shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint garnet in rose gold & Chartreuse chrysoberyl in 2 tone

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had my mint garnet set. I decided on rose gold because Kismet has a mint chrysoberyl in rose gold, and it really made the color on her stone pop. My camera really really stinks with green, and can never really capture the saturation of this stone, but it is one of the most saturated mint garnets I have ever seen. It almost reminds me of green paraiba in certain lighting. The rose gold really brings out the slight blue secondary. My pathetic photos will have to do. I wish I could show the true color. I won the setting on auction and didn't upgrade the diamonds, but they still came out really nice for single cuts. The mint garnet is 1.82 carats, and the video of it is more true to the color. The luster and sparkle are just beautiful for a non-precision cut stone. I really love love LOVE this ring. However, honest opinions are always welcome ;)) :))

TLmintgarnetsparkles.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Mint garnet in rose gold & Chartreuse chrysoberyl in 2 t

This fuzzy photo is more representative of the true color, but it's still more saturated than this, and glows in certain lighting.

TLmintgarnetblue.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One more pic. I took so many and I was so frustrated as none could capture the true saturation of color.

TLmintgarnet1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's the chrysoberyl. This stone, to me, is electric. It is so bright, that it looks radioactive. I really love it. I decided to get two tone gold and customized a setting to fit this one since I couldn't find any 9 x 7 cushion settings that I liked. The diamonds are upgraded fullcuts. The color reminds me of a neon yellow highlighter, very very bright. The high crown and chunky facets really break up the light very nicely and give it amazing three dimensional interest. Notice those sparkles on my hand. Again, honest opinions welcome. :))

TLchrysoberylsparkles.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:geek: I need suglasses with this one. 3.01 carats from Tanzania. It goes more green in incandescent light.

TLchrysoberylonhandbright.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Very pretty! I love the RG with the green! Never would have used the two together, but it looks awesome. I like the color of the stone. I am sure it is even better in person. I hate showing off stones when I cant get the color exactly right.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooh very pretty! Love the second one particularly. Please do post more pics!!! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another photo taken earlier in the day. The luster on both these stones are fantastic. I don't even want to look at my mint Afghan tourmaline anymore because the mint garnet is more saturated, and has much better luster, even though the mint tourmaline is a precision cut and more than twice as large.

TLmintgarnetside.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Further away hand shot of the chrysoberyl. It sparkles so much that most of the photos came out fuzzy, sorry.

TLchrsyoberylring2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a shot earlier in the day.

TLchrysoberylring3.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

stunning!!!! Merelani mints are my favorite colored stone, nothing compares once you see a good one in person.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

T-L! I think the mint/rose gold is my favorite ring of yours! LOVE IT!

And holy cow that chryso! I'll be danged if every time I see it I want another one!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a shot of some chrysoberyls at the Grainger Hall of Gems at the Field museum, just for you chrysoberyl lovers.

I was there today and took some more photos. I have to compile them for another thread.

TLGraingerchrysoberyls.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockhugger,
Thank you. I know rose gold isn't for everyone, but I love it with some greenish and mint gems.

Hotpozzum,
Thank you!!

Kelpie,
Before I got this mnt garnet, almost everyone I had ever seen was too yellowish green, or too corpse colored :errrr: I didn't realize they could be so neon.

Packrat,
Thank you, I love that ring too. I have a feeling it's going to be permanent fixture on my hand!! LOL! Chrysoberyls are some of the most underrated and amazing stones, but it is important to find ones that are saturated, and that can be a challenge.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock

The mint garnet ring is really pretty but I love the chysoberyl, it's blinding. :sun:

mochi

Ideal_Rock

I loooove it! :appl: :appl: :appl: Especially the chyso, it is so bright!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

TL, I love them both. Just beautiful. I hope you really enjoy wearing them.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Those are really gorgeous. I love the rose gold and mint combination: that's not something I would ever have thought to put together, and with a lesser stone, it wouldn't have been nearly as striking. Love the chrysoberyl, too. My older daughter is wanting one of these, so I'm planning on showing her these photos so she can see how they should look. Thanks for sharing!

pocadot

Rough_Rock

TL, I had the hardest time imagining how a bright chartreuse chrysoberyl would look in a setting. I think the yellow gold suits it very well. Thanks so much for posting; now I know which direction to go in with mine (I purchased a pear-shaped chartreuse chrysoberyl from Tan).

I also love the mint garnet. Wouldn't have thought the rose gold would complement it as well as it does. Congrats, and I hope they bring you many many years of enjoyment! :appl:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Very lovely TL!

I do have a question for you: why did you chose two tone for your chrysoberyl, and what made you choose a yg head/basket? If it were me, I think I'd be at a loss at how to set it, but my first instinct would have been white gold. I do generally lean towards yg for yellow stones, but I wouldn't use a generality on such a bright/unique stone. I'm curious to hear about your thought process. Any particular reason for yg, or for the two tone?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Klewis, Mochi, PinkTower, Aoife. :))

Thank you Pocodot,
I hope you can share photos of your chrysoberyl !! ;))

Indy,
Thank you. The reason I choose yellow gold for the halo, and 14K (not 18K) is that a delicate shade of yellow gold to me, brings out the green in the stone very nicely, and I feel white gold tends to wash out yellowish gems, unless they're in a yellow basket or bezeled in yellow metal. For this particular stone, since it's a greenish yellow, and not a golden yellow, I used 14K yellow gold so it still doesn't blend too much with the yellow in the gem, and brings out just the right amount of green. I think higher carat yellow gold is better suited for more golden yellows. I did two tone to give the piece some dimensionality. A white gold shank and a yellow gold head makes the halo stick out more and gives contrast. BTW, LOGR exceeded my expectations on both pieces, and I'm really fortunate to have snagged these gems from Tan. I never owned a chrysoberyl before, but I kept seeing this piece on his site, and it never sold, and I just thought the color was amazing. Tan told me it was vivid and the color was incredible, and he's very truthful with me. If a stone is not the best color, he will tell me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a more infocus shot of the chrysoberyl. This stone hates to focus for the camera because it sparkles so much. Sorry for all the photos, but I took many, and it was so much fun taking pictures. Also another photo of the mint garnet trying to show some of that saturation that my camera hates with greens. Also practicing uploading multiple photos. :naughty: The chrysoberyl was reflecting some black from my shirt. That's not extinction.

TLmintgarnetring7.JPG

TLchrysoberylring5.JPG

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock

I am so glad you went with rose gold to go with that mint, I too was quite taken by the rose gold and vanadium/mint chrysoberyl ring posted some time ago. Seeing your ring definitely seals the deal on what color metal I'll go with on my mintys... whenever I get the chance to actually set them :rolleyes:

The greenish yellow "mountain dew" chrystoberyl is really quite eye catching, are you sure you aren't hiding a battery somewhere in that ring hehehe As always thanks for sharing!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Yes T_L even withe the many pics we've already seen that chrysobrl continues to surprise. Set it looks even more intense and bright than before. And the yellow metal of the halo just makes it look like the yello glow is spilling out all over the place.
The mint looks great all around and I suspect in real life it is as much of a knockout as the other, just a little camera shy.
:appl:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

Both rings are beautiful, but honestly my heart feel sore for the chrysoberyl! :love: :love: :love:

It is as bright as a canary yellow diamond, sigh, I wish I can find one like that. It is so blindingly bright! :love: :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty and great colors.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful rings, but I love the Chrysoberyl ring, now I really really need one just like yours. :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL - The mint garnet is so bright, incredible color. The setting is wonderful, but oh, the stone!

Your chrysoberyl is blinding. This gorgeous, gorgeous color.

Great stones - as always!

Just checked other posts - see, Klewis also thought chryso was blinding!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock

LOVE :love: :love: the mint. The setting is so beautiful!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

TL The rose gold sets off the mint so wonderfully! And that chrysoberyl, what can be said about it that hasn't already been said? Truly a museum grade piece. It makes me want a Mountain Dew! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results