shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercutgems raspberry umbalite garnet

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I'm new in this forum, CS. I have spent more time on pearlforum and SMTB. During holidays I found this forum and results...who ever knows where I will end? But here is my start.

I have empty wg A.Jaffe halo setting. It carried a year my oec, but in the end I found that I'm a solitaire girl anyway. And in the deep of my heart a yellow gold girl too. Because feeling so sorry for poor halo, I though coloured stone would be a way I might wear it again. I ended up mailing with Rachelle Richards (absolutely very kind and helpful lady, by the way) and she sent me couple more shots of two contender I picked out; pink tourmaline ang raspberry garnet. Cut in these are totally different. I LOVE tourmaline's (7.6mm, cut by Paul Burton) old type cut over the moon. But colour; not so much. And table looks quite big too. Remember, this is my first coloured stone and picked by photos only, so I don't have any idea, how it looks IRL. But my oec has small table and I really like it. So no to tourmaline. Garnet's (7.3mm, cut by Grey Weaver) colour might be quite dark, but not brownish. It looks super delicious, almost regal to me. I think (and I hope) white gold suits it perfectly. Here is couple photos of halo setting and stones. Garnet is on it's way. More photos follow when arrived.

_25920.jpg

_25921.jpg

_25922.jpg

_25923.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Re: Mastercutgems raspberry beauty

I prefer the look of the garnet also. When it arrives, you will have to see if it goes dark on certain light.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

My inspiration rings. Hope ladies, who own these don't mind if I share them. I love them, all. Equally :love:

_25930.jpg

_25931.jpg

_25932.jpg

_25933.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

pregcurious, yes, I know it's very much possible. But I swear I will take photos in every lightning as possible and on every angles too :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
LoversKites|1420908872|3814556 said:
Very nice, I particularly like the tourmaline's cut.
Yeah, it has a nice flowery cut. Almost like an OEC.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites and pregcurious, I LOVE that cut. But colour...doesn't make my heart sing..and as I mentioned, I don't know how quite large table works on coloured stones. On antique diamonds small table is must for me...other words; I choosed more attractive colour to my eyes over the cut, I like more...makes no sense, maybe...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love the cut of the tourm, but it sounds like the raspberry garnet has won your heart. :)) I know you mentioned this to Preg earlier, but do check out the garnet in fluorescent lighting as they tend to brown out in this lighting type. I have a beautiful deep red garnet I got from Barry Bridgestock, picked out the perfect yellow gold setting for it and totally LOVED it, thought it was perfect, until I wore it to work and it was killed by the lighting every day that I wore it :(sad

I hope that yours does not do this at all.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Minousbijoux, sorry for that, but things like that happens. It's so hard to pick right one by photos only. And You are right; only after setting stone You are able to see real and final result. Do You have it yet? Would love to see it anyway. Dana described it as vivid raspberry with excellent light return, so I suppose it doesn't have brownish hue...but who knows. But when it arrives I need many educational opinions :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll see if I can find some pics for you. In the meantime, cannot wait to see pics of yours!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I'll wait. My photos might take week or two, depending when my order arrives. I live in Finlad, so delivery takes time by USPS.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very beautiful and regal based on the photo's.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope one of them works out for you. Given that the setting is a halo, I fear that garnet might darken up too much for you. Also, the tourmaline looks very shifty and I don't know if you mind that. There is no standard cut for coloured stones; it depends on what the lapidary wants to highlight - the cut pattern or the colour or etc. Note that tourmaline has lower refractive index than garnet so they generally benefit from a smaller table and a busier design.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, thanks!

Chrono, I ended up to garnet, not tourmaline. My biggest fear is darkness, I admit. In that case, I will use solitaire setting. Thanks for information of tourmaline :wavey:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I got my halo back today and here is couple quick indoor shots. I think I like it a lot. Better pics later (here in Finlad is snowed lately and no sun In sight :(()

_26612.jpg

_26613.jpg

_26615.jpg

_26614.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Came out great. I'm surprised it holds it's colour that well, honestly. Congrats.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites, thank You. I was very happily surprised too. And even more I was surprised how sparkly this garnet is. I hardly can wait that I'm able to take sun shots. Here is couple more in the kitchen; halogens behind my back. Including fire shot :D

_26618.jpg

_26619.jpg

_26620.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never appreciated garnets until I someone educated me...now they are some of my favorite stones and yours is beautiful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it in the kitchen!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun, Acimon, pregcurious, ricezo and Chrono, thanks :wavey: . Here is couple more shots...

_26730.jpg

_26731.jpg

_26732.jpg

_26733.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Some more. There is under fluorescent light shots too; colour chances a little to warmer side, but IRL not as much as photos shows.

_26734.jpg

_26735.jpg

_26736.jpg

_26737.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how gorgeous confection!! This is a garnet? I am new to CS, my only experience with garnets are the dark reddish-brown ones my mother always purchased. The color is so beautiful and I see in the pics how sparkly it is! A stone this color is on my wish list, I'm a tad jealous! Enjoy your new beauty!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
How lovely! I never would have guessed that stone is a garnet. Enjoy your lovely new ring! Hope the sun comes out in Finland soon.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Love that rich color.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! So beautiful. I love how it matches your nailpolish as well. Also hoping for sun here in Finland. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results