you know...)

The stone though is not lose, no rattle, and all the prongs are tight to the stone. I'm ok with it because it looks doubtful he could have done it any other way unless he remade the prongs again, and its not noticable at normal eye viewing length.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks diamondrnglover, Novel, and Shiney! :bigsmile: Hard to take pics of, YES! Frustrating? YES!!!! But sooo beautiful! I don't know about anyone else, but with orange stones, I always ask the seller about the color because online most of them look either too brown, or too yellow.

Even in the really nice ones I see brown or yellow. So for me orange is just a harder color for me to gauge online. (yeah, I said it! :tongue: ) In hand though its a different story.

But my husband says I'm seeing the brown because I'm brown :rolleyes: (you know he got a nasty look right?)

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok one more shot. I took a lot of pictures this afternoon, still going through some of them.

Probably the best of the bunch (but still looks freaking brown :roll: ) as you can see how lovely it lights up in darker areas. Hell maybe my sony cybershot would take better pics :loopy: . I'm going to try that tomorrow.

-A

groupshot.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think it's lovely, and it looks great on your hand. You also have very pretty hands.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL|1302147350|2889895 said:
Well, I think it's lovely, and it looks great on your hand. You also have very pretty hands.

agreed!

MoZo

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful ring. Sounds like they have a pretty quick turn around too,

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring! I really love the spess as well, and the cut too. Gorgeous!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks kelpie, MoZo, TL, IndyLady :bigsmile: (I shouldn't even be up right now but can't sleep...blah!!!)

Turn around time was pretty short. I did tell him to not rush it and take the time necessary to do a good job though. So figure from March 21 to today, thats very acceptable.

And OMG you guys are gonna embarrass me about my big ol hands.:oops: Thank you though, its much appreciated. :bigsmile: Though I didn't lose weight, my hands went through this weird shrinking phase. I have some size 7 rings I can wear now, though that may be a totally different story come summer :| We shall see.

-A

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! What a gorgeous pop of orange! I don't see any brown on my monitor at all, just a fabulous bright flame!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It is gorgeous. The spessartite is a great cut and color too.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is amazing!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love it. Like I didn't already want another spess ring. Darn you!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks marcy, blithesome71, herekittykitty, Kismet, and simplysplendid :bigsmile: The facets are really precise and the sparkle overwhelms my camera I think.

So this morning when I came home from the gym, I tried again. This is much better :bigsmile:

-A

P1050149.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian ~

Ah, an even better pic! Thank you for sharing, and the friend who is tagging along.... I cannot wait to see what you choose for a setting. (Mc2 thread was extremely dangerous for me. I am in enough trouble as it is! LOL)

~ faegrace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results