shape
carat
color
clarity

Master Cut Gems February Sale

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone taken advantage of the sale at Master Cut Gems this month? Please share your purchases.

I purchased two small items. A pair of 5mm Citrines that I'll have set into earrings.

At arms length the slight color difference isn't obvious and while I wouldn't use them for side stones they're a great color for earrings.
citrines_outside.jpg

Backside of the Citrines because I always think this is a fun gemstone shot. Inside with some filtered natural light.
citrines_backside.jpg

Next a 10 stone parcel of 3 mm to 3.2 mm Spessartite /Hessonite Garnets. Getting any decent photo was a challenge because I didn't take them outside.They are nice and sparkly. One of them will be set into an earring. The others may become side stones or a ring.
hess-spess_inside.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked but their sapphires were too small for what I want.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty stones! Dana always seems to have natural, unheated citrines and a good range of hessonites. I wish I could take advantage if the sale. I'm new here, so I am not familiar with times of different vendor sales. I'm saving up for a local gem show in March. I'm hoping Daba will be there, as it is in NC, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave and chatoyancy part of the fun with colored stones is hunting for them. If I have a specific idea in mind it's often hard to find the right stone size.

I took a chance on the Citrines because I haven't found any nicely matched pairs of Spessartite garnets in this size. That are a color I really like. I admit that the 3 mm to 3.2 mm stones may sit unset for a long time since I really didn't need that many. One is currently at the jeweler waiting to be set into an earring. We selected 5 stones that match well enough to become a ring, if I decide to go in that direction. :sun:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful citrines! I went NUTS during Dana's November sale so I held off on this one... there were lots of things I wanted but I thought maybe I should show some restraint! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job with restraint, distracts! I hope you posted a thread about what you got in November. I'm going to go search for it. =)

ETA: Nope didn't see a thread. Why don't you post your lovely items?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results